Bars all closed July 19 and 20?

AlexCanada

Officially yes, bars will all be closed. However, as always on the Buddha days if you look around you'll find places that are open and serving beer out of coffee mugs. No lights or music though, so you have to be pretty desperate to want to drink out on those days.

Wrong. Why should people who travel thousands of miles for a two or three week holiday have to put

up with the inconvenience of maybe staying in their hotels?

It is nothing to do with anyone being desperate for a drink.

Why would they have to stay in their hotels? It's not a curfew.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially yes, bars will all be closed. However, as always on the Buddha days if you look around you'll find places that are open and serving beer out of coffee mugs. No lights or music though, so you have to be pretty desperate to want to drink out on those days.

Wrong. Why should people who travel thousands of miles for a two or three week holiday have to put

I am only referring to the people who you so obviously dislike, you know the people who come here for the girls, the bars etc.

What are they going to do when the bars etc are closed? They will probably go and stock up the day before then spend the night drinking in their hotel.

They don't have to of course, they came here for the girls and bars. then they find them closed. ridiculous.

I am only referring to the people who you so obviously dislike, you know the people who come here for the girls, the bars etc.

What are they going to do when the bars etc are closed? They will probably go and stock up the day before then spend the night drinking in their hotel.

They don't have to of course, they came here for the girls and bars. then they find them closed. ridiculous.

Surely they could find something else to do other than just sit in their room?

Are these people really completely disinterested in anything other than booze and sex? That's rather sad.

SB. I do not see how it is sad, although the ones who get drunk and cause trouble I would agree with you.

Most of them come for a good time and have probably worked hard in their home country for a well earned holiday.

What is sad about that?

Edited by possum1931

i was informed that 7th AUGUST was a "dry" day, voting day, but i did not see that on the list, can someone confirm

August 6th and 7th are both scheduled to be dry days, in view of the constitution referendum.

As the King's birthday last year was a dry day, for the first time since 2006, I would imagine the powers that be,

will also make the Queen's birthday this year, August 12th another dry day.

The King's birthday last year was not a dry day, nor has been for at least 10 years. Some people decide to close because they are easily confused, or decide to give the staff a day off.

i was informed that 7th AUGUST was a "dry" day, voting day, but i did not see that on the list, can someone confirm

August 6th and 7th are both scheduled to be dry days, in view of the constitution referendum.

As the King's birthday last year was a dry day, for the first time since 2006, I would imagine the powers that be,

will also make the Queen's birthday this year, August 12th another dry day.

The King's birthday last year was not a dry day, nor has been for at least 10 years. Some people decide to close because they are easily confused, or decide to give the staff a day off.

In Thailand, police in different provinces enforce different rules.

I can assure you that certain areas of the country were told they could not open on December 12th last year.

Are these people really completely disinterested in anything other than booze and sex? That's rather sad.

Sex isn't banned on alcohol free days or Buddha days. All the massage places will be open as normal.

Sex isn't banned on alcohol free days or Buddha days. All the massage places will be open as normal.

Phew.

I was worried for a moment that these guys would end up having to visit a temple or something.

Prime minister announced that the 15th is now National no alcohol day. The police have just told us we have to close at midnight on the 14th. Looks like this month will loose money again. So many days the bar has to close but still have to pay salaries, rent, water etc

Most bars don't pay the girls on holidays. Don't be fooled mates. They aren't even legally employed at said bars. To make matters even worse, said bars want barfines on holidays if the girl gets lucky or was barfined the night prior. It's a wicked world even without the alcohol. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and you've got it, Pattaya.

What are you talking about?

Lor has a valid point in what he is saying, for all bar owners, Falang & Thai. There are enough days already in lost revenue without additional self-appointed days of closing.

Nothing to do with bar fines on holidays (decent bars would be shut anyway) or girls working in the bars.

The member, lor, posting as if he/she's an actual "bar owner" indicated she would lose "salaries" and the water bill would continue. I merely corrected her deception as to allow members to make their own judgments. It, said holidays, would be counted against the worker, be she a prostitute or bartender, on her off days allowed during a pay period, normally a month. This doesn't represent a loss to the "bar owner" as if it exceeds the allowed days off the wage will be docked, not just a daily percentage, but something equal to a barfine. To ignore this reality is your option. As for water, there are many vagrant type of farangs who use the normally clean restrooms at bars vs what they have in their fan rooms/back alleyways. Since the bar would be closed, water would be saved, not continue to be billed. It's on a meter as you must know? Same with electricity. So that brings us to the profit margin on booze sold or lost sales of said booze. Now you have the facts. Govern yourself according i.e. give a damn about your favorite pimp or don't.

Your facts are wrong. All my staff get paid for holidays. Even on the 14th when we have to close at midnight they get credited 2 extra hours for free. They get paid the 15th full salary as well. Also all the staff live in the bar for free. That day they will probably have the air cons/fans on all day in their rooms. Water will still be used by the girls having many showers per day etc and using the gas to cook food for themselves. Why do you say wages would be docked ? Did you run a bar before and are stating what you used to do? If you never ran a bar how do you know how bar owners run their business? My staff get a good salary. 4 days paid holiday per month and 1 weeks extra paid holiday per year plus all the Thai holidays which are increasing all the time as the bars income, due to the number of days we can trade, continuously decreases. I know the holidays are poor by western standards but good, for bargirls, by thai standards.

I try to take care of my staff and treat them well. The way you seem to know the facts about bar owners makes me think you also know the facts about all bar girls, like they are all money grabbing liars. I can tell you that generalisation is also wrong.

Prime minister announced that the 15th is now National no alcohol day. The police have just told us we have to close at midnight on the 14th. Looks like this month will loose money again. So many days the bar has to close but still have to pay salaries, rent, water etc

Damn, I wish I had known that. I spent last night, the 15th, hitting the bars in Hatyai; did not see one place closed.

Isn't that called business.You know this happens.

Damn, I wish I had known that. I spent last night, the 15th, hitting the bars in Hatyai; did not see one place closed.

In think it was no plastic bag day. You can buy booze but they wont give you anything to carry it in. Lucky I have big hands

If you haven't got the nouse to organize your drinking and mongering around this minor inconvenience,you don't deserve to be here.

SB. I do not see how it is sad, although the ones who get drunk and cause trouble I would agree with you.

Most of them come for a good time and have probably worked hard in their home country for a well earned holiday.

What is sad about that?

It is sad that people need to get drunk and go with women half their age and call it a holiday.I know blokes that have never been anywhere but Pattaya,not even Bangers.That's not sad,it's pathetic.

Louse 1953. I don't agree with you, Do you really think that people coming here for the first time, are going to think about

bars closing during their holidays?

Probably, like me, you are not a monger, but entertainment places should not be closed down in tourist areas, people who

own these bars are going to be losing business when they have rent, etc,etc, to pay. Is that fair to them?

Or an active alcoholic, which accounts for most of the people starting these threads over and over again.

For goodness sake, how can closed bars for 2 days on a Mon and Tue be a problem to any normal human being?

Except for the poor normal human who owns the bar and loses another two days trading. How many reasons to not own a bar?

What is sad about that?

It is sad that people need to get drunk and go with women half their age and call it a holiday.I know blokes that have never been anywhere but Pattaya,not even Bangers.That's not sad,it's pathetic.

I'm not sure they "need to", but quite why having fun is sad or pathetic is, in itself, a rather sad and pathetic statement.

In think it was no plastic bag day. You can buy booze but they wont give you anything to carry it in. Lucky I have big hands

It was a nothing out of the ordinary day. We sat outside at four different bars, the Birts smoking cigarettes and I cigars, their beers were served in bottles and my Jack and soda in a glass.

observance of the ban will pave the way

for good karma (future)

As the ban only relates to the selling of alcohol, does that mean that only bar owners will enjoy the benefit of karma.

My local village store owner is obviously going to Hell in a hand basket because she sells liquor any time of day, every day.

Guaranteed,our friendly local,village ma and pa shop will be open for business as usual.I love it 'cos its a great time for the villagers to get together and sit outside with a beer or 5.

Long live mum and dad,god bless em.

I suppose that it just about edges out watching paint dry! laugh.png

its 1-30 am friday, a certain web page says bars are open as normal, today, i just text a bar girl in soi 4 she said her bar is open today as usual .so what was that all about.

Probably 'No alcohol' day was a voluntary personal thing that gave individuals the opportunity to choose whether to not drink, or drink.

Unlike enforced Buddha day 'no selling' rules.