Police hunt farang donation box robber

rooster59

Serious stuff and a crime worth spending many hours of the BiB's time and resources!

The standard response whenever a farang might be the perpetrator here at TV.

Now the authorities blame 'farang looking'man ......

The police officer said he appeared to be a westerner after looking at the CCTV footage. He didn't say it was a farang. That was the title of the thread and newspaper headline. His conclusion is undoubtedly better informed than all the knee jerk TV farang-apologists who apparently can't conceive a farang looking person could do anything like this,
Edited by Suradit69

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking for a farang in Phuket... Lol... Good luck with that.

Without wishing to appear anti Muslim... I think a better byline would have been "police hunt for a Muslim...." , after all, how many non Muslims really wander around inside regional mosques?

good point, more importantly how many "non muslim" thieves would wander around a mosque looking to steal the donation money? I know I would stick out like a sore thumb, hardly good for appearing inconspicuous so you can go about your pilfering.

At the ned of the day as wrong as it is he stole a small amount of money. How much police resource and time would you really dedicate to catching this guy? Better spend time on more important crimes in my view.

If that's the only pic they have then it's a bold statement to say it's a Farang !!

The picture is from footage taken by CCTV as the story mentioned. If true, there is much more than just that one picture.

“He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. His face was covered by a baseball cap but he looked like a farang,” said Col Sophon.

“After he took out the money, he used his clothes to wipe off his finger prints.”

Police said that the thief fit the description of a man who stole money from a donation box in Patong on Monday. "

That's what you get if you click the link to the original article, amazing innit ?

If that's the only pic they have then it's a bold statement to say it's a Farang !!

The picture is from footage taken by CCTV as the story mentioned. If true, there is much more than just that one picture.

Well then might have been a good idea to post one of the more revealing photos, don't you think smile.png

Yea like how he looks like a farang and how old he was and how high he was------- some people get a hell of a lot of info from a camera shot

...doesn't look 'farang' to me.....

..ears...slouch....and overall action.....

...Thais are more obsessed with 'uniforms'...as this one appears to be wearing....

...this is really getting out of hand.......

...the trillions of baht that foreigners bring to this country are still not enough......

...have you ever heard 'Thank You' uttered....ever.....???

160cm? So looking for a 5'2" foreigner!

He is shorter then my Philippine missus. Shorter then most Thai men I suspect. I guess that this is wrong.

Anyway, if that picture is all they have to go on they have zero chance of catching him.

We all look the same anywaycheesy.gif

I have a Farlang friend who`s back of his head looks exactly like the man`s in the picture, even has a similar hat as well. Can`t be many that have back of their heads looking like that. It must be him, I will be informing the police immediately.

What the hell's a 'Farlang'? It's bad enough hearing the insidious word following me around all day without having to encounter various misspellings of the word.

I have a Farlang friend who`s back of his head looks exactly like the man`s in the picture, even has a similar hat as well. Can`t be many that have back of their heads looking like that. It must be him, I will be informing the police immediately.

What the hell's a 'Farlang'? It's bad enough hearing the insidious word following me around all day without having to encounter various misspellings of the word.

Apparently it's a designer jewelry company.... Hope that helps ?

post-249978-0-40757100-1466260046_thumb.

Edited by farcanell

Serious stuff and a crime worth spending many hours of the BiB's time and resources!

It certainly is if it's a farang stealing from Thais, in Thailand.

That's about the biggest thing that could p!ss them off, getting done by a foreigner on their own turf. laugh.png Would absolutely eat them up,.

Hunt for a FARANG looking man? How many Farangs visit a MOSQUE. NUMBER ONE, does he read ARABIC to understand that was a money box? How about a local who goes to the MOSQUE and knows the lay out. Did they check the foot prints for size? Size 8 and below not a WHITE GUY.

HUNT him but the FLYING MONK IN HAWAII, HUH! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, PRIVATE JET but he prayed for forgiveness its ok now.

Tiger Temple slaughtering animals for profit, no big deal. Con man hiding in a temple refusing to surrender, movie stars pay a fine, taxi man jumps on FARANG car but heck lets hunt the SUPPOSED FARANG for 30$?

TOO FUNNY TO TAKE SERIOUSLY.

Nope, thanks. I understood all the dialogue up until the hat wearer spoke. What did he say? (I'm not joking or being dumb but I re-ran it several times yet still couldn't understand the speech. Ghetto slang?

"Nah, it's the same. Just turn it sideways on your head"

They don't look like coveralls to me, more like a (thawb) thobe. After all it was mosque.The person must be a foreigner since the cap is being worn with the brim to the front as intended by the designer and not back-to-fron with brim over the neck or worse; to one side with brim over an ear, all an indication of low intelligence.....

Your comment certainly made you sound bright.

This should clear things up.

A "comedy" using black youth fashion as the butt of their "joke" should clear what up exactly?

Good result.

1400 baht less funding for terrorism. biggrin.png

Worldwide Muslims give more to charity than any other religion, atheists give less than all of the religions. The UK is the most generous developed nation, but it is the Muslims in the UK that give the most by far. Not all Muslim donations fund terrorism, just like not all US Catholic donations fund the IRA.

Hunt for a FARANG looking man? How many Farangs visit a MOSQUE. NUMBER ONE, does he read ARABIC to understand that was a money box? How about a local who goes to the MOSQUE and knows the lay out. Did they check the foot prints for size? Size 8 and below not a WHITE GUY.

HUNT him but the FLYING MONK IN HAWAII, HUH! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, PRIVATE JET but he prayed for forgiveness its ok now.

Tiger Temple slaughtering animals for profit, no big deal. Con man hiding in a temple refusing to surrender, movie stars pay a fine, taxi man jumps on FARANG car but heck lets hunt the SUPPOSED FARANG for 30$?

TOO FUNNY TO TAKE SERIOUSLY.

That is just too daft to take seriously.

You think he was there to pray and then just went for the cash? Cash boxes are generally quite easy to identify by the slot in the top where you drop the cash. Some falangs have small feet. Thailand does not have the authority to "hunt" someone that America has given asylum to, if you have grief with anyone then have grief with the US for letting in and protecting a criminal. It is very difficult to get permission to raid a mosque, it has been the same in the West, if a criminal could make it to a church they were safe. The movie star is a genuine problem but that says nothing about this. The taxi man was charged. The cops are supposed to hunt all criminals, why do you take offense at a thief stealing from a charity box being hunted by the police? Crazy stuff.

" thief appears to be a westerner, aged 30 to 35 years, and about 160-170cm tall.

“He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. His face was covered by a baseball cap but he looked like a farang,” said Col Sophon.

“After he took out the money, he used his clothes to wipe off his finger prints.”

Police said that the thief fit the description of a man who stole money from a donation box in Patong on Monday. "

A thief on holiday !!

Now the authorities blame 'farang looking'man ......

Exactly...blame the farang at every opportunity...as for being "farang looking"...I do not know many farang who are this short in stature and would risk jail in Thailand for a measly 1400 baht...

Thais, on the other hand, will sell their children for much less...