My Retirement extension at immigration yesterday

naammanow

Went yesterday, Tuesday, at 10 AM in order to renew retirement extension. Was handed No 12 and told to come back at one. At 1 PM No 11 was called and I was seen at 1.30. Was processed and the officer asked what about my 90 days? I told him I would come back for that the next day. However, he would not hear of it and did it there and then, bypassing the queue. Was out before 2 PM. Today picked up passport in the morning, extension and 90 days completed! Highly competent and cheerful officer, a true gentleman, a nice chat about Chiang Mai and our families, all in all an exceptional experience. Credit to him and the Immigration staff!

No need for early line-ups in the dark.

Your 90 days? I suspect you mean the 're-entry' stamp coz why would you need a 90 day if just obtained extension?

But, i have never before heard of such a thing and could be mistaken.

you are indeed mistaken because renewing the extension can coincide with the due date of a 90 days report.

Your 90 days? I suspect you mean the 're-entry' stamp coz why would you need a 90 day if just obtained extension?

But, i have never before heard of such a thing and could be mistaken.

Renewal of "retirement" visa and 90 day reports are completely seperate.

But good news on the ticket situation, second such report in a few days, anymore?

Do you mean to say that the retirement extension does not 'reset' the Immig clock to zero? When i depart T'land then return, my 90 day limit gets reset to zero every time.

I know T'land Immig is home to vast army of idiots so can believe anything is possible/

quote When i depart T'land then return, my 90 day limit gets reset to zero every time. unquote

Well, at least you got one thing correct jobin. You remember those nice guys sitting behind the desks at the airport to whom you give your passport. They are often referred to as being miserable and unsmiling. I've usually found them most pleasant but perhaps that's because I endeavour to be pleasant with them. They are immigration officers too. By coming back into the country your reporting to Immigration and the 90-days starts again from that point.

I still can not understand why people go to the immigration for making the 90 days. It's now so easy to do it over the net. I stay in Korat and i get the "Approved" after 2-3 days. Save's me a drive from 60 km and a lot of time...

My Retirement visa and 90 day renewal often occur at the same time, so far I've never had any problems, as for going to the Immigration office, I live about 20 minutes from it so no problem, I can understand people that live long distances away would avail themselves of the internet option, saving time and money on fuel. :)

My Retirement visa and 90 day renewal often occur at the same time, so far I've never had any problems, as for going to the Immigration office, I live about 20 minutes from it so no problem, I can understand people that live long distances away would avail themselves of the internet option, saving time and money on fuel. smile.png

You seem to have forgotten the fact that by using the internet you could remain home in your underwear sipping tea and do you 90 day report--in less time.

I got there at 8:00 A.M. and was number 3. Same as the OP but with re-entry permit as well. Out at 11: A.M. with extension, 90-day and re-entry.Have never had a problem at Chiang Mai immigration; except the long line for 90-day. And this was the 4th. year for extension.

My Retirement visa and 90 day renewal often occur at the same time, so far I've never had any problems, as for going to the Immigration office, I live about 20 minutes from it so no problem, I can understand people that live long distances away would avail themselves of the internet option, saving time and money on fuel. smile.png

For alot of us the internet option does not work but the mail in does.

I still can not understand why people go to the immigration for making the 90 days. It's now so easy to do it over the net. I stay in Korat and i get the "Approved" after 2-3 days. Save's me a drive from 60 km and a lot of time...

You seem to have forgotten the fact that by using the internet you could remain home in your underwear sipping tea and do you 90 day report--in less time.

Anyone know how the reported new requirement for completion of the Foreign National Information form (now required at Pattaya) will be dealt with in the case of internet reporting?

It's said to be required for 90 Reporting, for all applications for Extensions of Stay and Re-entry Permits.

The Information form is an aggravation as it requires a photo. Everything at Immo now requires the form. Get a copy, keep one blank in case info changes, fill out a copy leaving the date and signature blank. Make a few copies and keep them on hand. Each visit date the form, add a photo, sign it and hand it in. BP

Did my Retirement Visa yesterday, used Assit Thai Visa, which makes it painless for us older folk.

Also used ATV to obtain a new UK passport, B5,000. They said 3-4 weeks for passport but it took 5 weeks and was one of the New Style UK Passports, that I had been aware of previously.

john

Edited by jonwilly

The Information form is an aggravation as it requires a photo. Everything at Immo now requires the form. Get a copy, keep one blank in case info changes, fill out a copy leaving the date and signature blank. Make a few copies and keep them on hand. Each visit date the form, add a photo, sign it and hand it in. BP

If you download the Pdf it is active.

Keep the original intact, complete it in on your PC and save it with a different file name.

You can print one off, then open it next time you need one, do any alterations required, print and save again.

No need to print any blanks or fill them in by hand - only the Date & Signature required.

I just don't see how it works with online 90 day reporting yet.

Foreign National Information.pdf

With photos costing 120 Baht for 10 I fail to see the hardship in keeping a stock.

It would be an aggravation if a form was required for every visit but I very much doubt that will be the case.

I have heard of this form which requires folks Personal details.

Big complaints from folk I know personally.

Yesterday while doing my Retirement Visa I had to go visit Promenade, my first ever trip there.

A SUV from ATV for myself and a lady made the trip.

Five mins each to have our photo taken for the Immigration police files.

On way back the lady who I never met before complained that she too had been required to fill in dredded form previously, while I have yet to see it.

john

I didnt think the 90 day reports were being done at the immigration near the airport , but my neighbor went back to get his marrage ext final stamp , they did his 90 day report as well . So who knows

Also he was given that form of personal information to fill out and bring back next 90 day report .

Edited by BB1955

When I was in last week for my 90 day they handed me the new information form. No pic required and I only had to fill in sections: 1 thru 2.4 and of course sign it. Maybe filling out the form for the Retirement Extension is requiring a pic and filling the form completely? Can anyone else provide their experiences with the form?

it's a joke, they know it is as well but have to go through the motions.

It will probably go away in time.Bit like the reporting if you stay in another province for a night or 2 with family.That seems to be on the back burner

I just downloaded the form .Most of the info they already have.I had to declare my parents names (they pased away 2 decades ago) when I applied for my yellow book.

Just easier to do what they want,they don't make the rules.

Anyone know if this new form has to be submitted with the 90 day reports?

A friend of our in the Japanese expat community just did his 90-day yesterday. He was made to submit this new form, and was told it would be required with just about every routine action (90-day report, re-entry permits, visa extensions, etc.)