Amazing Thailand - tourists get in on the hanging wire act

webfact

Amazing Thailand - tourists get in on the hanging wire act

s2nn.jpg

Image: Facebook/CH3

BANGKOK: -- Tourists in Koh Samui featured on the evening news as a Channel 3 crew went to the island to check on the state of the hanging wires at Chaweng.

"Take my picture",they called and told reporters that they had seen some bad hanging wires all over Thailand but Samui had to be the worst.

The film crew took a long video of the state of the electrics on the holiday island. Some locals were less enthusiastic than the tourists complaining about the danger of the wires especially in the rain and the fact that their pleas for something to be done were continually falling on deaf ears.

Interest in the wires has peaked this week after none other than Microsoft mogul Bill Gates posted a picture of some wires in Bangkok and commented about theft of electricity and poor internet capability in many countries including Thailand.

Online posters continued their comments about the issue. Some said that Channel 3 needn't have bothered going all the way to Samui - it is the same everywhere. Others wanted action to be taken to start to bury the unsightly wires underground.

Watch the video here: Facebook

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-30

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tangle he's pointing at, sort of, is like a granny knot on a shoelace compared to the real bird's nests that can be seen everywhere and that includes at my own front door.

If this licorice spaghetti is what they are proud to let everyone see, imagine the egregious dangers lurking out of sight.

But there is a simple explanation...no liability...because elites are the only ones that could be held liable if the Sakdina system of legislated inequality did not exist.

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

I really miss common sense...

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

Tourists are not guests. If I pay to visit somewhere, then I am entitled to complain if things are not right. I sometimes compliment too.

If things are wrong with my home country then I complain about that too, and do not risk arrest for voicing that opinion.

To be honest the wires are not much of a concern to me. As long as my power and internet are good you won't hear me complain. Recently they upgraded the electrical wires in the moo bahn on the outskirts of BKK where I live. It looks better now and if we are lucky it will also help against the occasional power outage.

In rich countries like Germany and the Netherlands they bury most of the power lines. We only have the real high power lines go through the landscape on huge towers and then go into the ground near villages.

Even the USA is not as advanced like Germany and the Netherlands so maybe we should mention that to Bill.

the last time on was on Koh Samui there was no electricity. There wasn't much of anything actually. No real roads, no airport, no shops, no hotels ......... Just Bamboo huts scattered among the treeline along the beach.

I always stayed at 'First Bungalow' Chaweng beach.

Yes, for those who may ask, It was 'Paradise' then.

Wouldn't waste my time today. Wires or no wires.

View of Chaweng Beach Xmas 84

post-84506-0-10104900-1467252743_thumb.j

WOW, bit grumpy this mornin, are we. In case you haven't noticed, this is a public forum. A vehicle for comment, positive & negative on any subject deemed appropriate by the mods.

If you continue to miss common sense, I'd suggest you improve your aim.

Cheers..... Mal.