Turkey: citizenship for Syrian refugees?

webfact

Turkey: citizenship for Syrian refugees?

606x341_337474.jpg

"I would say to my brothers coming from Syria that we see you as our brothers and sisters"

ANKARA: -- Turkey’s president has hinted that Syrian refugees in the country could be offered citizenship.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been speaking at a dinner breaking the Ramadan fast in the border city of Kilis, where the number of refugees is higher than the local Turkish population.

“I would say to my brothers coming from Syria that we see you as our brothers and sisters,” Erdogan told the crowd.

“If you see us as your brothers too, then you are not far away from your country, you are just away from your houses. Turkey is your country too.”

Meanwhile, the hashtag #ÜlkemdeSuriyeliİstemiyorum, which means “I don’t want Syrians in my country” has been trending on social media.

Erdogan recently described Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as a “more advanced terrorist” than ISIL – blaming him for the country’s war.

Around 2.7 million Syrian refugees are believed to be in Turkey.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-04

Yes read this before. so when Turkey joins the EU, probably sooner rather than later, I hope all those posters who were screaming about the false accusations that the Brexit campaign claimed, can hold there heads in shame. A simple statement of 'I was wrong and believed what the remain told me', would do.

I always wondered why the UAE and Saudi Arabia didn't take in their own and brothers. Well if you have lived there you will know why. They treat other Arabs like dogs.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

This must be one of the most bitter comments today. Spreading brotherly love is clearly not your forte.

Yes read this before. so when Turkey joins the EU, probably sooner rather than later, I hope all those posters who were screaming about the false accusations that the Brexit campaign claimed, can hold there heads in shame. A simple statement of 'I was wrong and believed what the remain told me', would do.

I always wondered why the UAE and Saudi Arabia didn't take in their own and brothers. Well if you have lived there you will know why. They treat other Arabs like dogs.

So Merkel cut a deal with Turkey that they would stop refugees from crossing their border into Greece and they would also accept Syrian refugees returned to them from Greece in return for visa free travel within the EU for Turkish citizens.

Turkey now says they are thinking of making the refugees Turkish citizens, thus allowing them free travel anywhere within the EU.

The Turks must be pissing themselves laughing now.