"I'm Sergeant Joe!" Gun road rage on Rama 3

webfact

"I'm Sergeant Joe!" Gun road rage on Rama 3

s1p.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A man claiming to be a police officer got out of his car to threaten a motorist with a gun on Rama 3 road, Bangkok, yesterday morning. The action was caught on a dash cam and posted later on Facebook.

The driver is shown getting out of his car and approachinbg the other car with a gun in his hand, reported Thairath. An argument about a road traffic incident breaks out. The gun toting may says he is "Sergeant Joe".

After the clip ends it is claimed that the man with the gun tried to grab the key of the other driver. It fell on the floor before it is claimed he said: "If it was nighttime I'd just kill you and dump you".

Kittisak Sae-wong, 41, an interior designer and owner of the clip, went to Bang Pong Pang police to make a complaint. He admitted there had been a near miss earlier that he might have been to blame for but thereafter the other car caught up and stopped in front of him with the driver getting out as shown in the video, reported Thairath.

Police said that the other driver is called Udomsap Lormkaew. He is not a policeman but has previous form in a number of cases including impersonating a police officer, drugs, and having a weapon. They are gathering further evidence before seeking a warrant for his arrest.

After reports on social media that Udomsap has a mobile phone shop at Lotus Rama 3 and his vehicle was seen parked there yesterday evening police went there but did not find him.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JfaaymseOE

Almost always now the Thai crims photos have their faces blocked. The same doesn't seem to apply to farangs who have been apprehended for villainous deeds. Could this be called racism on the part of the media? If there is a good reason for it perhaps the media might explain so we could understand why.

This fellow was caught on camera waving a gun and pretending to be a copper - he is known to the police for similar actions in the past, yet they need to gather more evidence before they apply for an arrest warrant?

And there are many more Sergeant Joes on the road.

I assume if found guilty he will be banned from owning fire arms and imprisoned.

Threatening behaviour , carrying a firearm in pubic , impersonating a police officer , threatening physical harm 2 murder

I think 'Sergeant Joe' is a classical case of someone in need of attitude adjustment lessons.

Sergent Joe needs a damn good seeing to not attitude adjustment. These are the sort of people who should never ever be allowed to even see the photo of a gun let alone have one

............... He is not a policeman but has previous form in a number of cases including impersonating a police officer, drugs, and having a weapon...............

He's more than qualified to join the rest of the clowns then!!cheesy.gif

And there are many more Sergeant Joes on the road.

I assume if found guilty he will be banned from owning fire arms and imprisoned.

And just why would you think this? Didn't you read the whole article? It says the police know him and he has done this several times??

What makes this time any different from the others?

Why do you need an arrest warrant when someone breaks the law? If a police officer sees someone shoot someone do they have to get an arrest warrant before they can arrest him? Serious question

"Sgt. Joe'' indeed needs a darned good thrashing.

It's all too easy to 'play policeman' in Thailand.

Just pop to the local market, buy a T-Shirt and jacket with 'POLICE' splashed all over it, buy a few stickers and lights for the car, big silly utility belt, huge bunch of keys, get a cheap gun, display your frail Thai male ego/small man syndrome to the forefront (vital) and you're off.....

There used to be a little knot of pretend coppers in one of my locals who even had a real copper as a pal.

I actually thought they were real plod for a while until one night there was a genuine heavy police presence and for some reason this rabble all stopped slouching all over the place over their cheap whiskey and few plates of slop, trying to grab the waitresses <deleted>, acting like they owned it, and slunk away.....

Just pop to the local market, buy a T-shirt and jacket with 'POLICE' splashed all over it, buy a few stickers and lights for the car, big silly utility belt, huge bunch of keys, get a cheap gun, display your frail Thai male ego/small man syndrome to the forefront (vital) and you're off.....

There used to be a little knot of pretend coppers in one of my locals who even had a real copper as a pal.

I actually thought they were real plod for a while until one night there was a genuine heavy police presence and for some reason this rabble all stopped slouching all over the place over their cheap whiskey and few plates of slop, trying to grab the waitresses <deleted>, acting like they owned it, and slunk away.....

N.B. The T-Shirt must be 2 to 3 sizes too small.

This fellow was caught on camera waving a gun and pretending to be a copper - he is known to the police for similar actions in the past, yet they need to gather more evidence before they apply for an arrest warrant?

You can only say &lt;deleted&gt; so many times after that it becomes as meaningless as "known to the police for similar actions in the past,", only in Thailand.

Just pop to the local market, buy a T-Shirt and jacket with 'POLICE' splashed all over it, buy a few stickers and lights for the car, big silly utility belt, huge bunch of keys, get a cheap gun, display your frail Thai male ego/small man syndrome to the forefront (vital) and you're off.....

He doesn't need a thrashing, he needs removal from the gene pool.

I would have thought that the death threats made (can clearly be heard) along with pointing a gun & his previous police record

would have had him charged almost immediately.

Why do they need time to collect "more evidence" ?

Almost always now the Thai crims photos have their faces blocked. The same doesn't seem to apply to farangs who have been apprehended for villainous deeds. Could this be called racism on the part of the media? If there is a good reason for it perhaps the media might explain so we could understand why.

i think it is supposed to depend on whether they have been charged yet or not, as if they end up not getting charged then the paper could get sued for defaming them, but in reality it doesn't seem to actually follow any definite pattern.

Presumably it was the complainant in the photo as they are still looking for "Sergeant Joe".

Very sensible to keep his face blocked out.

Could your complaint be called "knee jerk racism"? or is their some other good reason you did not read the post before you leapt into print?