Late Night Bar Raids Continue. Eighteen Closed Down

webfact

They need to come to Jomtien--particularly from Soi 5 to Soi 7--where numerous bars are open after legal hours every night.

I dont think rounding up the several 50 year old local farang alcoholics still going for it at 4am in 3 bars is going to happen anytime soon

I would hope that they go after the bar owners and close them down for violating the law. They have become an extreme nuisance in residential areas, mainly due to the noise pollution they emit.

You could get a group together and make multiple complaints but you would really need an influential Thai or a straight cop and they are hard to find.

Don't require a pub or club for what your on about, all goes on under peoples noses.

I can remember when i was a teenager, maybe some people on TV are just to old or never had fun when they were young.

If people on TV think the authorities care about young people in Thailand, they are wrong.

Anchorites only care about there own positions and money.

Its one of the negative sides of Thai culture. Me, Me, Me and more Me.

Go have fun kids, one day you will be old. wai2.gif

Used to be able to drink 24/7 in pattaya, much more fun then.

Yeah pattaya was better back then, if asleep & woke up at 4am still could go out to a beer bar , drinking & get girls. They closed at 6am & news places opening at 8am hahaha. Lots cheaper beer to cause sold 200% more due to it being available. Pattaya should have a waiver & return to these ways!!! It will make more $$$ money is a no-brainer !!!

There is a new administration in town called the Army. the Thai government is starting to stamp out prostitution; after hour drinking; bars that do not pay taxes and the drug trade. It will only get worse. Every bar I am aware of wants to sell, but who would want to buy a business that is under siege by the government and has very few patrons. Most Western tourists will give Pattaya a miss and the Chinese don't go out drinking.

What evidence do you have that the government want to "stamp out" prostitution?

When one looks at Thailand from the outside .. bars, prostitution and corruption springs to mind.Perhaps the Government should consider and ask itself, is the image that the country wants to portray to the world ?

How exactly is the county portraying that image to the world?

Are you seeing advertising on television that I am not seeing?

Are internet travel ads popping up on Expedia highlighting gogo bars?

Since the Army took over Pattaya last week I'm thinking that the Police these bars have been paying all the time are no longer involved and aren't able to call to warn the bars of impending raids.

TIT (This Is Thailand)

Bye bye happy days ..time to find another place ..maybe Vietnam ?

laugh.png Please tell us where in Vietnam has anywhere even minutely resembling Pattaya ?

May as well go to Issan, just as boring and a lot closer lol

Edited by mcfish

When one looks at Thailand from the outside .. bars, prostitution and corruption springs to mind.Perhaps the Government should consider and ask itself, is the image that the country wants to portray to the world ?

If that's the case, then perchance One is reading Sleazy Publications, highlighting just a few areas in which Thailand, no doubt like your own country could lift its game.

Do you have Bars where YOU live, do you have Prostitution where YOU live and have you NEVER had a case of CORRUPTION where YOU live?

Perhaps you should tell us where you live and we can all come and have a look and learn how to create a totally unblemished Paradise?

One has to wonder why Puritans would take an interest in Thailand?

Its the reason i came

your honesty is much appreciated......thumbsup.gif

As for the raid.......smoke and mirrors!rolleyes.gif

Bye bye happy days ..time to find another place ..maybe Vietnam ?

laugh.png Please tell us where in Vietnam has anywhere even minutely resembling Pattaya ?

May as well go to Issan, just as boring and a lot closer lol

Don't know about Vietnam also but Cambodia or Philippines are both options in Asia. South America is great option..

Very easy ruining tourism business fast and being left with the <deleted> only.

Go ahead, take away the usual tourist's fun and reason why coming to this country... stone - age mentality in green.

I agree with you totally 1000%. I have been saying exactly the same for years now. The TAT don't help with their photos of bars in Pattaya and Bangkok. They really need to step up and sort the country as the image of Thailand is exactly what you said

For me it's the same old question - why does it take an order from the provincial governor to do a check?

Why aren't the police in their daily activities watching this and taking action - police heads should roll.

they own those bars, you silly smile.png

are these bars catering to the young Thais? asking as the story says selling to under-age (20 yo) patrons and i would think most foreigners would be over 20.

All the bars mentioned in the report are bars only frequented by Thais. Foreigners will not be inconvenienced by their closure. There's probably enough tea money floating around to keep most Farang style bars open.