Foreigners slagging Thais

Rayk

Agree it goes too far, but there are some things that need to be slagged off eg dictatorship, justice system/corruption (sure we have that in the West but nowhere close to the stratopheric levels here and big penalties when caught), sex with children.

Agree it goes too far, but there are some things that need to be slagged off eg dictatorship, justice system/corruption (sure we have that in the West but nowhere close to the stratopheric levels here and big penalties when caught), sex with children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/roberto-saviano-britain-corrupt-mafia-hay-festival-a7054851.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/roberto-saviano-britain-corrupt-mafia-hay-festival-a7054851.html

I worked there for 35 years and agree that the City of London has some of the greediest corrupt ba$tards in the world at many levels (it also has a hell of a lot of clean, moral ethical people) I don't believe the claims of the guy in the article - just trying to sell books and anyway his claim about corruption seems to be about non-Brit racial groups moving in.

The difference is that their form of corruption is not endemic (in the sense of having reached acceptable behaviour status in the culture). Far form it. Contrast with Thailand, SEA, Nigeria et al where it seems to be widely accepted that to get on you have to lie and cheat. I would say that there is a much greater sense that the justice system works when law-breaking is identified. Most financial crime does not pay in the long run.

Public service corruption levels in the UK (central and local government) are possibly among the lowest in the world IMO. I may be cynical about the bankers, but I was equally exposed to the Civil Service at many levels including the top and my old man was a chief financial officer of a large county. I have a very high opinion of their motivations and ethics. Bankers would take customers and each other out for evenings of debauchery on their firm's account*. Some senior/management level civil servants would not let me, their consultant, buy them a glass of wine!

[Ex auditor of major corporations and financial investigator. Before retiring, responsible for compliance and ethics at a senior level in one of the worlds largest accounting/consulting firms]

* Debauchery business entertaining in Asia is legendary compares with what goes on in London. Would be hair curling, except when recounted to expats in Thailandtongue.png .

I find it halourious how foreigners slag off other foreigners who slag off thais.

Sent from my c64

I find it even funnier, how those foreigners who point out those other foreigners that slag off other foreigners who slag off Thais.

:P