can you be an Arthur Daley -type character here in Thailand?

I’m quite intrigued by the actions of another foreigner living in the same building as me who has just decided he thinks he can be an Arthur Daley -type character here in Thailand and simply trade second-hand cars privately at about one monthly intervals he says.

He has just bought his first car which is a Mitsubishi Pajero with about 70,000 km on the clock for about 550,000 thb. He feels confident he will be able to resell it after about a month and make a profit of about 100,000 thb ?

I’m quite astonished that he would even think that there are enough people out there in the market for that kind of vehicle to be able to bank on selling it at a profit it after a month. Are there any other foreigners likely to be doing this kind of thing to make an extra buck?

He's going to need a Thai to transfer the car to before he can sell it again, that's where the Thai Arthur Daley disappears with the motor in his name.

How so? Why would it have to funnel through a Thai....

Just looked at a "well known" expat site and they have a Mitsu Pajero for 650,000 but it only has 35,000 kms.

If the guy has done it before in his own country he can probably do the same here. If I tried i would just lose money whistling.gif not easy!