Farage quits as UKIP Leader

Bye bye!

Thank you ,you earned your cash, you did what it said on the tin

Well he hasn't has he.

He made promises that he knows cannot be met.

He's created chaos and done a runner.

Britain is still subject to EU regulations and will remain so if Britain wants tariff free access to EU markets.

Britain is still subject to EU laws and will remain so if Britain wants tariff free access to EU markets.

Britain is still subject to EU rules on the free movement of people and will remain so if Britain wants tariff free access to EU markets.

Britain is still paying for the EU and will continue to do so if Britain wants tariff free access to EU markets.

The only certainty on the horizon is that IF Britain signs EU article 50, Britain will enter into negations in which little if anything will change other than Britain will lose any say in on going EU laws and regulations and will lose the veto Britain currently has on EU laws and regulations.

In short - Brexit will deliver the EU that Farage, Gove, Smith and Johnson told us we need to escape - an EU that issues regulations and laws we can't control, that we are subject to and have to pay for.

Farage must be sitting at home laughing like a drain - he's sold the whole nation a bright and shining lie.

Good riddance to the odious little turd.

He has done his bit to wreck the economy.

And make us a laughing stock.

I hope he is happy.

Actually the FTSE 100 is trading at levels higher than 2012 & 2013 and is currently averaging out similar to 2014...this doesnt suggest a wrecked economy in the least...the Brexit jitters are over and markets are normalising...but lets not let the facts get in the way of the remainers hysteria

I hope he is happy.

He has certainly made me happy.

Sterling performance Nigel.

You perhaps should not have mentioned 'Sterling'.

I hope he is happy.

Actually the FTSE 100 is trading at levels higher than 2012 & 2013 and is currently averaging out similar to 2014...this doesnt suggest a wrecked economy in the least...the Brexit jitters are over and markets are normalising...but lets not let the facts get in the way of the remainers hysteria

You must have omitted to look at the forex markets then.

I hope he is happy.

He was a brilliant politician.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

He was nothing more than an opportunist racist and an embarrassment to Britain.

I hope he is happy.

For example the GBP/Thb rate is at rates comprable to 2013..forex markets go up and they go down...so you are suggesting Farage had a hand in the dips in 2013 then ?

I hope he is happy.

He was a brilliant politician.

He was nothing more than an opportunist racist and an embarrassment to Britain.

I think You're hoodwinked by the mass media that told you to believe what they want you to believe.

Pointing fingers and saying racist is the refuge of imbeciles.

I hope he is happy.

You wouldn't know the difference between "wrecked" and a temporary blip if it bit you on the ass,

7% down is a temporary blip and will recover.

He may be an annoying little pip-squeak but he's neither an embarrassment nor a racist. The bullingdon club needed up-ending and that is exactly what he's done.

Hats off to him, regardless of what it may cost in the long run.

He may be an annoying little pip-squeak but he's neither an embarrassment nor a racist. The bullingdon club needed up-ending and that is exactly what he's done.

Hats off to him, regardless of what it may cost in the long run.

The funny thing is, the anti-democratic facist remainers are calling people names, pots and kettles come to mind

You wouldn't know the difference between "wrecked" and a temporary blip if it bit you on the ass,

7% down is a temporary blip and will recover.

This morning's news from Asia suggests otherwise ...

"The pound has hit a new low in Asian trading as concerns about the UK's vote to leave the European Union continue to weigh on investor confidence.

It touched $1.2961 against the dollar on Wednesday, a fresh 31-year low."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36721016

And xe.com shows the midpoint at 1.28744 against the dollar, as I type, that's more like 15% down compared to 1.52 pre-referendum, which makes it quite a "temporary blip" ! sad.png

I hope he is happy.

The facts are the FTSE 100 is top heavy with multinational companies whose income is largely in US dollars. With the pound down 10% or so their profits will be higher. Basically higher profits for zero effort. A poor example to use to suggest normalisation.

I hope he is happy.

For example the GBP/Thb rate is at rates comprable to 2013..forex markets go up and they go down...so you are suggesting Farage had a hand in the dips in 2013 then ?

Early 2013 was a period of strength for the THB, it was up against most currencies.

Early - Mid 2016 is a period of weakness for the GBP (due firstly to uncertainty regarding Brexit, and then due to the the leave result), it is down against most (well, ALL from what I've seen so far) currencies.

You're comparing oranges and apples.

GBP has been down against most currencies all year, and has just plunged further. As another poster said, 1.50 is the rate to consider we've dropped from, since this was the rate before uncertainty hit, and was also the rate GBP returned to the night of the vote when all indicators said the result would be stay.

100/1.5*1.29 === 15%

Call 15% (or even 7%) and a 31 year low a 'temporary blip' if you like, seems rather delusional to me. Certainly glad my money's out of GBP.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Farage is a hero he campaigned hard and lead us to victory after a very long tiresome battle with the communists. Good luck Nigel and thank you for saving Britain.

Quote "Your not laughing now are you"....priceless!

The UK is still in the EU. And actually most MEPs were laughing at his ridiculous speech.

Bye bye!

Farage must be sitting at home laughing like a drain - he's sold the whole nation a bright and shining lie.

No................ I think you are confusing him with David Cameron.

Thankfully, the majority of voters didn't buy Cameron's lies and scaremongering.

Bye bye!

No................ I think you are confusing him with David Cameron.

Thankfully, the majority of voters didn't buy Cameron's lies and scaremongering.

No lies from Farage, Gove, Leadsom, Boris the clown then?

They have so much money that they don't care one jot about the normal people.

It wont affect them.

Farage, Johnson and Gove will probably come to be the most hated names in UK politics within the next couple of years. They have done more damage to the country than Scargill, Red Robbo and Osma Bin-Laden combined. Farage is a complete embarrassment to all that is British, but never mind, Nigel will still be drawing his EU salary and expenses, and swanning around Kent in his Bentley Mulsanne (millionaire 'man of the people' that he is). Last Sunday he was at a garden party given by a billionaire Russian oligarch - with his mates Rupert Murdoch and Boris. They must have been having a good laugh at how they managed to con all those working-class chumps into voting to leave. Sadly none of them are likely to experience much economic hardship over the coming years, unlike the chumps that voted for them. Murdoch has long wanted the UK out of the EU and had both Boris and Farage in his pocket (they were both at Murdoch's wedding, along with Gove of course...). I guess once we spit away from the EU then Murdoch will be able to exert even more influence over UK media and politics - no nasty EU regulations to get in the way of his ambitions.

I can do no worse than paste the following quotes, which sum up Farage:

"The circus act Farage put on in the EU Parliament was for the benefit of his UK followers, but it was seen around the world including by people making important business and investment decisions. Never mind that those sat around him ('who have never done a proper job in their lives') included an army general, a molecular biologist, a heart surgeon, a couple of economics professors, a computer scientist who founded a big IT company......."

"At the end of the day Farage is the millionaire son of a stockbroker, educated at a top-ten private school, with an immigrant ex-wife and an immigrant wife. He's never really had a 'proper job' (worked as a commodities trader and then politician for the last 17 years - bankrolled by wealthy businessmen and the taxpayer). Member of the East India Club. With this background he rages against immigrants, 'the establishment' and politicians."