Crack in glass of phone:Fix it or ignore it ?

Dropped my smartphone,it has a small crack ,works normally.Is it better to get this fixed,which, I guess, means to have a new glass screen installed, or can I just leave it.It doesn't bother me much as the crack is in the corner of the screen,but worried that may be in the long run the interior could get damaged.How much is the installation of you new screen?

The screen of my iphone was realy damaged because i droped it twice, i ordered on AliExpress a new set only a few hondred baht and replaced it myself after watching a video on UTube worked out very well

I was with my friend very recently in Bangkok.

His i phone screen was a complete mess because he has dropped it so many times. I went with him to MBK. shopping mall.

They replaced the screen on the fourth floor, at an electronic store ( full of them ) for 1,000 baht. The phone now looks excellent, he is over the moon.

When there is high humidity you may get condensation into the phone but it depends if the crack goes right through of it is is more of a deep surface scratch. If the phone is old I wouldn't both just replace it when it starts acting up. If it is new I would check on the cost and repair time then make a decision

If its a reasonably new phone, probably worth repairing. Some of the good repairers will do a great job for a few hundred baht.

Try and take it to a guy that only does repairs, otherwise they just quote high or say it cant be fixed and try to sell you a new one.

Gave my GF an iPad mini with a case. The case got dingy so she took it off. I told her get a new case for 100baht. She didn't. Cracked the screen in a week. I told her, get the screen fixed for 3000 baht. She didn't. The touch screen under the glass then went bad bring the total repair cost to 3500. That was a whole days pay lost from her shop. An ounce of prevention etc etc...Hopefully she learned from this experience. I certainly did. No more expensive gifts for people who don't value things.

My advice is UP TO YOU. Fix it or not, TV does NOT care

The amount of posters that seem to think it is in in the interest of TV not to have these kinds of posts is astounding. This is what web forums are here for and the more content surrounding more subjects, the better it is for their business. So yes TV does care.

My advice is UP TO YOU. Fix it or not, TV does NOT care

The amount of posters that seem to think it is in in the interest of TV not to have these kinds of posts is astounding. This is what web forums are here for and the more content surrounding more subjects, the better it is for their business. So yes TV does care.

Well said.

Good question...fix it or ignore it...but it is hard to ignore right...while being there right in front of you every time you use the cell phone....laughing at you ...ha ha ha ....lol

Meantime in the very near future there is going to be an option for cell phones that offer the customer a screen that is made from high purity synthetic colorless sapphire ( synthetic corundum )

The option will be sold for possibly as low as another 20 dollars but more than likely when the option is first made available and heavily marketed as a new must have item or option on ones cell phone then they will probably milk it for all they can and sell the option for around 100 dollars or more for the option.

Meantime the volume wholesale price of the synthetic sapphire screen will be around $ 10 to $12 dollars to the cell phone manufactures and eventually, when all the cell phone manufactures offer the option, then the option price will be closer to marginal profits based on volumes sold.

But the synthetic sapphire is not break proof or crack proof itself rather abrasive resistant and not really necessary ...but ....1 more additional option that will help sell the brand name cell phones as a gimmicky item that people will proudly display while informing friends and others:

"My" cell phone..... has a Sapphire screen...Cool ..huh

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Thanks for the variable views on the matter.It has to be a common problem,I haven't met anybody yet who told me he never dropped his device.But usually it is just scratches, not cracks.I managed it 3 times and 3rd time lucky got more than a scratch.

As it is a fairly new 8400 Baht Zen selfie I might go for repair.Anotheruser when you say it won't be the same screen,does that mean it will necessarily be an inferior one?

MBK sounds like the best option, lots of repair shops to compare prices and avoid getting ripped off.

Might also call the ASUS service center and see what they say.