British Labour MP Jo Cox dies after being shot and stabbed

webfact

Now being reported the killer was shouting "Britain First", assume this refers to the political party of the same name who have some supporters on this forum. Long overdue for recognition that extreme political language needs to be toned down.

This has been refuted. Nobody shouted any slogan. She was not targeted. The remain campaign has made political capital of this tragedy and added to its many lies.

Why is it still being reported then? CNN have just repeated it and it's all over the online Daily Mail which is hardly left wing. Can you link to the refutation?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now being reported the killer was shouting "Britain First", assume this refers to the political party of the same name who have some supporters on this forum. Long overdue for recognition that extreme political language needs to be toned down.

This has been refuted. Nobody shouted any slogan. She was not targeted. The remain campaign has made political capital of this tragedy and added to its many lies.
So the eyewitness on BBC was being economical with the truth then?

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Just another right winger trying not too accept the reality that their hateful rhetoric has consequences.

Edited by Throatwobbler

A terrible tragedy. As a Left Winger Jo shared and advocated for the same values and principles I share. Although another Nation and many miles away we were kindred spirits. For her to be executed by a hate filled Right Wing extremist just leaves me in despair.

A wife and a Mother of two young daughters just adds to the utter tragedy.

A fallen Comrade, a day when the entire world became just a little less human and evil and hatred showed its true intent.

She was not killed by a right wing extremist. He was a mentally sick man with no known political affiliations. Get over yourself!

It has been reported that he was associated with a number of far right fascist organisations via social media.

Suppose you can blame the far right extremist organisations for brainwashing him.

Edited by Basil B

How did this happen...doesn't Britain have some of the worlds strictest gun control laws? Do you mean to tell me it actually is mentally ill people who kill people and not guns that kill people?

Unless, of course, they are Muslims, then they are terrorist. Make up your mind, are they mentally ill or are they terrorist?

TH

If someone is on psychotropic medication that would appear to be a subtle clue they did indeed have mental problems.

Whoosh is the sound as the post flies over your head.....?

TH

She campaigned for Britain to allow refugees to be allowed to come to Britain ,he was a mental patient who had just been let out , he shouted "put Britain first" this was reported by an immegrant , he was a loner, thats it .

The supposed witness denied he ever heard "Britain first" but alas many rushed to make political capital out of this tragic murder before she is even put to rest. Quite disgusting and cynical behavior.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/16/breaking-labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-stabbed-constituency-surgery-yorkshire/

Well this was an eye witness and he said he heard just that here he is being interviewed by the BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36555996

do we have to turn this into a political discussion ? A good person has been murdered, no justification whether political or not

A terrible tragedy. As a Left Winger Jo shared and advocated for the same values and principles I share. Although another Nation and many miles away we were kindred spirits. For her to be executed by a hate filled Right Wing extremist just leaves me in despair.

A wife and a Mother of two young daughters just adds to the utter tragedy.

A fallen Comrade, a day when the entire world became just a little less human and evil and hatred showed its true intent.

She was not killed by a right wing extremist. He was a mentally sick man with no known political affiliations. Get over yourself!

Zero interest in discussing anything with Right Wing apologists today.

How did this happen...doesn't Britain have some of the worlds strictest gun control laws? Do you mean to tell me it actually is mentally ill people who kill people and not guns that kill people?

What a sad unsympathetic post, from someone who hides behind anonymity

Cynicism like this is awful, and suggests its own sickness

I will pray for this poster as well as the family and this lady who must be devastated, R I P

Nothing fails like prayer. However, efforts to provide appropriate healthcare to those afflicted with mental illnesses would certainly help. I think that's one commonality shared by many of these killers. Religion is certainly not the answer; in Orlando, it may have been the impetus for killing 49 people. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Mentally ill person with intent and gun = much bigger concern than mentally ill person with intent minus gun. Is it really so difficult to understand?

That might be the case in countries where people have limited rights. (Thou even in a very anti-gun country like the UK it didn't do any good.) However, in the US, we have certain inalienable rights so we need to leave the guns alone and focus on the mental health issues.

attachicon.gifDon-t-Feed-the-Trolls-biggerstaff-family-22675626-412-341.jpg

The regressive Left's ad-hominem attack strikes again. If you have a pertinent reply then state it...but name-calling is just juvenile.

FYI: Flaming other members or their post's is against Forum rules.

Don't take it to heart mate wink.png The Left hate it when the truth or the bleeding obvious is pointed out to them regardless of which country they live in whistling.gif

First of all, one eye witness said he thought that the attacker said "Britain first or something like that but couldn't be sure". Secondly the man has a history of mental illness so whatever he said is pretty irrelevant at this point. Lastly for some people to try to make flippant comments about gun laws should know better. However one thing is for sure, many people obsessed with gun ownership certainly show a level of mentally instability.

Rhetoric didn't kill her.

If in fact it is proven the killer was is an adherent to far right ideology I beg to differ.

She campaigned for Britain to allow refugees to be allowed to come to Britain ,he was a mental patient who had just been let out , he shouted "put Britain first" this was reported by an immegrant , he was a loner, thats it .

Why did you feel the need to point out that the person who said he shouted 'Put Britain First' was an immigrant? I don't see the relevance.

I certainly see the significance of why he wanted to make that observation and it isn't pretty.

This young lady was killed doing her job as an MP. She was passionate about freedom of speech, democracy, human rights, the poor, the marginalised, the refugee, the migrant. She was prepared to stand up for what she believed in and work tirelessly for those beliefs as her work for Oxfam before she became an MP testifies. How many of us have done half as much as she did in her short life? She leaves behind two young children aged 5 and 3, and a husband who bravely made a moving statement. I urge all Thai Visa members, whatever your politics, to put aside your differences and treat the tragic death of a wonderful spirited Jo Cox MP with dignity and respect. Turn your thoughts and prayers, as I have, towards her family and friends. Pray also for the perpetrator. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

He knew what he was doing alright. Came armed with gun and knife. Pray for the perpetrator? Give me break.

The eye witness told BBC "He was shouting put Britain first, or Britain first". It was also reported he had mental health issues. Police knew of his far right views. Neighbours said he kept to himself.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk[/quote

Does it means that all Brexit supporters got mental health problems?

And how many guns deaths are there in the UK? Very few... how many in the US.... I rest my case.

More gun stores in the US then supermarkets and fast foods combined

post-172336-0-10371200-1466162487_thumb.

Why did you feel the need to point out that the person who said he shouted 'Put Britain First' was an immigrant? I don't see the relevance.

I was pointing out that he said "put Britain first" not the racist party slogan "Britain first" and it was an immigrant that stated this,so he was not trying to make it sound a racist attack,it was not meant to be derogatory to immigrants on my part ,ok?

Not sure who this 'immegrant' you are referring to is but the guy the BBC have interviewed is clearly a yorkshireman.
In the paper I read an Asian shopkeeper stated this,I am sure more than one person was there

Why is it still being reported then? CNN have just repeated it and it's all over the online Daily Mail which is hardly left wing. Can you link to the refutation?

Actually if you read the whole article in the D.M it does say he shouted either Britain first or put Britain first the guy was not sure

Do you really think anyone argues that specific point? Technically, even that trite phrase is misstated; it isn't the gun, it's the bullet. Since you appear to be agreeing with the fact there are people who do not deserve gun access; do you also support gun control?.

nobody in a CIVILISED country needs a gun.

What's your point? I want a gun. I've had guns since I was 6 years old. The only time I ever killed anyone was when I was where my government put me. The majority of Americans want their guns or the second amendment would be repealed. If you don't like it, get the political clout to change it, or don't go there.

And how many guns deaths are there in the UK? Very few... how many in the US.... I rest my case.

More gun stores in the US then supermarkets and fast foods combined

Sorry people to go OT, but where's a link??? Don't change the wording from the picture!!

Your graff says dealers, not stores and many dealers don't have stores. Some WalMarts

sols grocres and guns, clothes, TV's,flowers and oil.

rice555

Well, I guess she doesn't have to live with refugees any more.

All anyone needs to know about you in 1 sentence.

Yeah,...another PC apologist.

People have been known to kill for their beliefs....hows this any different?

Because shes a woman with kids?

Get over it....im not supporting the murderer who did this....but many are fed up with their governments come one come all immigration policy and the nasty habit of not listening to its people.

Get over it....im not supporting the murderer who did this....but many are fed up with their governments come one come all immigration policy and the nasty habit of not listening to its people.

I predict a Remain win followed by a Corbyn Labour victory at the next GE.

And I am feed up of racists who think the UK is full immigrants on the benefit band wagon when in actual fact they are doing jobs that some indigenous Brits would not get out of bed for...

It happened outside a surgery where she was listening to the people she represents.

Do you really think anyone argues that specific point? Technically, even that trite phrase is misstated; it isn't the gun, it's the bullet. Since you appear to be agreeing with the fact there are people who do not deserve gun access; do you also support gun control?.

nobody in a CIVILISED country needs a gun.

What's your point? I want a gun. I've had guns since I was 6 years old. The only time I ever killed anyone was when I was where my government put me. The majority of Americans want their guns or the second amendment would be repealed. If you don't like it, get the political clout to change it, or don't go there.

So you need a gun. Your body must be very small somewhere else them.