Overstay

sounds a bit strange, to say the least. 3 months wait for replacement of a lost passport? Sure you can get an emergency lese passe to be able to fly back home.

For some countries it can take that long or even longer to do a passport renewal according to posts I have read. So 3 months for a lost passport does not surprise me.

There are some countries that will issue emergency passports that allow you to travel to countries other than your home country.

Well obviously you have a letter from own Embassy telling you they cant issue a new passport for 3 months so pretty good mitigating I'd have thought......??

There are very few mitigating circumstances for having an over stay. Neither should there be. He's had nearly a year to get it sorted.

The Thai authorities have been far to lenient in the past and have created this problem for themselves. They should really start applying there new rules.

How fortunate for you that you are too loathsome to have a family.

• Like 1

First, listen to Joe. He is usually right about such matters.

If you really need to ship your stuff out with minimal paperwork, go in person to one of the courier company offices in the Pratunam area. They should be able to arrange a part container for you. The cost will be a little higher than dealing direct with the shipping companies, but a lot simpler. In that area, they are used to dealing with large shipments.

You do not mention your nationality, and the color of your skin. That will have a big bearing on whether you face a ban. regrettably, the rules are applied in a racist manner.

Do not delay further. Get this sorted out!

"... regrettably, the rules are applied in a racist manner."

It is regrettable if/when it actually happens, but it's hardly unique to Thailand. When immigration officers from UK. USA, European countries, Australia etc deal with people from Africa, Asia etc, do you think those people receive the same consideration given white travelers? Likewise if someone in India or Tanzania or Venezuela or the Philippines goes to an American or Australian or any European embassy to apply for a visa that they will get a visa with the same ease as someone with a pale complexion from a western country?

Since he mentioned his home is in Europe there's a fairly good chance that your warning of racism won't come into play and was just you seizing an opportunity to bash.

If the US didn't exist, would it make Thailand more or less racist?

Besides, I'm pretty sure that brown English people have no trouble getting into the US. You do know the difference between race and nationality right?

we looking everything no sign from the passports
my wife have a shop and people coming in & out and guess somebody stole them
we go to police station and report
i go to my embassy to get a new passport and they tell me i have to wait 3 months to get a new passport

If I read this correctly you've reported your passport to the Police and embassy as lost or stolen. If so, it will almost certainly be cancelled, and even though you have subsequently found it, you cannot travel on a cancelled passport.

If this is correct, you should contact your embassy to clarify.

(sorry about multiple quotes, system problem)

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

As mentioned you could be banned for one year. The rules are here:

Since the new rules started I have seen no reports of anybody being banned yet when leaving from an airport. You will have to pay a 20,000 baht overstay fine.

sound good

to risk ?

but if i get banned i stuck me there and my stuff here for 1 year ?

i already pay my apartment in advance for 1 year

but soon my contract will finish

my wife have to move after alone all my stuff in Chai Nat

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not sure if it would help for you to show up at the airport with your wife, marriage certificate, etc - to plea for leniency.

Perhaps have a travel-bag - plus take larger luggage packed for longer term. Check the weight-rules for your ticket - sometimes it is cheaper to "buy it again" than ship it or pay weight charges to the airline. If you don't get banned, your wife can bring the larger luggage back home.

If there are things here you will not need for a year, these could be put in storage. A tip to a taxi-driver will assure help for your wife moving the boxes.

Overstay clearance is done after check in and security. Not possible to do without checking in the baggage.

I have heard of people not being allowed to check in because of overstay, better he take carry on get an online boarding pass and avoid check inn altogether to be on the safe side. Leave the kingdom before the one year then get a new passport as he will not have time here , new visa then re enter.

I have heard of people not being allowed to check in because of overstay, better he take carry on get an online boarding pass and avoid check inn altogether to be on the safe side. Leave the kingdom before the one year then get a new passport as he will not have time here , new visa then re enter.

The only reports of somebody being denied check in for their flight was when they were flying to Vientiane on Lao Airways. They were told Lao immigration would not allow them to enter if they had an overstay.

I don't think you will be banned, mate. Yes, immigration has the ability to ban you, but I don't believe it's mandatory.

maybe your right

this is to hard for married people with children

my plan was to go in airport pay the fine 20k

fly in Cambodia,to get a new 3 months tourist visa

return in thailand

send all my stuff and go back home

but right now i will not risk a trip in Cambodia before i send my stuff home

or i have to find a way-company to send them without valid visa

Their is a Thaivisa agency on this website and you might be able to clear your overstay at Nongkai border and get a new visa. Savanakhet might give you a one year ME - O visa

Since the new rules started I have seen no reports of anybody being banned yet when leaving from an airport. You will have to pay a 20,000 baht overstay fine.

Could that be because people don't like to post about it?

• Like 2

This is Thailand:French guys,named Jean-Pierre,just clear his 2 years and 2 months overstay with the help of an agency:75.000 baht+20.000 for the overstay fine.You can buy even your freedom in this country.

We have these "agencies" here in Chiang Mai and I am sure they exist elsewhere. Looks like they will become big business in the future. Expansion is in the wind for sure. They will be one stop shopping for all your immigration problems. Another thriving small business to contribute to the success of the country. Congratulations Mr. P.

I not understand why some of you are so unpolite with overstay people.Is it a major crime?Is affect the stability of the society?Is affect your life?He is making your life worst?I know that is against the law,but i also understand that,when someone has little income,sometimes has to take a decision.I was in overstay 2 months,2 years ago,posted on tv about that and,in my case,i has to sort out:pay medical bill of my son or pay every month for my visa run.Even 500 baht was a huge amount for me which had to decided for him or not.Most of the overstayer are over age with family and,all of you,knoes that in Europe(as other countries in the worls)for an old age fellow is very hard to find even a 500 euros monthly job.

• Like 2

I not understand why some of you are so unpolite with overstay people.Is it a major crime?Is affect the stability of the society?Is affect your life?He is making your life worst?I know that is against the law,but i also understand that,when someone has little income,sometimes has to take a decision.I was in overstay 2 months,2 years ago,posted on tv about that and,in my case,i has to sort out:pay medical bill of my son or pay every month for my visa run.Even 500 baht was a huge amount for me which had to decided for him or not.Most of the overstayer are over age with family and,all of you,knoes that in Europe(as other countries in the worls)for an old age fellow is very hard to find even a 500 euros monthly job.

Over stay anywhere in this world, you will either be fined, and or banned for a few years.... Whats so hard to understand that ? We all know the rules.. My mate was banned three years in Australia, for a few month overstay, left a child and gf behind...

Over stay anywhere in this world, you will either be fined, and or banned for a few years.... Whats so hard to understand that ? We all know the rules.. My mate was banned three years in Australia, for a few month overstay, left a child and gf behind...

Anywhere in this world?Maybe,until you get caught,or depend on the softness of the Nation where you overstay.

And why your friend was banned?How old he was?

sounds a bit strange, to say the least. 3 months wait for replacement of a lost passport? Sure you can get an emergency lese passe to be able to fly back home.

Can be:some countries,if you have are not addressed here permanently,for issue a new passport takes from two to three months.

Edited by Ian1980

As stated by the Thai authorities and reiterated on this forum many times you see the rules and regulations posted once again.

However, it is up to the immigration officials to enforce those new laws and regulations while fortunately they are lenient and merciful while each case comes with its considerations.

So, go there with your wife and baby and explain everything to them and ask them for forgiveness as you will never know if you do not attempt to work something out.

There is a good chance they will admonish you and then FINE you rather than lay down the law to its full extent.

If that is not the case then you already know what "may" happen........according to the new immigration laws.

Cheers and good luck

Actually no in some European countries there's no fine or blacklisting at all.

This is Thailand:French guys,named Jean-Pierre,just clear his 2 years and 2 months overstay with the help of an agency:75.000 baht+20.000 for the overstay fine.You can buy even your freedom in this country.

We have these "agencies" here in Chiang Mai and I am sure they exist elsewhere. Looks like they will become big business in the future. Expansion is in the wind for sure. They will be one stop shopping for all your immigration problems. Another thriving small business to contribute to the success of the country. Congratulations Mr. P.

It has ALWAYS been that way in its many forms.

The government officials make the laws while the immigration officials are reluctant to enforce the laws unless commanded to and more or less forced to.

Meantime, the money to be made is spectacular for an immigration officer who realizes he or she is in a near perfect position to ignore the rules and regulations and capitalize on those rules and regulations and laws.

I told people this before: The new rules will simply increase the price to be paid to: Fix the problem.

This is how Thailand works in part and hey...when it suits you or saves you or fixes the problem....then no need to ask questions.

I am certain there is not one person on this forum that would turn down the opportunity to fix the problem rather than turn yourself into the immigration police and tell them to: Whack you with the full measure of the law ..Please arrest me ...Apply the full measure of laws on me....I want to see the inside of a prison...I am guilty.....Charge me

Just hypocritical to argue otherwise.

They want the agents to bring them more business.....They want those over stayers to come to them so they can fix the problem their way and we all know what their way is...so just accept the fact that the immigration authorities have, for the most part, been very lenient and merciful and cooperative as long as you cooperate with them while contributing to the immigration police...... charity fund

Cheers

• Like 2

They don't have to tell you that you are black listed when you leave. I've heard of people not knowing they are black listed until they come back. And I don't know if there is a way to find out if you are black listed.

They don't have to tell you that you are black listed when you leave. I've heard of people not knowing they are black listed until they come back. And I don't know if there is a way to find out if you are black listed.

I think if you are banned and or blacklisted they will issue a paper where this is stated plus the stamp in passport.If i remember a tv member posted the photos of this paper

Actually no in some European countries there's no fine or blacklisting at all.

Yes,you right...........

i dont understand why u must leave every three month ???? as far as i know and this was the case w me u need only report to immigration every three month not in and out thailand sure about that 100% this apply to the non immigrant a- o visa and if u wanna renew can do it inside thailand providing u can show sufficient funds maybe u misunderstood something with ur visa rules..and keep ur passport and all other important papers in a safe place this could be a bank fault as the best but good luck anyway

I don't think you will be banned, mate. Yes, immigration has the ability to ban you, but I don't believe it's mandatory.

maybe your right

this is to hard for married people with children

my plan was to go in airport pay the fine 20k

fly in Cambodia,to get a new 3 months tourist visa

return in thailand

send all my stuff and go back home

but right now i will not risk a trip in Cambodia before i send my stuff home

or i have to find a way-company to send them without valid visa

Can't you just have your belongings consigned by another person??

mate

i don't care if the blacklist me or not

this is up to them

i know i am guilty,

from my site i don't like to return again in Thailand

blacklisted or not

if they blacklist me i have a very good excuse not to return back smile.png

if my wife love me she will fallow me home

if not she never love or care for me,

in my country women fallow the man

and not man fallow the women

i did it that just for a short time and i will not continue that drama

ps:mihalis your Greek ?

i dont understand why u must leave every three month ???? as far as i know and this was the case w me u need only report to immigration every three month not in and out thailand sure about that 100% this apply to the non immigrant a- o visa and if u wanna renew can do it inside thailand providing u can show sufficient funds maybe u misunderstood something with ur visa rules..and keep ur passport and all other important papers in a safe place this could be a bank fault as the best but good luck anyway

i get my 1 year visa always from the Thai embassy in Cambodia

why ?

because i don't need to wait all day in a queue

and drag my family there with me because they wont to see them life

and is not enough to show them just the paperers or speak with phone

not lost passport

1 stolen passport is 3 months,

2 for lost passport or destroyed pass is faster i thing around 15-30 days

3 emergency passport is faster to get in just couple days

they have to investigate where is my passport

if this passport is found and returned somewhere

and if somebody use this passport to travel in EU or another country

they have also to add in the EU online database,

If I read this correctly you've reported your passport to the Police and embassy as lost or stolen. If so, it will almost certainly be cancelled, and even though you have subsequently found it, you cannot travel on a cancelled passport.

If this is correct, you should contact your embassy to clarify.

(sorry about multiple quotes, system problem)

i have report this only to the Thai police

about my embassy i just call them and they inform me

but i never give them the police-report

If you are married with a dependant child why are you on tourist visas rather than marriage?

i was 2 continues years with marriage visa

just this last time i need the tourist visa because i will not stay 1 year,

why to pay for 1 year if my plan is to stay only 1-2 months ?

thank you for that

very interesting tip thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard of people not being allowed to check in because of overstay, better he take carry on get an online boarding pass and avoid check inn altogether to be on the safe side. Leave the kingdom before the one year then get a new passport as he will not have time here , new visa then re enter <-----

How could you avoid check-in if you fly in from country outside?

1970- how did you get on btw?

• 6 months later...
On 2/7/2016 at 9:23 AM, mihalis said:

Probably a fine, hopefully not the same as if you were in Australia, banned for 3 years !

yes this exactly happen

+ one small red stamp banned for 3 years

but no problem

i will have more money now in my country and no need all this visa runs etc.

and i sent all my staff back home

If the overstay was less than 1 year then did you query why you were banned for three years? That does not seem to be in line with the regulations. Are you certain that you have in fact been banned or that the numeral 3 might refer to some other matter rather than the length of the ban?