"Lady Kai" woke up behind bars this morning - bail denied for alleged hi-so con artist

webfact

"Lady Kai" woke up behind bars this morning - bail denied for alleged hi-so con artist

s1am.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The woman at the center of a sensational rich hi-so vs poor employees case was ordered held by the Central Criminal Court yesterday.

She was denied bail even though relatives stumped up 1.1 million baht for her temporary release, reported Daily News.

She is being held on Lese Majeste charges (Article 112) and an initial charge of making malicious accusations.

She could face years in jail. She denies the charges.

The exact nature of the charges have not been announced but they center around defamation and insult. People convicted of lese majeste can be jailed for 15 years.

Monta Yokratanakan, 56, was taken to the women's central prison at Bang Khen after her court appearance. In refusing bail the court decided that this was an important case with a heavy potential penalty.

There was a fear of flight and fear of witness tampering if the accused was allowed temporary freedom.

An application for bail was heard from relatives who were prepared to post 1.1 million baht but it was rejected with the court further saying that the accused faces similar charges in a military court.

Apart from these charges she faces a whole host of accusations from former employees centering on false accusations of theft and inducements to work abroad in what claimants suggest involves human trafficking.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-08

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic, breaking the mould for this case is just what is required. Now this horrible old mug can feel someone else's pain, except I guess that as she is actually guilty, only a portion of it, still however a cracking result.

Due to the nature of the case and the shadowy figures involved, I would not at all be surprised if she does a mor yong

I would like to see her convicted for her real crimes and to compensate her victims more than fairly. If this ain't gonna happen, this will do.

Now it's time to start singing like a canary and take down all the other scumbags in Thailand's 'high society'. And we need a changed definition of 'hiso'. It should mean classy only. For decent people with a strong and decent moral code. Low so should be for people like her.

So from Hi-so to lo- so, and jail- so..... a slave's driver with delusion of grandeur, who thinks she

lives in back in the dark ages, a long stint in jail will surly cure her for good.....

Can anyone enlighten me , what did this "evil woman" do ? 1,1 mill baht and still denied bail is a positive change.

Edited by balo

I would like to see her convicted for her real crimes and to compensate her victims more than fairly. If this ain't gonna happen, this will do.

Now it's time to start singing like a canary and take down all the other scumbags in Thailand's 'high society'. And we need a changed definition of 'hiso'. It should mean classy only. For decent people with a strong and decent moral code. Low so should be for people like her.

I agree with you but if this Act 1 of her being thrown under the bus we can be sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure if she starts singing there will be no evidence to support her allegations. She's about to find out what being left alone feels like.

If her husband is a senior police officer it remains to see how much help he can muster or if things have gone too far for anyone to intervene to any great extent. A charge of LM is a very powerful issue and likely trumps everything.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

IMHO the LM charge is a very clever move by the people in charge, the very people who could be implicated in this womans deplorable acts.

By playing the LM card they have ensured that there will be little if any press coverage of ongoing investigations. A trial, if one takes place will be held in camera, therefore protecting not only the High establishment but her hi-so connected co-conspiritors.

Or may'be I have just been here too long.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

I hope a plethora of other charges get heaped upon her ,

she deserves to be locked up for a very long time,how

many young lives has she destroyed.she has to pay.

regards worgeordie

IMHO the LM charge is a very clever move by the people in charge, the very people who could be implicated in this womans deplorable acts.

By playing the LM card they have ensured that there will be little if any press coverage of ongoing investigations. A trial, if one takes place will be held in camera, therefore protecting not only the High establishment but her hi-so connected co-conspiritors.

Or may'be I have just been here too long.

Like many long enough to know how things really work.

Best news I've had all year and I never revel in anyones demise but this woman absolutely deserves to be behind bars until they can get to the bottom of her misdeeds. I suspect the role of social media and media coverage assisted the authorities in actually doing something about this case. Well done Thai netizens for keeping this case in the spotlight!

Edited by Dukeleto

Maybe years in the this country have made me uber cynical, but lets wait and see what happens,

The establishment of this country has a very certain way of looking after it's own, unless of course she has fouling foul of someone, in which case the same establishment can ensure all Hell rains down on you!

Ahhh the joys of a third world judicial system!

I may well be a little cynical but hey plenty of reasons why due to the judicial system in LOS.

I suspect a blood infection coming on soon, or a serious health issue and needs to be placed in a privet 5 star hospital, or she will be the sacrificial head to roll that is occasionally offered up as so-called proof the system works and there is balance in the eyes of the lawcheesy.gif

When will the BIB be charged with forced confections from victims of this low-so human trafficker? Rug plus broom and sweep.

Best news I've had all year and I never revel in anyones demise but this woman absolutely deserves to be behind bars until they can get to the bottom of her misdeeds. I suspect the role of social media and media coverage assisted the authorities in actually doing something about this case. Well done Thai netizens for keeping this case in the spotlight!

"assisted the authorities"

nice euphemism

well, if I were Judge Judy I would only impose a very heavy fine, with just one stipulation.

Every baht of the fine had to be earned the same way as the girls that she shanghai-ed.

From the look of her she would be on her back or knees for a lifetime.

The correct sentence don't you agree???

Now maybe we will see what is happening with the red bull heir,with the cheeky gaunt face in hongkong,and the merk, now monk, driver.And then maybe we will hear what happened to the UK hit and run driver who killed the 2 women in their pickup on DoiSaket road,Runner.And the 23 year old girl who killed the 3 cyclists and hospitalised another 6 whilst coming home at 6 in the morning drunk in DADDYS car,got 2 years WHERE???WHEN,still FREE.

Good job, the Central Criminal Court. clap2.gif

Here is to hoping that more "Good Jobs" are on the way. thumbsup.gif

I'd like to join you in congratulating the court but did it actually make the decision or just read out a decision made elsewhere and passed down for action ?