Questions re the new questionaire at Jomtien immigration.

giddyup

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my 90 day report yesterday at Jomtien. No sign of the form. What was interesting though, before giving me my new slip, the officer was looking at pictures of farangs on a device hooked up to the computer. Took him about 5 minutes. Never happened to me before.

Did my 90 day report yesterday at Jomtien. No sign of the form. What was interesting though, before giving me my new slip, the officer was looking at pictures of farangs on a device hooked up to the computer. Took him about 5 minutes. Never happened to me before.

The webcam on a stalk? It's been in use for a long time. Amongst other things they use it to take a photo of the person receiving a passport after processing. Not sure why: presumably as a record that they gave the right passport to the right person.

Something like this:

R0100897-03.jpeg

The webcam on a stalk? It's been in use for a long time. Amongst other things they use it to take a photo of the person receiving a passport after processing. Not sure why: presumably as a record that they gave the right passport to the right person.

Something like this:

R0100897-03.jpeg

I think you misread my post. I said the officer was looking (not taking) at pics of farangs. It was not a webcam, I do know this stuff. It looked like a small tablet.

Did my 90 day report this morning was not asked to fill in this form...didn't see any of the 4 people in the 90 day queue in front of me hand over the form either.

I went last Friday to do my 12 month visa, then again Monday for the 90 day report, wasn't asked to complete that form on either days, so it seems it may have been disbanded.

I went today for my 90-day. I noticed a stack of completed info forms on the IO's desk. He told me to fill out the form and bring it next time, giving me a blank form photocopied on the other sides of another farang's 90-day report and copy of passport. He also put a blue receipt in my passport instead of the usual white (the bottom portion of my 90-day). I dunno if blue is the signal that "he was told to fill out the form" or just a new thing.

I went today for my 90-day. I noticed a stack of completed info forms on the IO's desk. He told me to fill out the form and bring it next time, giving me a blank form photocopied on the other sides of another farang's 90-day report and copy of passport. He also put a blue receipt in my passport instead of the usual white (the bottom portion of my 90-day). I dunno if blue is the signal that "he was told to fill out the form" or just a new thing.

As I said, I went Monday, no form and 90 day slip is white, same as before.

Got a blue slip this morning on 90 day report - no mention of the extra form. Did also notice the IO messing with a small tablet while he was waiting for the printer though it looked like facebook messenger.

As I said, I went Monday, no form and 90 day slip is white, same as before.

Yes you did, but Monday and Wednesday are 2 days apart. "what a difference a day makes".biggrin.png

checked my friend's form yesterday.

It's NOT an official Immigration form.

The famous 'eagle' is missing and it doesn't have a form number.

Most receivers of the form are being asked to bring the form next time, but they don't keep track of submitted forms.

I keep saying that it's most probably a survey from a university regarding the background of foreigners living in Thailand.

Maybe some 100,000 forms are involved in order to get a clear picture on the results.

I also got a blue 90 day report slip...with nothing on the other side ! but wasn't asked to fill in the form.

checked my friend's form yesterday.

It's NOT an official Immigration form.

The famous 'eagle' is missing and it doesn't have a form number.

Most receivers of the form are being asked to bring the form next time, but they don't keep track of submitted forms.

I keep saying that it's most probably a survey from a university regarding the background of foreigners living in Thailand.

Maybe some 100,000 forms are involved in order to get a clear picture on the results.

Why would you think immigration would be doing this for a university ?

They are not linked.

Maybe something to do with Sales and Marketing, for some company or companies.

Or just plan nosy, just reminding us of our place here. whistling.gif

Edited by onemorechang

I also got a blue 90 day report slip...with nothing on the other side ! but wasn't asked to fill in the form.

I think all the cool people are getting the blue slips now. If you're still getting a white one, consider changing your style.

On 7/30/2016 at 2:17 PM, JSixpack said:

I think all the cool people are getting the blue slips now. If you're still getting a white one, consider changing your style.

The blue slips are for "potential undesirables".

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, Orac said:

Got a blue slip this morning on 90 day report - no mention of the extra form. Did also notice the IO messing with a small tablet while he was waiting for the printer though it looked like facebook messenger.

Mark me down for a blue slip - that was last Tuesday (26th). I also spotted the IO messing about with her gizmo while the new slip was being printed. Probably getting a bit bored as this was around 10am so was a bit surprised there was only one guy ahead of me.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:06 PM, onemorechang said:

Why would you think immigration would be doing this for a university ?

They are not linked.

Maybe something to do with Sales and Marketing, for some company or companies.

Or just plan nosy, just reminding us of our place here. whistling.gif

A university, a company or any NGO.....it's about foreigners and the outcome of the survey will be interesting for Immigration and that's why I GUESS that Immigration is involved. 

17 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Who says so ,   you

If it was so,  they would just say so on the form or immigration would just say so.

GUESS your just GUESSING.

I go for just nosy information gathering :wai2:

You don't have to emphasize that I'm just GUESSING; that's why I wrote it in big print. Like everybody else (including immigration) I don't know what the purpose is of this action is. 

Information gathering....oh my........that's what it is. 

Get one more chang!

2 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

You don't have to emphasize that I'm just GUESSING; that's why I wrote it in big print. Like everybody else (including immigration) I don't know what the purpose is of this action is. 

Information gathering....oh my........that's what it is. 

Get one more chang!

No need to be rude. :passifier:

I go for nosy information gathering by immigration.

Not a university,

Edited by onemorechang

Hello

Went for 90 days on July 15 th, blue slip, no form to fill.. On the blue slip, they wrote in red that I had to extend my stay (OA) before october (which I actually knew already)

Is everybody getting a blue slip now or ?? (then maybe blue because I have to ask extension of stay ???)

Have a nice day