Check Inn 99 lands bigger, better home (with rooftop)

webfact

Check Inn 99 lands bigger, better home (with rooftop)

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

13516359_1280395431972396_48888293370178
Photo: Chris Catto-Smith / Courtesy

BANGKOK — After staging a series of farewell parties last week and checking out from its 59-year venue, one of Bangkok’s oldest nightclubs will reopen not so far away with upgraded facilities.

Check Inn 99 will reopen Sunday in its new home in a basement on Soi Sukhumvit 24, according to owner Chris Catto-Smith. After he was given a month’s eviction notice from his previous landlord, Catto-Smith said he had no luck finding a new facility until a former owner, Bent Peter Laasholdt, jumped in with a suggestion.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/nightlife/2016/07/05/check-inn-99-lands-bigger-better-home-rooftop/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-05

You can move a business away, but you can't move the atmosphere, charm,the feel of familiarity

and the je ne ce quoi of the old place, but for all time sakes, will defiantly pop in for a visit......

It ain't that far Sumo and with the demise of Jools serious drinkers will be looking for a new home, leaving Nana to the gormless ones and their wife-beater shirts and Bobby Charlton haircuts.

It ain't that far Sumo and with the demise of Jools serious drinkers will be looking for a new home, leaving Nana to the gormless ones and their wife-beater shirts and Bobby Charlton haircuts.

You realise that "serious" drinkers can get served pretty much anywhere, right?

"Jool's"?? Demise???

Say it isn't so.

You can move a business away, but you can't move the atmosphere, charm,the feel of familiarity

and the je ne ce quoi of the old place, but for all time sakes, will defiantly pop in for a visit......

The people make the atmosphere to a large extent, the old place was a bit of a dump, it had just been there a long time. If it's got the same staff and same food and prices it should still do well

Good luck To Mook ,Chris and the team from The old 99...

All we need is the address for the new venue so we can call in and lend a hand getting it up and running again !

As for the previous land lord,words fail me except to say you are a greedy little moron .

I hope your ears turn into A/holes and defecate all over your shoulders !

Enough said ...

Big Alan

I hope it works out. Woodstock never made it when they moved from 2nd floor of Nana to the Thong lor area....That was awhile ago so if the word is out. Social Media and all it could work.....Fingers crossed for them.

Can't see the Nana pissheads and cruise ship entertainment fans going all the way down there

get a free bus number 2 from just outside the old place up the road rolleyes.gif

Free bus??

I suppose one needs to save all one's pennies for the happy hour shandy

I hope it works out. Woodstock never made it when they moved from 2nd floor of Nana to the Thong lor area....That was awhile ago so if the word is out. Social Media and all it could work.....Fingers crossed for them.

In reverse: If a bar from Thong Lor moved to the 2nd floor of Nana I don't think it would work out either.

Completely different markets, like mixing oil and water.

Funny that the article never mentions the name of the building at the new location, just the Admiralty bar. The attached map says the Oakwood Residence. Much different demographic on Soi 24 from soi 4.

Obviously someone else tried the new location and it didn't work for them. Wish them luck, but it's a complete change of brand.

TH

• 1 year later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your pedantic post, lost track of the thread.

Make that serious boozers then, people who enjoy a session in the company of  like-minded others. If you ever went to Jools you will understand.

Of course serious drinkers will be just as happy putting Chang and Blend away on their own staring at their own four walls so I sort of accept that you may have a point.

Soi 33 now? Must gve it a go, any feedback??

Edited by rott

They had their grand opening a few days ago.

I was there a week before, as they kind of had a soft "shake down" period before opening day.

Huge space, and it seems already very nice.

Will without a doubt spend time there at next Bangkok trip.