Thai Army Commander affirms GT200 purchase by the books

webfact

All very interesting. It seems the only reason it has now emerged is that fresh dosh is on offer, i.e the refund that the

UK government has offered. Quickly, quickly, how can we lose/bury this ----- the icing on the cake.

How cool is that! A nice cut from the fraudulent purchase, and now a shot at a rebate. Amazing Thailand!

Regarding the soldiers trusting their lives to crap--well, sacrifices must be made for the benefit of 'quality' people. It's not like those peasants are of any consequence, is it?

All very interesting. It seems the only reason it has now emerged is that fresh dosh is on offer, i.e the refund that the

UK government has offered. Quickly, quickly, how can we lose/bury this ----- the icing on the cake.

they should refund them with fake money same way the thais gave back fake jewels to the saudis.

So several different agencies and personal are all idiots, not just one. Well done Govt.

They sure are:

"Bolton's device, the GT200, was also backed by British embassies in Mexico City and Manila, through the then Department of Trade and Industry".

"In fact, earlier this year, the device surfaced in Egypt with claims from the Egyptian military that it could detect hepatitis and HIV.

And the bogus detectors are still in use at checkpoints across Baghdad. They were also deployed at a recent security conference in Djibouti and, just this week, the BBC filmed them in use at a shopping mall in Pakistan".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896

Well done British Govt.

I wonder if Tony Blair got his cut OK...

W

Buyer beware... but I can't blame Mr Blare, I made a shit load of cash when he was in power, thats why I'm retired now, just guessing you didn't do so well smile.png

The problem with guessing is that it's... 'guessing'. And no, you'd be wrong. The comment was tongue-in-cheek, though in retrospect I think That Blair gave up a chance of becoming one of Britain's great PM's in favour of licking GW Bush's boots and lying to the nation, hence becoming one of it's least well-loved and perhaps most notorious PM's.

It's a sad commentary on people when they can feel free to judge a PM based on whether they raked in a lot of cash while he happened to be PM. On of the problems with the disgusting yuppie culture I suppose.

Winnie

So several different agencies and personal are all idiots, not just one. Well done Govt.

They sure are:

"Bolton's device, the GT200, was also backed by British embassies in Mexico City and Manila, through the then Department of Trade and Industry".

"In fact, earlier this year, the device surfaced in Egypt with claims from the Egyptian military that it could detect hepatitis and HIV.

And the bogus detectors are still in use at checkpoints across Baghdad. They were also deployed at a recent security conference in Djibouti and, just this week, the BBC filmed them in use at a shopping mall in Pakistan".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896

Well done British Govt.

I wonder if Tony Blair got his cut OK...

W

Buyer beware... but I can't blame Mr Blare, I made a shit load of cash when he was in power, thats why I'm retired now, just guessing you didn't do so well smile.png

The problem with guessing is that it's... 'guessing'. And no, you'd be wrong. The comment was tongue-in-cheek, though in retrospect I think That Blair gave up a chance of becoming one of Britain's great PM's in favour of licking GW Bush's boots and lying to the nation, hence becoming one of it's least well-loved and perhaps most notorious PM's.

It's a sad commentary on people when they can feel free to judge a PM based on whether they raked in a lot of cash while he happened to be PM. One of the problems with the disgusting yuppie culture I suppose.

Winnie

A useful piece of evidence in rhe enquiry would be footage from the press conference given by army generals in February 2010 in which the public was informed the GT 200 was an excellent bit of kit - despite overwhelmimg evidence it was a scam.

These people lie with a straight face, and then lie again.Saviours of the country?

A useful piece of evidence in rhe enquiry would be footage from the press conference given by army generals in February 2010 in which the public was informed the GT 200 was an excellent bit of kit - despite overwhelmimg evidence it was a scam.

These people lie with a straight face, and then lie again.Saviours of the country?

The whole mess started to come seriously unraveled in early 2010, when as reported by BBC:

"A UK government ban on the export of "magic wand" bomb detectors to Iraq and Afghanistan becomes effective on 27 January, as the BBC reveals further shocking evidence of the shortcomings of these devices.

The restriction is being imposed following a BBC Newsnight investigation which showed that the supposed detectors were incapable of detecting explosives or anything else.

There are concerns that they have failed to stop bomb attacks which have killed hundreds of people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/8481774.stm

This report focused on the "ADE651" bomb detector, and in typical Thai fashion, the Thai PM at the time, our old friend Suthep Thaugsuban, was quoted as saying, "We use a different brand", regarding use of the GT200.