Hooters Waitress Wage

Come on people, what's their income got to do with you, do you walk into a bar with a notice on your chest saying I earn xxxxx a month. Really is this worth discussing . Whatever they earn, good luck to them , if you're jealous then how sad you are ... Welcome to TV

Come on people, what's their income got to do with you, do you walk into a bar with a notice on your chest saying I earn xxxxx a month. Really is this worth discussing . Whatever they earn, good luck to them , if you're jealous then how sad you are ... Welcome to TV

Who spoke of jealousy but you?

Try googling what does a... basically any occupation make. You will see many people ask these sort of questions. I tried to google what is the IQ of a dipstick but nothing came up.

Hey Dip Shit, oops, Dip Stick. Open, public forum in case you haven't noticed.

The topic's name is pretty obvious. Why read it if you think it might get up your nose ?

Brace yourselves:

I run a business in Thailand which has nothing to do with how attractive you are, 16 staff. If I averaged the salaries, each earns in excess of 30k Baht/mo. This is not some new concept, and not unique to Thailand.

If you want to RETAIN good staff here, you need to pay them accordingly.

So, if Hooters concept is super attractive girls that they need to show up to work but have minimal education. Guess what? Hooters has to pay.

50,000/mo is $1,500USD, yes very high salary in Thailand, but if you fit into their business model and want loyalty, that's the cost.

You can read many threads on this forum with people complaining of high staff turnover, Thai people are lazy, etc. Guess what? Out of my staff 80% have stayed with me over 8 years, 15% were fired.

So if you want your very own Hooters girl full, be prepared to pay at least 100k/mo stipend.

Maybe they tell them to say that to get rid of the desperate rescuers............so they stop with the pestering.......But..but Kansas is beautiful in the winter.

Edited by NickJ

Try googling what does a... basically any occupation make. You will see many people ask these sort of questions. I tried to google what is the IQ of a dipstick but nothing came up.

Haha laughable you must be using google designed for the under nines,

The grown up Google gave me this answer Dipstick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org wiki Dipstick

A dipstick is one of several measurement devices. Some dipsticks are dipped into a liquid to perform a chemical test or to provide a measure of quantity of the liquid.

Worse things to have on your headstone than 'rescued a hooters girl'

The vast majority of TV members wouldnt get within 2 foot of a hooters girls, these ladies are bit more upmarket that the usual isaan teeraks the majority of TV members get involved with and they are not the "hansum man" they think they are..and the hooters girls are most likey earning more than the average Pattaya, "playboy" pensioner

Edited by Bunnychow

They are waitresses in a crappy chain restaurant, hardly 'upmarket'.

In your opinion it may be a crappy chain restaurant, but i would wager the waitresses are better educated than the vast majority of the customers who frequent the place and beides i never said Hooters was an upmarket establishment, i said the ladies working there would be more upmarket

I've been to Hooters in BKK Suk 15 several times for meals, and they have some nice, reasonably attractive young women working there.

But in all my casual conversations with the waitresses serving me there, I never got any impression that most of them were particularly "better educated" than their typical customers or more "upmarket" than other Thai working women. They may have better figures and be relatively young, but that's about as far as I'd go.

Hooters chicks ....upmarket n edumacated .....hahaha .... I dun fink he realises how that make him look hey

Well with responses like this...my case rests your honour, one suspects a hooters dinner plate has a higher intellect....

They are waitresses in a crappy chain restaurant, hardly 'upmarket'.

In your opinion it may be a crappy chain restaurant, but i would wager the waitresses are better educated than the vast majority of the customers who frequent the place and beides i never said Hooters was an upmarket establishment, i said the ladies working there would be more upmarket

My opinion? It's hardly fine dining is it? I know you didn't suggest that Hooters was upmarket; the fact you suggested the girls were 'more upmarket' is what made me laugh.

Yes ! you are right and hundred or more people saying that Thai staff are not reliable even for high salary are wrong !

Anyway if you think that any waiter or labour in Thailand deserves 30000+ thb it's your problem and it will never be mine as I now do like the Thai and have Cambodian and Myanmar staff.

Ah yes, I forgot, it seems that all the Thai who complain about Thai staff are also wrong, not only foreigners...

In case you could rad Thai just google it and you will find thousand of stupid Thai like me who find Thai staff totally useless !

You really know too mutt !!!

Brace yourselves:

I run a business in Thailand which has nothing to do with how attractive you are, 16 staff. If I averaged the salaries, each earns in excess of 30k Baht/mo. This is not some new concept, and not unique to Thailand.

If you want to RETAIN good staff here, you need to pay them accordingly.

So, if Hooters concept is super attractive girls that they need to show up to work but have minimal education. Guess what? Hooters has to pay.

50,000/mo is $1,500USD, yes very high salary in Thailand, but if you fit into their business model and want loyalty, that's the cost.

You can read many threads on this forum with people complaining of high staff turnover, Thai people are lazy, etc. Guess what? Out of my staff 80% have stayed with me over 8 years, 15% were fired.

So if you want your very own Hooters girl full, be prepared to pay at least 100k/mo stipend.

I doubt very much that the salary of a Hooters waitress would be 50k. That's Air Hostess territory. Perhaps in a good month, she might be able to make that with tips and salary.

It's way over the market, but it doesn't sound that unlikely to me. Look at it from the perspective of the American HQ planning the launch in Thailand. Paying the waitresses 1000 bucks a month over the market rate means you can hire and retain very attractive women, and avoid sliding into a scenario where the restaurant becomes a platform for after-hours prostitution. They want to titillate, but I don't think they want their global brand to be tarnished by prostitution. The cost-revenue picture would still easily be as good as in many other countries.

It's pure speculation, but it makes sense that they would pay well over the market.

Edited by ChidlomDweller