Thai Visa and Microsoft Edge. - Like two viruses!

Generalchaos

Anyone using Windows 10, with Edge trying to view Thai Visa?

Does anyone get the same problems as me?

If you right click and open each thread in a new tab, it starts lagging, dragging down the speed of the PC, many of the tabs keep reloading again and again, often it cannot load the pages, SQL errors, need to refresh errors.....something is not compatible here with Edge.

Once you open about 4 tabs, the PC grinds to an almost complete stop.

Then try closing the tabs - They just don't close!

Sometimes you have to go into Task Manager and end the process.

There is no other site I use that behaves like this.

Also, it isn't as bad, but it does sometimes affect Chrome too!

And no, it isn't the computer - it is an i7 3700K, 32GB RAM, on an Asus P8Z77-V, no other websites do this.

Edited by Generalchaos

I rarely used Edge. I primarily use Chrome with IE as my alternate browser. However, I just gave Edge a try with ThaiVisa, opened four ThaiVisa tabs, surfed around, closed some of the tabs and then reopened them. No problems, no lagging, just smooth operation.

I run Win 10 Pro i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, Lenovo laptop.

Edited by Pib

I rarely used Edge. I primarily use Chrome with IE as my alternate browser. However, I just gave Edge a try with ThaiVisa, opened four ThaiVisa tabs, surfed around, closed some of the tabs and then reopened them. No problems, no lagging, just smooth operation.

I run Win 10 Pro i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, Lenovo laptop.

Strange! Thanks for trying it out. Doesn't really make much sense as to why this TV Website causes me so much problems compared to others, but then you see no problem.

Could you do me one more favour, could you try and open the 4 or more tabs in the morning (Thai Time) before 10AM but after 7PM and see if it makes a difference?

Most of the problems here seem to be earlier in the day - now that it is gone 6PM I can open tabs left right and centre with no problem at all.

The other thing that is noticeable is that the taskbar on Win 10 goes crazy and starts refreshing itself and reloading all of the icons over and over again.

Thanks for replying, I need to dig deeper.

I still think it is something to do with Edge rather than the PC as it often also starts to misbehave using the scroll wheel on the mouse - You cannot actually scroll, it just jitters. In order to get over that you have to click the middle button and then drag for a couple of seconds then re-click the centre wheel and then scrolling resumes as normal.

It isn't the mouse as I have tried 3 different mice, 2 Logitech and one Microsoft and they all end up doing the same thing.

I have an HP Laptop lying around that runs Win 10 on an i7, I will try that and see if I get the same results! (Are you running Win 10 x64 Pro or Home or some other edition?)

Thanks.

Edited by Generalchaos

If I remember I will try. It may have something to do with your internet connection...a slow connection to ThaiVisa which I think is based in Singapore.

Usually international speed starts slowing down in the evening, but maybe for some reason your local connection is getting bogged down in the morning to some parts of the world. When some sites seem to be acting up/slowing down you might want to do some speedtests to the part of the world they are located in.

I don't recommend using Speedtest.net or similar OOKLA/flashbased speedtesters that seem to always give glorious results/can sometimes easily get fooled by local caching.

Use a HTML5 based speedtester like testmy.net or www.dslreports.com/speedtest and just be sure to select a location to test to that is near where your problem website is based.

I run Win 10 Pro X64.

Edited by Pib

Anyone using Windows 10, with Edge trying to view Thai Visa?

Does anyone get the same problems as me?

If you right click and open each thread in a new tab, it starts lagging, dragging down the speed of the PC, many of the tabs keep reloading again and again, often it cannot load the pages, SQL errors, need to refresh errors.....something is not compatible here with Edge.

Once you open about 4 tabs, the PC grinds to an almost complete stop.

Then try closing the tabs - They just don't close!

Sometimes you have to go into Task Manager and end the process.

There is no other site I use that behaves like this.

Also, it isn't as bad, but it does sometimes affect Chrome too!

And no, it isn't the computer - it is an i7 3700K, 32GB RAM, on an Asus P8Z77-V, no other websites do this.

Someone actually uses edge? :)

I use Firefox as my main browser. Earlier this year one of my business accounts stopped working with FF, error is "site under maintenance, try later." A day later, still getting the message, I called them and asked about it. "What maintenance?" I now have to use Chrome to access the site. Since then a few other secure sites have gone the same way. I don't even bother to wait anymore, if things go sideways I try opening the page in Chrome. I'm kind of hooked on FF because I have a bunch of add-ons I've been using for a while.

I've been running Win10 for about 2 months now. I only use Edge as a pdf reader. I have to say that upgrading from Win7, and from an i3 to an i7, has improved my TVF navigation remarkably.

Could you do me one more favour, could you try and open the 4 or more tabs in the morning (Thai Time) before 10AM but after 7PM and see if it makes a difference?

Most of the problems here seem to be earlier in the day - now that it is gone 6PM I can open tabs left right and centre with no problem at all.

Tested again at 8:45am this morning using Edge as requested....no problems.

what is the configuration of your pc, cpu & ram size. May also be your internet supply, what sort of speeds do you get and who is the supplier, also what type of plan are you on(cable/fibre optic, download speeds etc)

what is the configuration of your pc, cpu & ram size. May also be your internet supply, what sort of speeds do you get and who is the supplier, also what type of plan are you on(cable/fibre optic, download speeds etc)

If you read the OP all the details are there.