One of Spain’s top bullfighters is gored to death live on TV

webfact

One of Spain’s top bullfighters is gored to death live on TV

606x341_338190.jpg

VALENCIA: -- One of Spain’s top matadors has been killed after being gored to death by a bull.

Victor Barrio was pierced in the chest live on TV and in front of hundreds of spectators, including his wife, at a tournament in the eastern region of Aragon.

Despite being rushed to hospital doctors were unable to save his life.

Spain’s prime minister Mariano Rajoy took to Twitter to express his condolences, though others on social media were less sympathetic and called for and end to bullfighting.

The bullfighter’s death, the first of its kind in nearly 30 years, came as 28-year-old man also died during a bull-run near Valencia.

Many towns in Spain are currently holding events involving bulls, including the world-famous festival of Pamplona, which saw two men gored on Saturday.

“I fell in the middle of the tunnel right before the bulls all came in so I have a couple of footprints on my back but other than that I am fine,” said one runner.

This year, nearly 30 people have been injured, some seriously, during the Pamplona festival, which has so far only held half of its eight annual bull-runs.

Risking life and limb, participants run through the streets of Pamplona’s old town.

While no one has died at the Pamplona event since 2009, around 10 people are killed annually during Spain’s famous bull runs.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-11

Score one for the bulls against their tormentors thumbsup.gif

How this brutal torture and death of animals is allowed to continue is beyond me. Maybe the EU should do something useful for a change and ban it!

Maybe put some of the EU bureaucrats in the ring with the bulls to give them something useful to do

I would pay to watch that...some sweaty fat retard Froggie or German from Brussels being chased by an angry bull...great entertainment

Edited by Bunnychow

How this brutal torture and death of animals is allowed to continue is beyond me. Maybe the EU should do something useful for a change and ban it!

Nah,,won't happen. They are too busy telling countries how long cucumbers should be and what shape your bananas should be to worry about trivial matters like that. thumbsup.gif

as you probably know, when when the bull is getting on top, they spear it with lances to weaken it, pathetic kin cowards, and they call these bullfighters heroes. yes totally agree the EU should ban this barbaric sport,

Be nice if it happened more often good to see the bulls get one back. Very few and far between unfortunately

It's a pity the bull didn't tear his head off and run around with that stuck on his horn.......that would be great.

I wonder how many bulls this a.hole needlessly slaughtered?

This is not a sport, this is a sickness, also know in another parts of the world as 'Animal cruelty'.

Now I'm just waiting for some douchebag to come racing in and attack me by mentioning other examples of animal cruelty in the world in a pathetic effort to try and justify this truely disgusting act of barbarity.

If there weren't a bull tearing a fighter apart once in a while that'd be a lot less fun to watch.

I can't say it's fun t watch at all, however, it's slightly amusing when you see some dope get mauled by a bull in that stupid festival the running of the Bulls.

So many dopey <deleted> in this world, all trying to find ways to end their plights. Stupid is as stupid does, springs to mind 555555

It´s time to stop the barbaric bullfights.

not at all...just make it more interesting, take the lances and swords off the matadors and others, and put them in the ring with the bulls and see how many laps they can do before getting impaled by the bull or do like the ancient Cretans used to do..bull jumping over the bulls back...

A man travels to Spain and goes to a restaurant near the bull arena for a late dinner. He orders the house special and he is brought a plate with potatoes, corn, and two large meaty objects. "What's this?" he asks?

"The Matador Special, Senor," the waiter replies.

"What meat is it?" the man asks.

"Cojones," the waiter explains, "They, are the testicles of the bull who lost at the arena this afternoon."

At first the man is disgusted; but being the adventurous type, he decides to try this local delicacy. To his amazement, it is quite delicious. In fact, it is so good that he decides to come back again the next night and order it again. This time, the waiter brings out the plate, but the meaty objects are much smaller.

"What's this?" he asks the waiter.

"The Matador Special, senor," the waiter replies.

"No, no," the man objects, "I had the Matador Special yesterday and it was much bigger than this."

"Senor," the waiter explains, "the bull does not always lose."

It´s time to stop the barbaric bullfights.

not at all...just make it more interesting, take the lances and swords off the matadors and others, and put them in the ring with the bulls and see how many laps they can do before getting impaled by the bull or do like the ancient Cretans used to do..bull jumping over the bulls back...

Ok that´s also a way to go! thumbsup.gif

Maybe put some of the EU bureaucrats in the ring with the bulls to give them something useful to do

I would pay to watch that...some sweaty fat retard Froggie or German from Brussels being chased by an angry bull...great entertainment

Never mind EU sponsors , what about a couple of Spanish retards thrown in for good measure. All very dangerous , taking a stroll down a Spanish soi as you do to find stroppy bulls trying to give you GBH.

The bullfighter’s death, the first of its kind in nearly 30 years

Being a matador is a lot safer than being a F1 racing driver then, or even a cyclist or marathon runner.

Being a bull is dangerous though.

This is a barbaric 'sport', and in a civilized country, would be stopped.

One way or the other, the bull dies, and to add insult to injury, or death in this case, has his parts sold off outside the stadium to those who watched him being slaughtered for the perverse enjoyment of the spectators, so he may as well have a go and take one of his tormentors with him, one whose body parts won't be sold off.

Edited by F4UCorsair