Girl who killed nine on Bangkok freeway agrees to 138 hours more community service

webfact

Girl who killed nine on Bangkok freeway agrees to 138 hours more community service

s1ap.jpg
Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Praewa the girl who was driving a Civic when nine people in a minibus lost their lives in Bangkok has agreed to complete her community service.

She will need to complete 138 hours of service by August 23rd, reported Sanook.

It has not yet been revealed exactly what form this will take. If she does not complete it by the designated time she will need to appear in court again.

She had already done 90 hours before but had stalled on a second stint after claiming that she had been threatened by officials, something that was denied by those responsible for arranging her service.

If she completes the 138 by the designated time she will be free to go.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-22

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's translate to about 15.3 per person killed by this woman, who says life in Thailand isn't cheap,

and the message to would be killers of innocent people in the future? you can kill people by driving

uncaringly and irresponsibly all you like, the worst that can happened to you is community service.....

That's translate to about 15.3 per person killed by this woman, who says life in Thailand isn't cheap,

and the message to would be killers of innocent people in the future? you can kill people by driving

uncaringly and irresponsibly all you like, the worst that can happened to you is community service.....

bit harsh, i am sure she is full of remorse for 15 hours for each life she ended.

Under age, driving illegally, without a license, kills 9, injures 5 others, but because of her last name, get's a suspended sentence and "community service". Meanwhile, 2 mushroom pickers get 10 years or so. Yeah, there's justice in Thailand, but it's spelled "Just Us", as in Just Us with the money and connections can do whatever we want. In any civilised country, she would have been tried as an adult and would be looking at YEARS, if not the rest of her life, in prison.

Absolutely disgusting!

The dinosaurs running the show just don't understand how totally pissed off ordinary folks are with the antics of these hiso creeps. BTW, where is Mr Boss Red Bull? Didn't he have one final, absolutely last chance to turn himself in before they would nab him? He is probably out boozing every night with his creepy mates, laughing their <deleted> off.

How very 'generous' of her to agree to this. Breach of probation should mean automatic jail, as it does in a lot of countries.

Ufortunately when one is rich there is just contempt for the system worldwide.

poor petal, nasty officials threatened her.

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

Do you have any children? If so, would you not do the same?

She AGREES, how decent of her as i suppose she could have refused.

Agreement doesn't come into it, she should have been weighed off properly from the outset and no negotiation.

The writing was on the wall as soon as the story broke and mummy was in there saying she hoped there would be no angry reaction just because of the family name. Mummy didn't have to worry and probably knew it because the family name worked just as it was meant to.

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

What a selfish silly statement. What about the other kids and their parents. The honourable thing to do is own up to it and help her , but let the law take it's course.

Iwill back my children , but they are not above the law. You have a lot of growing up to do.

Edited by Rooo

Ten little HiSo's driving down the road,

Ten little HiSo's driving down the road,

....... and if one little HiSo should kill someone,
driving down the road,
there'll STILL be ten little HiSo's driving down the road.
Thank you. wai2.gif

I have a daughter,if she would get killed by an under age ,unlicensed and there fore uninsured reckless driver i would want real justice.

The time is coming for Thailand to enforce the law no matter who you are,social media go!!!!!

my daughter drunk drove with a high reading, crashed into a parked unocuupied car, i gave her a riot act.

the magistrate, said if she did not have children she was off to jail.

she got no sympathy from me, through volunteer work in the past, i have been to a few road fatalities.

I would make sure my daughter completed her community service :angry:

They should put the spoiled brat on morgue cleaning duty with the convicted drunk drivers (reference the story posted on Thaivisa yesterday). That would be more of a wake up call for her past actions, than the lame community service hours...bah.gif

Edited by merlin2002

Bring back the pillory and stocks for punishment of HiSo's... If they aren't going to be jailed, at least let the families get some satisfaction in seeing them humiliated in public. In Thailand they appear to get off scot-free for all their crimes, the laws aren't applicable to them...coffee1.gif

Edited by merlin2002

The point of a real justice system is that your feelings would be irrelevant to the judgment and you would not be able to influence it apart from paying for a top notch lawyer.

Alas, we are not in such a situation in Thailand and I'm sure that dad's feelings have been of the utmost importance.

I would do everything in my power to keep my daughter out of jail - because I don't think that under such circumstances jail would serve any purpose. But I would expect her to suffer an effective punishment, significant long term community service, curfews, tagging and very severe financial penalties. And a lifetime driving ban.

I would expect and want all such penalties to be rigorously enforced.

Edited by JAG

How come this woman got off virtually scott free? Is there no justice in Thailand, or does it mean that if your powerful and rich, the law doesn't apply?

Naive question of the day biggrin.png

Try guessing...

Hint: both.

Absolutely disgusting. I know what you deserve!

until Thailand accepts that everyone is equal under the law it will never get better, the rich kill innocents and get a slap on the wrist, face is simply too important. This girls parents should have spent time in jail for giving her the car and letting her drive it illegally but nothing happens because of their name, truly pathetic but what everyone in Thailand accepts because those in power refuse to change it in case it effects them.