Proposed Phuket light rail delayed yet again

webfact

Proposed light rail delayed yet again
Phuket Gazette

lr.jpeg
A conceptual graphic of the light rail system. Photo: OTPP

PHUKET: -- Phuket’s multi-billion-baht light rail project is being given another month to revise its plans yet again.

Planners are revising arrangements that would ensure the safety of motorists using roads running alongside the proposed track routes and the airport’s connecting train station.

The Ministry of Transport has requested that the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTPP) modify the numerous road crossings planned along the route between Phuket International Airport and Phuket Town, in order to reduce the possibility of accidents at intersections.

“I, along with other officials from the the Highways Department, met with Ministry of Transport Deputy Permanent Secretary Peraphon Thawornsupacharoen yesterday to discuss the drawing plans,” Sirigate Apirat, project manager and OTPP secretary, told the Phuket Gazette.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Proposed-light-rail-delayed-yet-again/64176?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-07-06

I am not holding my breath, as I see 2 possible things happening (or a combination of both):

1. this will be delayed so long till everybody has forgotten about it. The taxi mob has no profit to be made here so they will block it with all effort.

2. the route chosen will lead to nowhere to make sure it will not be a success and the taxi mob will lose out on income.

Phuket is the second richest province, but has in comparison highly inadequate infrastructure to meet the demands of today.

Maybe they can see where things are going , it's more about the demands of tomorrow I would say.

Not enough money in the coffers, expect more government enforcement's wink.png

I am not holding my breath, as I see 2 possible things happening (or a combination of both):

1. this will be delayed so long till everybody has forgotten about it. The taxi mob has no profit to be made here so they will block it with all effort.

2. the route chosen will lead to nowhere to make sure it will not be a success and the taxi mob will lose out on income.

Option 3: it was never going to be built in the first place.