Bangkok cabbie done after putting hand on passenger's leg and suggesting sex

webfact

D3030

Not into Thai bashing, just getting

Tired of the sick every day facts of

Life in LOS

You have my sympathy. If I was as seriously affected by the "sick" state of affairs in Thailand, as you seem to be, I would be on the next flight out to Utopia.

I trust you are not a prisoner of circumstances.

No, to be fair it is alright to point out awful things. I am not a Thai basher, but as the country that I live and pay taxes in, I feel its ok to slam the bullshit a little. Also, I am leaving to return to the 1st world in August after 15 years of Thailand, and frankly I am looking forward to it. I am tired of the shitty way this country is run and the lack of moral fibre of those who run it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice legs!

It seems the cabbie loves too much!

The world never had similar problems when women covered up more.

The old timers have said they would cherish when they could see a woman's ankles!

When you dress to turn men or women on, what do you expect?

Then post your a photo of your legs on line for the world to see.

All she had to do is grab his hand and say, " no, stop the taxi and let me out!"

it is tired old sad excuses like you put forth that enable pervert junkies the freedom to do as they wish with little or no fear of punishment . i wonder if you would feel the same if this loser ran his hand across your mothers leg before suggesting he get her high and bang her into tomorrow land ? i think not .

D3030

Life in LOS

You have my sympathy. If I was as seriously affected by the "sick" state of affairs in Thailand, as you seem to be, I would be on the next flight out to Utopia.

No why take positive action and remove yourself from the problem when you can post rants on TVF.

;)

D3030

Life in LOS

No, to be fair it is alright to point out awful things. I am not a Thai basher, but as the country that I live and pay taxes in, I feel its ok to slam the bullshit a little. Also, I am leaving to return to the 1st world in August after 15 years of Thailand, and frankly I am looking forward to it. I am tired of the shitty way this country is run and the lack of moral fibre of those who run it.

hmmmm.... wish u smooth sailing ...........

Creative. Prayuth can Be proud!

yes blame it all on Prayuth, not the previous elected governments who had tens of years to make changes

<removed>

Exactly !

the key word here is "elected" .

Most people with a sense of respect

Attempt to affect positive changes.

Some people really have limited

Knowledge of rant vs constructive

Criticism

well said ..............

What was the 5000 Baht fine for? Making a proposal for sex? Touching a passenger? I didn't know that was illegal?

Touching a female strangers leg not illiegal?? Or anyones for that matter. Try it in the street on a lone woman and see what happens.

If she screams and there is a policeman nearby, will he just ignore it as it is not illegal?

What was the 5000 Baht fine for? Making a proposal for sex? Touching a passenger? I didn't know that was illegal?

What a positive spin on a country's no nonsense image and emergency preparedness now though.

this is clear case of molestation.

so cheap punishment for this crime particularly committed

by a person entrusted with the safety and safe delivery of

passengers to their destination.

slammer is the place for this guy.

Six months ban for groping a passenger, unlicensed , drugs etc then it's back to work as normal?

Pity he didn't have an E cig in his gob when she took the pic.

At least he would have got 5 years!

And what makes you think that losing his license for 6 months will stop him from driving his taxi? An expired license seemed to be ignored by him already. The odds that he would be checked if he is legal to drive are almost null.

They do the maths. How much can I earn from driving a taxi over two years or how many years is fairly irrelevant. What are the likelihoods of getting caught? How much will it cost me? Can you blame them?

As far back as I can remember, expats used to come to Thailand for the opportunities it represented regarding the unregulated freedoms to do business and other things which were difficult to do elsewhere. Are we now seeking to level the playing field? Is this not just more of the same?

He probably makes more money muling ice around in his cab than from dragging reluctant passengers from place to place.

Tooling a taxi around cannot be a money making profession the way it is done in the large cities in Thailand, starting with Bangkok were you see hundreds, maybe even thousands, of them cruising the streets looking to be waved down by someone needing a taxi.

Thai Landtransportation Dept. should take a look around in other big cities of the world how taxis are operated in them.

From working and living in Iran during my worldwide working experience Tehran made the best use of its Orange Taxis. The front passenger side window was partially open so the driver could hear. When you need a taxi you stand on the curb and when an Orange Taxi approaches you shouted were you wanted to go. If you are the first passenger you set the route, then all others shouting were they wanted to go if it was on the route the driver would pull over and let you in. After getting in you look at the meter and remember the amount on it. When getting out you look at the meter again and subtract the amount that was on it when you got in, the difference is the fare to which you then add the flag fall and you give the driver the total amount. May sound complicated but you learn very quickly it is not, and is very efficient .

The other taxis are the Stand Taxis located at Taxi stands through the city and are Cream color with a Green band around the middle and are full size cars. You phone the Stand Taxi Company number and the taxi comes where you said you wanted it to come. After getting in the taxi you tell the driver where you want to go, the meter already has the flag fall when it left the Taxi Stand to which then the meter adds the trip fare.

Of course being an efficient system from another country Thailand will NEVER accept it.

Same as Thailand will never accept because it has been suggested on several occasions for the major cities, Bangkok, Pattaya, Changmai, etc. "NO RIGHT TURNS AGAINST ONCOMING TRAFFIC". It sure would improve the movement of traffic in all Thai major cities but this also is used in foreign countries so it is taboo for Thailand.

And so Thailand will struggle along on its way never becoming a developed country.

LOL in LOS.

Edited by swerver

Six months ban for groping a passenger, unlicensed , drugs etc then it's back to work as normal?

And what makes you think that losing his license for 6 months will stop him from driving his taxi? An expired license seemed to be ignored by him already. The odds that he would be checked if he is legal to drive are almost null.

They do the maths. How much can I earn from driving a taxi over two years or how many years is fairly irrelevant. What are the likelihoods of getting caught? How much will it cost me? Can you blame them?

As far back as I can remember, expats used to come to Thailand for the opportunities it represented regarding the unregulated freedoms to do business and other things which were difficult to do elsewhere. Are we now seeking to level the playing field? Is this not just more of the same?

He probably makes more money muling ice around in his cab than from dragging reluctant passengers from place to place.

Tooling a taxi around cannot be a money making profession the way it is done in the large cities in Thailand, starting with Bangkok were you see hundreds, maybe even thousands, of them cruising the streets looking to be waved down by someone needing a taxi.

Thai Landtransportation Dept. should take a look around in other big cities of the world how taxis are operated in them.

From working and living in Iran during my worldwide working experience Tehran made the best use of its Orange Taxis. The front passenger side window was partially open so the driver could hear. When you need a taxi you stand on the curb and when an Orange Taxi approaches you shouted were you wanted to go. If you are the first passenger you set the route, then all others shouting were they wanted to go if it was on the route the driver would pull over and let you in. After getting in you look at the meter and remember the amount on it. When getting out you look at the meter again and subtract the amount that was on it when you got in, the difference is the fare to which you then add the flag fall and you give the driver the total amount. May sound complicated but you learn very quickly it is not, and is very efficient .

The other taxis are the Stand Taxis located at Taxi stands through the city and are Cream color with a Green band around the middle and are full size cars. You phone the Stand Taxi Company number and the taxi comes where you said you wanted it to come. After getting in the taxi you tell the driver where you want to go, the meter already has the flag fall when it left the Taxi Stand to which then the meter adds the trip fare.

Of course being an efficient system from another country Thailand will NEVER accept it.

Same as Thailand will never accept because it has been suggested on several occasions for the major cities, Bangkok, Pattaya, Changmai, etc. "NO RIGHT TURNS AGAINST ONCOMING TRAFFIC". It sure would improve the movement of traffic in all Thai major cities but this also is used in foreign countries so it is taboo for Thailand.

And so Thailand will struggle along on its way never becoming a developed country.

LOL in LOS.

In China, most taxi drivers' seats are sealed and only a small square hole is provided for the driver to collect money and give change if any. This makes it very difficult or impossible for the driver to touch a passenger whether they are sitting in the front seat or back seats.

"The woman in the back of his orange cab, number 5960 was going from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to On Nut Soi 46 in the early hours of the morning."

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to protect driver's behavior, but...
What he should think about woman who takes taxi next to famous prostitution place early in the morning?

And second strange thing is those pictures. Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"? Or just allowed him touch her knee long enough to pull out phone and took some pictures?

We will never know what really was happened in that car...

This place gets worse and worse as each day passes.

Well, mary, this is just a consequence of the massive ability of the social network and ready to use media available today. I can assure you that this is not a "get worse..each day" occurrence. My wife of 18 yrs was propositioned by Thai taxi drivers a number of times when she was in her 20's and we lived on Asoke. (Heck, she was even prop'd by a customer service rep at our auto dealer). You throw in the time of day and where he picked her up, this wasn't the first time she's been prop'd. It was the first time she might have been ready with the phone camera :).

Good for her!!

Nice legs!

The old timers have said they would cherish when they could see a woman's ankles!

All she had to do is grab his hand and say, " no, stop the taxi and let me out!"

Are you a muslim Kabula?? That's the sort of attitude muslim men, and others who seek to oppress and denigrate women, have.

A muslim 'preacher' in Australia a couple of years back said that women who wore bikinis to the beach were asking to be raped, and therefore condoned it. He likened it to putting rotting meat outside, and the flies attacking it. The religion of peace......and enlightenment!!

Yours is a disgraceful attitude, and post, and you'd do yourself some credit if you withdrew it.

Edited by F4UCorsair

"The woman in the back of his orange cab, number 5960 was going from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to On Nut Soi 46 in the early hours of the morning."

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to protect driver's behavior, but...

What he should think about woman who takes taxi next to famous prostitution place early in the morning?

And second strange thing is those pictures. Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"? Or just allowed him touch her knee long enough to pull out phone and took some pictures?

We will never know what really was happened in that car...

You are doing a Prayuth" with reference to "bikini clad tourists" etc...

Regardless of what this woman was wearing (she could have been in her underwear) or where she embarked the taxi, under no circumstances did the taxi driver have the right to touch the woman's body.

Trying to cast aspersions on whether she was a prostitute, or the time of night and area she was in, is irrelevant and pointless.

The cab driver was 100% at fault. He should not be thinking of trying to seduce her.The fact that the woman caught his wayward hand on her camera is also of no relevance. People do it all the time in this day and age.;

The only way to stop this Maggot from driving and Groping

is to Lock him up ,,,Get Real Give a proper sentence,,,,,

I think that its a good thing we hear about these cases and that the police are actually doing something. 80% of the posters are bashing Thais again.

I call it a progress-.

The amounts of these fines are ridiculously low.

Somchai Simlee almost sounds like a Thai John Doe.

Not agree.....This Verdict is hard and driving license suspended for six months is absolutely existence-threatening. A high price for his crime, but justice.

The amounts of these fines are ridiculously low.

Somchai Simlee almost sounds like a Thai John Doe.

Not agree.....This Verdict is hard and driving license suspended for six months is absolutely existence-threatening. A high price for his crime, but justice.

WHAT? Hard sentence? He was already driving on an expired operations license! The guy is a complete dirtbag and should be suspended permanently. Did you miss the part where he offered drugs? But of course he wouldnt listen anyways

I am a farang, I have been here more than 12 years and I love Thailand and its people;

of course, like every other people in every country in this world, Thai people are not perfect, but generally speaking, they are much better than people in most other countries;

and I am fed up with all of you farangs always mucking and complaining about Thailand and its people

Well, if you do not like it here, just go back where you came from, we can do without so much complainers

Do you need money to get yourself on a boat back home?

I will vouch you for it for as long you promise to never come back

and good riddens

Edited by Seddy

Nice legs!

Your first comment says it all about you! By showing her "nice legs", she was "asking for it", then? By the way, for me to appreciate "nice legs" I would have to see more than a pair of knees and 3 or 4 inches of lower thigh! The world has had similar problems since a caveman dragged a woman into his cave by her hair, and if she "grabbed his hand" it could also be interpreted as "asking for it"! Get with it Kabula, or get back to your yashmaks and your world of deprivation!!

Edited by sambum