Teen who fell to his death from fifth-floor balcony in Thailand will never be forgotten say pals in

rooster59

Teen who fell to his death from fifth-floor balcony in Thailand will never be forgotten say pals in emotional tributes

Emotional tributes have been paid to a tragic teen who suffered serious injuries after he fell from a fifth-floor balcony in Thailand.

Jehovah's Witness Jules Farrelly, 17, was rushed to hospital after falling from the building in Bangkok but passed away from his injuries two days later.

Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fall and interviewed the condominium owner Chakon Ratsami-Fueangfu who, according to local reports, said Mr Farrelly lived there with his sister and her husband.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teen-who-fell-death-fifth-8331713

Mirror;- 2016-07-02

Another one ! RIP young lad, balconies in Thailand are getting

nearly as dangerous as the roads,surely they need to make a

law,where all new builds have much higher rails.

regards worgeordie

The police announced they found ketamine at the apartment.

Friends of the deceased on social networks say the police just assumed a powder was ketamine when it was electrolyte powder.

As the above poster stated, "Who to believe?"

It should be noted that one of the effects of ketamine is disruption and alteration of co-ordination and spatial perception. It becomes difficult to judge how near or far objects are and how to co-ordinate movements. So, for example, a simple exercise like stepping over a cardboard box which would be achieved every time when not intoxicated, is not achieved successfully when a drug user is under the effect of ketamine. Another example might be leaning on a balcony railing.

Being a Jehovas Witness might be relevant if he refused blood transfusions in the hospital.

If that was the case, it would be much more relevant if they actually stated that. Don't you think? Of course, this being Thai journalism.....

Was he here in Thailand doing religious work with Jehovah's Witness? coffee1.gif

Would that justify his death in your view?

Of course not.

It's a very tragic death regardless of the controversy of the circumstances (the question about ketamine).

I was just curious about what grounds this tragically deceased boy and his sister were living in Thailand.

Yes I used to see a lot of J.Ws when I was prison visiting in BKK... they would mostly be visiting the Nigerians who would immediately convert & (I thought) unscrupulous use them for running errands passing messages getting food parcels etc. Their missionaries (as they called themselves ) were quite well taken care of, I take it that was probably what his sister & husband were living in a high rise etc---- he was a bit young for that................coffee1.gif

British people do not seem to have many balconies ------ I don't know if that's relevant or not to this, they have high rise buildings, but because of the weather most of building (if they do have them) are glazed in.

Jehovah's Witnesses must think they're the only people in the world who don't suffer from Tourette's Syndrome.

Edited by oxo1947

Was he here in Thailand doing religious work with Jehovah's Witness? coffee1.gif

According to the original news article published in the week of this accident, he came here to explore the effects of alcohol and met-amphetemines....

Whatever your religion, if you are hooked on a combination like that, the outcome's seldom a good one....

A sad and tragic loss of a young life.

I have lived in two houses with balconies that I used and of course, I've stayed in hotels with balconies. The balconies are really not built very high and it easy to fall if leaning over. Thais are shorter than most Westerners, so I am assuming balconies were built more to accommodate that stature. Thais are now getting taller, so I am a little surprised we don't see more of them falling.

Well here goes.

I am sure that some people fall and some are pushed.

Have any of the other long timers here kept count or averaged it out. I would not surprise me if it was as many as one a week, and, if so, does anyone ever wonder if there is not a racket that has been going on forever?

I have seen some stuff in my time here and it would not amaze me in the slightest.

A Jehovah's Witness? Here in Buddhist Thailand? Why is that relevent to his death? Was he here on a bible thumping 'mission'?

who knows? ....burp.gif to much from something perhaps? but i saw many Jehovah's Witness in thailand in this buddhist land and like every where else in the world ....they are not quiet 100% in their head.because to be in a sect or a Jehovah's Witness it is impossible to be 100%.....at least to me..!drunk.gif

Edited by VINCENT2012

Most western countries do not report suspected suicides (to prevent copy cats) and I think it just appears worse in Thailand. I understand that in most larger cities in Australia (Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast, Perth) there is at least one suicide a week (in each city) from jumping. About half of these are from high rise buildings, the other half from cliffs, bridges and the like. I think public access to a high rise roof, or other high rise open areas, is difficult in western countries for this very reason.

I always have had vertigo, I am convince the railings on most Thai balconies are very low that is to say too low as far as minimum security is concerned.

Not long ago I was in a Hotel in Nakhon Si Thammarat my room was on the sixth floor, the lower part of the window was well lower than my navel, maybe 20 centimeters, I am not tall, I had never seen that in any European countries. I could hardly go nearer one meter from those closed windows, I do not want to imagine once open if someone would have been drinkinga little too much facepalm.gif

Friends of the deceased on social networks say the police just assumed a powder was ketamine when it was electrolyte powder.

It should be noted that one of the effects of ketamine is disruption and alteration of co-ordination and spatial perception. It becomes difficult to judge how near or far objects are and how to co-ordinate movements. So, for example, a simple exercise like stepping over a cardboard box which would be achieved every time when not intoxicated, is not achieved successfully when a drug user is under the effect of ketamine. Another example might be leaning on a balcony railing.

Before you google stuff, read what is written.

Before you google stuff, read what is written.

Noted, but we don't really know, do we?

What the hell has that got to do with it????

His affiliation with JW is featured in the news stories. Did that answer your question? I was curious what a boy from Northern Ireland was doing LIVING in Thailand. That sounds a bit unusual and wondered if the reason was related to JW. Any other questions?