State.of.border.runs?

To A mod: I asked this in the border run alternatives quest but I'm afraid it doesn't get attention there so I ask again here.

Sorry if this has been answered but I went through the last pages and didn't find the answer.

How is the situation actually with border runs? Im German, arrived on a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for 30 days. Can I make a visa exempt entry at Poi Pet or Aranjapratheet at the moment with this (short) history? Thanks for answers.

To the typical flamer who thinks everyone who do this is a bad person, yes I will stay here with the right visa, soon. I will marry soon here and wait for a document needed by German embassy that my parents send by post. It has not arrived yet so I want to get 30 days more

Is there any rule whatever which says one is only allowed 4 visa exempt entries per year, or are certain I.O.'s exceeding their authority? I know it was talked about, but thought it was never enacted? Ubonjoe, please!

There is no written rule that states how many entries you can do.

They have a alert that comes up when your reach 6 of them. The intention of the alert is to inform the officer to check your previous entries to see if the are out/in visa runs and to see if you are attempting to live her on visa exempt entries.

I am curious to know if the 6 entries are counted for 1 yr since the first entry so they are re-set on january 1st.

I don't know the answer to your question. I have seen nor heard anything about when the 6 entries start and end.

Is there any rule whatever which says one is only allowed 4 visa exempt entries per year, or are certain I.O.'s exceeding their authority? I know it was talked about, but thought it was never enacted? Ubonjoe, please!

At a few Thai/Cambodian borders there is a 90 limit within a year. Elsewhere, there is no limit, it is at the discretion of the IO.

I just did a SETV at Vientiane with no issues. I've had more than 4, though I do use the guys outside the embassy to check first. Probably money for old rope, but it hasn't let me down yet, and isn't that expensive since I also get taxi service included as well as zero hassle queueing/haggling with taxi drivers etc (not that it's busy at this time of year). I do take an up to date Bank Book with me each time in case they question my ability to provide for self and not be a burden to them, though never been asked for it (I guess a letter from the bank would be better). As soon as there is a visa that I fit the category then I'll change it. Only consolation is Elite buys you out of it if they red stamp you on the way back in, but at least that gives you time to make alternative arrangements.

I guess I am a tourist in a sense, since I travel within Thailand to meet friends in different parts of the country, it's just that I've been that way for years, so I guess it depends on interpretation.

Edited by Shiver

I am curious to know if the 6 entries are counted for 1 yr since the first entry so they are re-set on january 1st.

I don't know the answer to your question. I have seen nor heard anything about when the 6 entries start and end.

I believe it is lifetime because my friend had 6 total including ones back to 2004 and the computer flagged him up after he was initially going to be let through.

• Like 1

I don't know how Thailand does it but my guess for what it is worth that the standard would be within any 12 month period.... it is the standard that most western countries that I have had experience with use.