Late Night Bar Raids Continue. Eighteen Closed Down

webfact

Late Night Bar Raids Continue. Eighteen Closed Down
Story by Albert Jack

p5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 3am on the morning of June 29 the Governor of Chonburi, Komsom Ekachai, ordered the police to carry out raids on entertainment venues all over Pattaya City.

Thirty bars and clubs were targeted in Third Road, Naklua, Central & South Pattaya. Most of them were found to be selling alcohol after permitted hours, selling alcohol to people under twenty-years old and did not carry the proper permits.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226284/late-night-bar-raids-continue-eighteen-closed/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-29

When one looks at Thailand from the outside .. bars, prostitution and corruption springs to mind.Perhaps the Government should consider and ask itself, is the image that the country wants to portray to the world ?

Edited by useronthenet

For me it's the same old question - why does it take an order from the provincial governor to do a check?

Why aren't the police in their daily activities watching this and taking action - police heads should roll.

For me it's the same old question - why does it take an order from the provincial governor to do a check?

Why aren't the police in their daily activities watching this and taking action - police heads should roll.

If one was cynical, one might assume the Police are being paid NOT to check these venues ...

If one was cynical, one might assume the Police are being paid NOT to check these venues ...

Where do you think is the source of funds to buy the next promotion?

Why aren't the police in their daily activities watching this and taking ?

They are watching and taking!

Remember the government announcement of about a month ago about the Thai Army now being charge in Pattaya now. This is one of those times of the Army telling the governor to order these raids.The BIB will no doubt be a bit despondent upon loosing all those brow envelops from those 18 bars."Go Get Em Army"

Used to be similar in the UK when drinking times were a lot more strictly legislated. In the city I lived for a long time pubs and clubs could sell alcohol till 10.30 pm with 10 mins drinking up time allowed. Cross the boundary into the county and it was 11.00 pm again with 10 mins drinking up time.

Lot's of landlords permitted after hours drinking. Every so often, usually following some complaints. raids would be carried out for a period of time. Then slowly things would go back to how they were, more raids and so on.

I doubt money was being paid. More directing police time on other issues and not adopting zero tolerance as a police protocol.

Here, who knows. Different world.

You get them kids having fun coffee1.gif

Little buggers enjoying themselves, what an outrage facepalm.gif

Agreed they should just do away with underage drinking limits all together and serve alcohol around the clock..oh I nearly forgot, no drug testing allowed, its always easier to score when the dealers operate straight out of the club without any fear of them pesky army people rolleyes.gif

Edited by mcfish

When one looks at Thailand from the outside .. bars, prostitution and corruption springs to mind.Perhaps the Government should consider and ask itself, is the image that the country wants to portray to the world ?

I think they have considered.

Removing hookers and beer from Pattaya would add up to quite a bit of lost jobs and money.

Looks like business as usual.

Have things changed? Used to be, the prostitution, bars and non stop drinking is why people came here. Not a beach with condoms, trash and sewage in the water and a parade of people selling you crap. I am a resident and if I want to swim I go to Samet. Watch mysterious thais clean the beaches spotless every morning. No beach disturbances from vendors. When the wind blows in a certain direction you will get leaves in the water. Big deal.

The longer you stay in Pattaya the harder it is to find out why.

I think they have considered.

Removing hookers and beer from Pattaya would add up to quite a bit of lost jobs and money.

Looks like business as usual.

Plus many people who own condos, will sell & go elsewhere if they closed bars down completely.

If Western countries still functioned normally, Western men would have no reason to travel to Thailand for bars and prostitution.

I wanna watch the football.!!!

I seriously thought that the police would be happy knowing where everybody is rather than have illicit drinking on the streets

& purchasing alcohol from bootleggers. Who are the bootleggers ??? Oh, sorry

You get them kids having fun coffee1.gif

Little buggers enjoying themselves, what an outrage facepalm.gif

Agreed they should just do away with underage drinking limits all together and serve alcohol around the clock..oh I nearly forgot, no drug testing allowed, its always easier to score when the dealers operate straight out of the club without any fear of them pesky army people rolleyes.gif

Don't require a pub or club for what your on about, all goes on under peoples noses.

I can remember when i was a teenager, maybe some people on TV are just to old or never had fun when they were young.

If people on TV think the authorities care about young people in Thailand, they are wrong.

Anchorites only care about there own positions and money.

Its one of the negative sides of Thai culture. Me, Me, Me and more Me.

Go have fun kids, one day you will be old. wai2.gif

Used to be able to drink 24/7 in pattaya, much more fun then.

Edited by onemorechang

There is a new administration in town called the Army. the Thai government is starting to stamp out prostitution; after hour drinking; bars that do not pay taxes and the drug trade. It will only get worse. Every bar I am aware of wants to sell, but who would want to buy a business that is under siege by the government and has very few patrons. Most Western tourists will give Pattaya a miss and the Chinese don't go out drinking.

Many of the bars are owned or financed by policemen. Those that are not get paid off every month. These crackdowns are all part of the ongoing military versus police debacle. The problem is that eventually when the girls and boys can't find venues to sell their services then they go underground and things get even more corrupt and uncontrollable than now.

There is a new administration in town called the Army. the Thai government is starting to stamp out prostitution; after hour drinking; bars that do not pay taxes and the drug trade. It will only get worse. Every bar I am aware of wants to sell, but who would want to buy a business that is under siege by the government and has very few patrons. Most Western tourists will give Pattaya a miss and the Chinese don't go out drinking.

Aint gonna happen,.Its still single man and Russian family paradise (maybe exclude the brits soon wink.png )

Im guessing your talking about mum dad and 3 kiddies? they were always the Phuket and islands crowd

It's not an image... It's a permanent tattoo... And Lazer resistant. The only cure is amputation.

They need to come to Jomtien--particularly from Soi 5 to Soi 7--where numerous bars are open after legal hours every night.

I dont think rounding up the several 50 year old local farang alcoholics still going for it at 4am in 3 bars is going to happen anytime soon

They need to come to Jomtien--particularly from Soi 5 to Soi 7--where numerous bars are open after legal hours every night.

I dont think rounding up the several 50 year old local farang alcoholics still going for it at 4am in 3 bars is going to happen anytime soon

I would hope that they go after the bar owners and close them down for violating the law. They have become an extreme nuisance in residential areas, mainly due to the noise pollution they emit.