Is it legal to sell online (ex Ebay) from Thailand?

Hi,

Since i don't know the laws here in Thailand I want to know if its legal to sell and ship item that I legally bought.

I have an ebay account and I wonder if I sell an item, collect the payment via Paypal, and ship the item from Thailand; I don't have

a work permit, only tourist visa

pls advise

thanks

My first question would:

is your Ebay account incorporating an Ebay Seller Store?

If so, it would be seen as possibly a business transaction (accruing stock for to sell later)

No I don't have a Seller Store, just a simple account

Sure you can....it's no different that people advertising private sales on many Thai websites. Heck you can even advertise/sell stuff on ThaiVisa under the Classified area.

ok thanks.

good to see you will be okay, as it's all being done at a personal buy/sell level

eBay is ever becoming more of interest to the taxman, so one never knows what other 'dept' might also try to put their finger into the pie, which may very well scare off the ininitated

but it is all just a game of 'Limits'

Recently there have been small business owners on Facebook change their business name to their personal name to reduce the risk of having taxes imposed on their business. So, currently there are many that have small businesses on PayPal and FB without having a valid Thai work permit, nor do they pay tax on the sales.