Rip current warning issued for Kata-Karon

webfact

Rip current warning issued for Kata-Karon
Phuket Gazette

pg2.jpeg
Rip current warnings are in place at Kata and Karon beaches. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Karon Municipality issued a rip current warning to all swimmers at Kata and Karon beaches yesterday.

“Southwest winds are battering the island, causing strong waves, so we are warning beach-goers to be especially careful,” said Karon Mayor Thawee Thongcham.

“We advise everyone to avoid swimming for their own safety. However, if anyone decides to enter the water, please follow the warning signs placed by lifeguards.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Rip-current-warning-issued-KataKaron/64079?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-17

Karon ? worst rip I have ever encountered, got swept out so far out I could only just see the island. Much to the chagrin of many I somehow managed to get back to land, where I was told by a local that often 2 - 3 people a day were drowned off this beach especially during the rainy season, but unmentioned as it would blemish tourism ! Bumped into an old friend in Pattaya recently, who told me that his wife had disappeared in Phuket several years back, never found. "Karon Beach" ?, I said. How did you know, he said :(

Karon ? worst rip I have ever encountered, got swept out so far out I could only just see the island. Much to the chagrin of many I somehow managed to get back to land, where I was told by a local that often 2 - 3 people a day were drowned off this beach especially during the rainy season, but unmentioned as it would blemish tourism ! Bumped into an old friend in Pattaya recently, who told me that his wife had disappeared in Phuket several years back, never found. "Karon Beach" ?, I said. How did you know, he said :(

Sorry, but that is nonsense. 2-3 people a day unmentioned.