Trump praises late Iraqi leader Saddam as terrorist killer

webfact

One of my friends back home is a Christian Iraqi (refugee) and I just want to quote him on this...

"Under Saddam Husein Shia, Sunnis, Christians and even Jews lived together in peace in my city then US invaded Iraq and all the non-Muslims (and even some Sunnis) that didn't leave was killed!"

I worked in Iraq 2003, had many translators in the company I worked for. As per instruction from US State, the company I worked for had many translators from all sectors. It was common to work with different translators. What you said was absolutely repeated time and time again by all sects. Christians at that time were really desperate to get out, unfortunately for them many migrated to Syria. A real sad story in Iraq.

Sadem was an equal opportunity/secular killer but if you kept your mouth shut life was not that bad. I was in Baghdad when Sadem was arrested, by then bombings were everywhere and almost daily. Most of the expats I worked with agreed the best thing to do with Sadem was slap him around a few times, tell him what not to do and lastly, "now get back out there and unscrew this place"

the saddam execution should be the text book example of why killing humans comes down to murder. it sets an example that murder is justifiable. might have been a tricky one to let him out of jail and get him back on the job of controlling his country but it would be for the greater good. alot of bleeding hearts will go on about how his son was a rapist and it was justifiable to ruin the country to get rid of him but it seems like the cost was pretty high for the suffering that was inflicted.

Every time this clown opens his mouth, the most outrageous nonsense comes out. The man is a total boob and keeps proving it time and time again, and yet millions of Americans are cheering for this idiot and think he is the perfect candidate to be their next president. What a great country! May god have mercy on America - and the rest of the world - if it ever comes to that.

Him or Hillary? Sheesh, What a choice. I am glad I am not an American & have to choose. (Assuming Hillary isn't in jail before election day.)

Ooh, this'll rattle the liberals. He's right, Saddam was a terrorist killer and kept everyone in line and the region is a mess without him. On the other hand, he also killed untold thousands of decent folk, or anyone he saw fit if there were any hint of resistance or through boredom. Trump could acknowledge the fact without coming across as a tyrant himself... 'He did that so good'. huh.png

Did you really think anyone was denying Saddam was a killer, terrorists included? Don't you think the complaints may be that they wouldn't want the president of the US to be a ekiller lik Saddam?

i think that ship has already sailed!............Obama is the 'commander and bomber' n chief!.....

It is Trump's Presidency to lose...he has not shown a progressive march toward good judgement and conciliatory statements...he is, at least at this time...his own worst enemy...just does not know when to give it a rest...makes people nervous with his outrageous statements...

Heaven help the US...these two Presidential candidates are not likely to do so...

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, this'll rattle the liberals. He's right, Saddam was a terrorist killer and kept everyone in line and the region is a mess without him. On the other hand, he also killed untold thousands of decent folk, or anyone he saw fit if there were any hint of resistance or through boredom. Trump could acknowledge the fact without coming across as a tyrant himself... 'He did that so good'. huh.png

Did you really think anyone was denying Saddam was a killer, terrorists included? Don't you think the complaints may be that they wouldn't want the president of the US to be a ekiller lik Saddam?

i think that ship has already sailed!............Obama is the 'commander and bomber' n chief!.....

Well, aside from the fact you improperly attempted to quote me then misquoted me, your statement is ludicrous. Are you saying Obama is like Saddam?

And we now know which way the Philippines would vote, although I am impressed by their new president's directive on official information request replies. We will see how he turns out. Might be some hints for Europe after we see how he handles the Southern Muslim problem.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Hobbes, read him.

Is that "Calvin & Hobbes" the syndicated cartoon? I love it. Which cartoon exactly?

Thomas Hobbes was right

famously concluded that in the absence of any effective government, the life of human beings became "nasty, brutish and short." That, Hobbes concluded, was why even rule by a harsh tyranny was preferably to the chaos of struggling for survival under no government at all.

http://www.upi.com/Eye-on-Iraq-Thomas-Hobbes-was-right/14071158957879

On the issue of Saddam killing terrorists I assume this is in reference to those who opposed his regime. However, it is know Saddam was a State Sponsor of terrorism over the years by providing support for those who supported his anti Israeli/Western/Turkish and Iranian agenda such as PKK, Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas and others

Conclusion: A the very least Trump is ill-informed.

Edited by simple1