Tuk tuk driver cleared of tourist bag theft after video goes viral

webfact

Looks like the sleuths of TV have reached new lows in

1. drawing the false conclusion from an article

2. Not bothering to read the article but commenting on the false conclusions.

Come on guys, wake up. I know its Monday morning, but that is really no excuse for sloppy detective work.

To make it easy this time.

Anucha was the motorcycle thief.

Anucha confessed to the crime.

Anucha stated that the tuk-tuk drive was not an accomplice.

Anucha is not a relative of the tuk-tuk driver.

Anucha was riding his mother in law's bike.

The above makes sense.

Years of experiencer working with Thais.

Thais think in Thai what their eyes perceive, then they translate it into English and write-down the transliteration, often the Thai sentence is not in the same direction as the english sentence direction often causing the garble.

When instructing maintenance engineering to Thais I told them that they must think in English and until they did they would not graduate from the course. That they did not think in English was easy for me to detect of the garble in the sentence so they could not trick me that they were thinking in English. I used the same rule when instructing in other countries. My rule is based on English not being my own mother tongue so I had to learn English to be employed in Aviation not only as a pilot but also in aviation maintenance engineering . Using my rule myself, I obtained FAA certificates from ATR down to AGI and everyone in between except navigator because that subject is part of ATR.

So the thief and owner of the Tuk Tuk are family?

Are they also drinking buddies?

Read again they are not, the motor bike's owner is the mother in law "of the thief" not of the Tuktuk driver!smile.png

Must be embarrassing for those native English speakers not understanding what has been written in the article when a non native speaker got it in one time.

Seriously this is not hard to comprehend.

Motorcycle driver his name is Anucha

The police traced the bike by its plate to the MIL of Anucha (the motorbike driver)

The motorcycle driver cleared the tuk tuk driver from involvement

If you allow me, to be precise, Anucha is not the "motorcycle driver" but the snatching thief on the pillion smile.png

Good result. People see what they want to see. Why would a dodgy bike gang want to be involved with a tuktuk driver when they can do it all alone?

because some tuk tuk drivers (many?) have had hard time making work for years. unless they are around wet markets or tourist areas they dont find much work. the only reason Thais use tuk tuks is to move stuff too big to put in taxi, going around streets that are one way, narrow, or from the market shop where it is easier for a 50 year old grandmother to load 200 bags onto a tuk tuk than taxi.

also the tuk tuks sit at markets, waiting for fares.

and sit at hotels or money exchanges, or other places and can identify a mark.

when they have found a mark, they can alert the motocy accomplice and execute.

I find in favor of the STATE'S CASE and render a verdict of GUILTY!

So, he says he didn't do it. That's alright then

We can ignore the apparent hand signal and braking for no reason

It wasn't too long ago that a quarter of a million Iraqis were slaughtered on much less evidence than this

The Tuk Tuk driver is obviously adjusting his wrist watch or just feeling some discomfort in his wrist.

To think that hand movement is a signal is ludicrous.

I would not blame him for being upset about the video posting.

So, he says he didn't do it. That's alright then

We can ignore the apparent hand signal and braking for no reason

It wasn't too long ago that a quarter of a million Iraqis were slaughtered on much less evidence than this

By Saddam Hussein??? I thought he was responsible for killing more than a quarter million of his own people.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Must be embarrassing for those native English speakers not understanding what has been written in the article when a non native speaker got it in one time.

The police traced the bike by its plate to the MIL of Anucha (the motorbike driver)

So, I am not a native English speaker and you are free to get off your high horse any time now.

I admit I read it fast and thought that Tuktuk driver's name was mentioned in the article instead of a criminal.

It happens.... like so many natives who ruined English forums by bad spelling and nonsensical grammar... kinda like your statement above.

I don't get it. According to the last sentence the bicycle belongs to a Tuktuk driver's mother in law!

Is this just badly written or......

Perhaps you need glasses it does not say that it say It belonged to a woman called Kae Tuaytong, who is the mother in law of Anucha. in other words the motorbike belongs to the mother in law of the bag snatcher Anucha

So, I am not a native English speaker and you are free to get off your high horse any time now.

I admit I read it fast and thought that Tuktuk driver's name was mentioned in the article instead of a criminal.

It happens.... like so many natives who ruined English forums by bad spelling and nonsensical grammar... kinda like your statement above.

I did not bother with the correct grammar given that many could not understand the article at all. So I thought i make easy in short sentences. Now you can try to blame that for your lack of understanding or just blame yourself reading too fast. But its easier to blame others, and you were already trying to shift the blame so I have a good hunch what you have chosen.

I did not bother with the correct grammar given that many could not understand the article at all. So I thought i make easy in short sentences. Now you can try to blame that for your lack of understanding or just blame yourself reading too fast. But its easier to blame others, and you were already trying to shift the blame so I have a good hunch what you have chosen.

I am sure many will see the hypocrisy of your post.

-theguyfromanotherforum-

Just scolded me, for posting not in a good enough, for him understandable English.

Maybe he should read something more then once, before he posts wrong conclusions himself!tongue.png

I don't get it. According to the last sentence the bicycle belongs to a Tuktuk driver's mother in law!

Is this just badly written or......

Looks like the sleuths of TV have reached new lows in

1. drawing the false conclusion from an article

2. Not bothering to read the article but commenting on the false conclusions.

Come on guys, wake up. I know its Monday morning, but that is really no excuse for sloppy detective work.

To make it easy this time.

Anucha was the motorcycle thief.

Anucha confessed to the crime.

Anucha stated that the tuk-tuk drive was not an accomplice.

Anucha is not a relative of the tuk-tuk driver.

Anucha was riding his mother in law's bike.

Edited by ALFREDO

Mother-in-law's bike and so, who did she give the keys to? She should have been bought into the police station. Where is the bike now? Still looking for the next relatives Tuk-Tuk for a grab and go. Have the Thai police every bother to track by all of the cameras in the city, oh! yea they don't work.

Sorry, no such think as consequences.

Did you read the article?? They have the guy from the motorbike in custody. He confessed when the police tracked him down.

I think it has something to do with my proficiency in the English language because I am not able to grasp and understand what has been reported.

I fail to see what is so difficult to understand - Get a grip fella! It's not a James Joyce novel.