PM warns he may publicly announce names of escaping wrongdoers who harm the country

rooster59

Reconciliation has it's limits I suppose. I agree with him on this one.

Reconciliation? What reconciliation??

that is a Thaksin buz word, let me interpret it for you "amnesty"

Ultimately all sides will have to agree points they feel profoundly uncomfortable with.In other words there will have to be a serious negotiation before reconciliation is possible.This may certainly involve 'putting on one side' some serious crimes committed by several highly placed people including members of the present government.Only a fool or a bigot in my view would claim Thaksin was the main or only protagonist - but I agree that's a subjective opinion.

In any case most Thais have moved beyond the boogeyman though as we have seen those in power (devoid of any legitimacy, morality or competence) need to keep the boogeyman alive.

some of them escaped for ridiculous reasons.

Here are some of the reasons:

some of them escaped with the tacit knowledge of the government, some of them escaped with the explicit help from the government, some of them escaped because government agencies are inept/lazy/sleeping/distracted/drunk and mostly not motivated enough.

I agree, these are ridiculous reasons.

And at least one of them escaped because his investigations into human trafficking went too far up the security forces ladder and he was receiving credible death threats.

There is also someone who keeps leaving the country to give speeches at organisations like the UN which do little credit to the organisation he works for and harms the country's image in the eyes of the world - but unfortunately he keeps coming back!

Ultimately all sides will have to agree points they feel profoundly uncomfortable with.In other words there will have to be a serious negotiation before reconciliation is possible.This may certainly involve 'putting on one side' some serious crimes committed by several highly placed people including members of the present government.Only a fool or a bigot in my view would claim Thaksin was the main or only protagonist - but I agree that's a subjective opinion.

In any case most Thais have moved beyond the boogeyman though as we have seen those in power (devoid of any legitimacy, morality or competence) need to keep the boogeyman alive.

Indeed. The junta needs the bogeyman in Dubai as an excuse to legitimize their rule. I believe most Thais have long since realized that this "excuse" is pure BS.

Apparently, a few confused TV posters haven't.

Sad, really.

good post, remember though that Thaksin wants sides, he wants division, he wants reds yellows bowls flags shirts fingers monks etc, because when you have sides then you have the potential for conflict that he can manipulate using his money.

Thaksin's primary goal is to create and maintain sides, ironic that currently (and a point I keep mentioning) there are no clear sides, there are Thaksins redshirt funded thugs and then the rest of the Thai people who don't want sides - they just want peace and to move on - no guns grenades assault rifles blackshirts bowls flags fingers signs posters - no more conflict, Thaksin is trying very hard to create them sides but so far is failing

Dem der fighting words. Seize their passports bring them back in chains and try them and put them in a jail cell. There would be no one left to vilify. Politicians always need verbal whipping boys for distraction from the real problems. Thaksin in jail here would definitely not sit well.

"... in order to find a solution to the country’s problems but with one condition that they must not “help a wrongdoer who defied the law”.

Agreed.

Be sure to apply that philosophy to the Un-elected P.M. and junta leader of an illegal coup.

Making a coup against the state is a crime. So Dear general, you are the very first wrong doer .I don't see any crime bigger than that one.

and how many people have died ? correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is a very big fat "0"

Well one thing is for sure Smedley, you won't ever know.

The reason for that is because extra judicial killings are never publicised, so if you are hoping to see a tally of murders carried out extra judiciously on the news at 6pm, forget it!

you'll have to did a bit deeper but... ah why bother, you don't want to know do you?

said that he believed these fugitives would never return to Thailand

Anybody care to explain him that if that is really the case, calling them out and shaming them will have negative 0 effect on them?

Besides, he's just warning, not like he'll actually do something about it because the most obvious one he won't be able to name.

Making a coup against the state is a crime. So Dear general, you are the very first wrong doer .I don't see any crime bigger than that one.

and how many people have died ? correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is a very big fat "0"

Well one thing is for sure Smedley, you won't ever know.

The reason for that is because extra judicial killings are never publicised, so if you are hoping to see a tally of murders carried out extra judiciously on the news at 6pm, forget it!

you'll have to did a bit deeper but... ah why bother, you don't want to know do you?

There has been also people hanging themselves or dying from infection in military prison....:)

Treason is a crime whether or not it results in the death of someone. It's probably the worst non-killing crime there is. Arbitrary conditions put on it because one happens to like the perpetrator. don't count for very much in an intelligent conversation.

Prayuth bears the responsibility for the deaths of numerous unarmed Thais in 2010. That debt has yet to be paid, such is the corruption of judicial process in Thailand.

But it will be.

Winnie

Thaksin is here being presented as a kind of Professor Moriarty figure (in the Sherlock Holmes stories) - the Napoleon of crime, the malevolent devil behind every significant malfeasance perpetrated in the world. Just one thing to remember: the Sherlock Holmes stories and the boundless evil of diabolical Professor Moriarty himself are - pure fiction!

If only Prayut listened to himself:

"I am sick of seeing my face on television."

Serach TV for article titled Prayut Threatens to Stay at Helm.

I would imagine he is sick of being on TV himself, I very much doubt this was his dream retirement from his extremely lucrative previous post.

But he has no choice, he was told to stage a coup, he staged a coup, he's told to become PM, he becomes PM, he's no Politician that blatantly obvious, but he has to do what he's told or he'll be open to investigation into his own massive wealth and how he came by it, everybody knows how he came by it, same as all the Generals amass unusual wealth, the people who really run the country have got him over a barrel, he's just doing what he's told to do, he has no alternative.

If only Prayut listened to himself:

"I am sick of seeing my face on television."

Serach TV for article titled Prayut Threatens to Stay at Helm.

I would imagine he is sick of being on TV himself, I very much doubt this was his dream retirement from his extremely lucrative previous post.

But he has no choice, he was told to stage a coup, he staged a coup, he's told to become PM, he becomes PM, he's no Politician that blatantly obvious, but he has to do what he's told or he'll be open to investigation into his own massive wealth and how he came by it, everybody knows how he came by it, same as all the Generals amass unusual wealth, the people who really run the country have got him over a barrel, he's just doing what he's told to do, he has no alternative.

Aww, poor Prayuth, forced to drink the best wine and eat the very best food. Forced to travel the world, stay at 5 star hotels, forced to be waited on hand and foot. He is an ogre. A bully. The sooner he is replaced by anyone else the better. Is he all there? I wonder if he suffers from a psychotic illness? No man can be this serious and strict. One day his ego bubble will pop and he'll realise he is a nasty old man that needs to lighten up.

Thaksin is here being presented as a kind of Professor Moriarty figure (in the Sherlock Holmes stories) - the Napoleon of crime, the malevolent devil behind every significant malfeasance perpetrated in the world. Just one thing to remember: the Sherlock Holmes stories and the boundless evil of diabolical Professor Moriarty himself are - pure fiction!

Emmanuel Goldstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The reader may surmise that a political opposition to Big Brother — namely, Goldstein — was psychologically necessary in order to distract, unite and focus the anger of the people of Oceania. Ostensibly, Goldstein serves as a convenient scapegoat for the totalitarian regime in Nineteen Eighty-Four, and justifies its surveillance and elimination of civil liberties."

"Goldstein is always the subject of the "Two Minutes Hate", a daily program beginning at 11:00 a.m. at which an image of Goldstein is shown on the telescreen and subjected to extreme contempt."

Strange that The Great Defender has banned the book, when he seems to be using it as an Operations Manual.

Edited by Enoon