Anyone else suffering constant disruption to True internet?

giddyup

I live on the darkside and for the last couple of weeks I have been without internet for sometimes hours, and this has been happening every day. If you ring you get a recorded message saying they are working on the problem, but they give no idea as to when the internet will be operating fully again. When I complained about how much time I was losing, the credited me with 45 baht. Whoopee! Just about at the end of my tether with True, but are any of the other providers any more reliable?

Yes, also on the darkside, had True for 12 months and got worse each month, dropping out and in all the time. They used to come round but of course never managed to witness the problem. Anyway, changed to 3BB and that has been far better.

Yes, also on the darkside, had True for 12 months and got worse each month, dropping out and in all the time. They used to come round but of course never managed to witness the problem. Anyway, changed to 3BB and that has been far better.

My Thai partner just rang True (for the umpteenth time) and told them we wanted to cancel. The girl at True pleaded to give them more time to fix the problem, but I think I'll go into True tomorrow and cancel, I just can't tolerate their incompetence any longer. Where are the 3BB offices in Pattaya?

I use CAT fiber. If I have a problem I contact 24/7 customer support. If a visit is required at my premises, they'll be there first thing in the morning to fix it... with a whole team! I have personal contact with my account manager via email and SMS. I've been with them for about 10 years now (adsl first and fiber optic the last 2 years) and had very few problems and all problems were sorted within a few hours tops. They have some pretty good entry level promotions now. They aren't the cheapest in town, but they've always got your back, even if you don't speak Thai.

They now start you off with a Modem/router with 4 LAN ports and wireless.

Edited by tropo

My Thai partner just rang True (for the umpteenth time) and told them we wanted to cancel. The girl at True pleaded to give them more time to fix the problem, but I think I'll go into True tomorrow and cancel, I just can't tolerate their incompetence any longer. Where are the 3BB offices in Pattaya?

Up, don't be so hasty..We have 3BB and the internet is bad....listening to the US congress grill the FBI director tonight , I have lost connection many times in the past hour 10-11pm..

Up, don't be so hasty..We have 3BB and the internet is bad....listening to the US congress grill the FBI director tonight , I have lost connection many times in the past hour 10-11pm..

Someone is fiddling with the gateway once again, I'm on DOCSIS with a CAT reseller and I noticed since yesterday that I get many interruptions with websites not loading.

Someone is fiddling with the gateway once again, I'm on DOCSIS with a CAT reseller and I noticed since yesterday that I get many interruptions with websites not loading.

I have had no disruptions at all on CAT.

I have experienced all these problems before but in the end it turns out to be my router. I have gone through 8 TP-Link routers that cause these drop out and slow connection problems. I now have been using Belkin Routers which seem to give at least a 3 year life without problems. The only other problem is the connection to the node at the True Server which seems to slow or block my connection. I just switch off and reboot the router which then makes a fresh connection to the True Server. After that no problems.

I have True cable on the darkside and it has been hopeless pretty much since I got it, but in recent times it has been dropping in and out, it also won't load some sites, I pay half my neighbours 3BB account as a back up and it leaves this True rubbish for dead, but last time I checked there wasn't a service available to me.

My True internet was out for quite a few hours in the afternoon 6th, when I called a recorded message said they were working on the network.

I am more Northside than darkside and have few problems.

I use Banglamung cable TV for i-net and it been quite good since 2008. It sometimes drop out during heavy rain but is always back the next day at the latest.

I am in north Pattaya, Naklua.

I think much depends on where you live as a friend in the village is happy with his True i-net and it is quite stable according to him.

I have True cable. Each night between 7pm and 9pm i start to get a lot of buffering. I watch a lot of UK live channels and before 7pm it's fine. But 7pm comes and bam, buffering.

for the life of me I don't know why anyone would have anything to do with true/ubc/anything else they want to call it! even the TV sucks! programs ten years old! double channels and they say they have over a hundred? in your dreams! if there is EVER another company that offers a good TV program. I'm gone! the name changes but the service and attitude is the same! I once wrote (sent E mail) to true/ubc requesting an additional channel, offered to pay for it, was told by the female in charge, we serve the majority! the majority do not have gold or platinum the Majority have many programs to chose from!the majority she was talking about was Thai!

reply to captspectre. Go and do research in how to use android TV boxes; lots of channels on Modbro. Kodi are common apps that give you what you need. Couple it with 3BB Fibre optic 100Mb/s download and you should be a happy man. Leave the other rubbish for the plaesure of the majority; non farang.

Many ofices in Pattaya. Theprasit would be good but probably Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang better.

I think there are several but the one we use (I am reliably informed) is on Sukhumvit about 20m south of the KhaoNoi junction.

If TV and Thai Immigration would work perfect TVF would not any Posts.

Why don't your Post writers wake up, you are in Thailand and in Thailand people in charge are always f@#king with the system to make themself look important.

Presently True is working all during the month of July on the system in certain areas of Bangkok, it was announced many times a day during the month of June on the bottom of the TV screen in English and in Thai.

Change if you like to another system and given time you will have other problems with that system. As the saying goes, "Change is the spice of life".

LOL in LOS.

We had a post paid True SIM used for the Internet in an air card. For several years it was OK then it got very slow and got to the point that we had no Internet. Many calls and several trips to the local True shop were a waste of time. I lost my temper in the True shop where she had signed up because they refused to cancel the post paid account. My wife basically had to drag me out of the shop because I was yelling and making an ass out of myself. She ended up driving 50 kilometers each way to a bigger True shop to cancel the account. She was able to cancel by paying an extra month of charges beside the month we had no Internet. That in itself was a ripoff. The last of the four True SIM cards went in the trash with a balance of about 300 baht. It gave me 300 baht worth of pleasure to throw the card away. Telewiz was finally able to transfer my old number to AIS after several weeks of foot dragging from True. AIS is nothing to brag about but at least I now have decent Internet and my old number. I will never deal with an incompetent company like True again.

The closest to the dark side would be on Theprasit road where the night market is.

There is also one ON the dark side but I forgot which soi it was, sorry.

When I had issues getting a 3BB installation via their pleasant but rather unenthusiastic staff at Big C Extra, I was recommended by fellow members here to check their service desk at Tesco-Lotus on Nua. They also commented that my nearest junction box was 'full' but did a bit of research and found a connection in another junction box further down the street (in the same village). Service was up and running within 3 hours. This was 4 years ago so staff (and your experience) may vary.

Only disruption I have had since then was when some cable company was running wires and 'broke' my connection, The 3BB repair team had it working later the same day. Whenever I get slow loading pages and timeouts, I reset the modem and routers and 99% of the time, full, fast service is restored.

Edited by NanLaew

When the technician came a couple of days ago he gave me a brand new router, and whenever I lose the internet connection only 1 or 2 lights flash, but if I pull the power cord and reboot it, all the lights (4) come back on and I have an internet connection, but it usually doesn't last. Might be luck and get an hour or so before it's gone again. Anyway the technician is coming again tomorrow, what's the bet that everything is working perfectly when he gets here?

Edited by giddyup

I'm in the north east and had this problem with 3BB which always dropped out in a storm. Went toTrue and even though a little slow, on some occasions, in the couple of months that we've been connected it has never dropped out, even in a storm.

Edited by Si Thea01

I'm based in Patong and many friends over the last 3 weeks have been complaining about True, both internet and television supply.

I have an android box from IlikeHD "StreamboxMini" and was having lots of problems with True speeds and buffering; after many questions and complaints to IlikeHD (which they answered promptly and generally solved the problems); I was asked if I had True internet to which asked why, the response was "we get about 90% of our problems from those using True".

When I have complained to True direct, the response and action is generally very ordinary; I cannot say much more than that.

TIT

I'm based in Patong and many friends over the last 3 weeks have been complaining about True, both internet and television supply.

I have an android box from IlikeHD "StreamboxMini" and was having lots of problems with True speeds and buffering; after many questions and complaints to IlikeHD (which they answered promptly and generally solved the problems); I was asked if I had True internet to which asked why, the response was "we get about 90% of our problems from those using True".

When I have complained to True direct, the response and action is generally very ordinary; I cannot say much more than that.

TIT

I also have True TV and in the past two days have been experiencng probems. Initially thought it was the television, as the sound disappeared, then the picture and the TV turned itself off. I was then unabe to turn it on. Decided to take it to a repair shop, who tested it and found nothing wrong and suggested the problem was with True.

Went home, hooked up TV and the same problem so turned off. Rang True, discussed matter and made an appointment for technician to attend in a couple of days. half an hour later turned TV and it now worked perfectly. Maybe they rebooted the system and rectified the problem. not sure but given the system is now working correctly it would suggest the problem was from their end and not my TV. At least I received a courteous response and, touch wood, no more problems.