Sweet dog looking for a new home

Ukic

My dog Leo is looking for a new home. I found her as a puppy from the street 1,5 years a go and have been taking care of her since. Unfortunately and very sadly I soon have to leave Chiang Mai and that´s why I´m looking a new home for her.

Leo is very active and extremely people friendly 1,5 year old middle sized female dog. It would make Leo and me very very happy if someone would like to give her new home and take good care of her.

If you are interested, pls send a PM for me for more details.

post-171999-0-17583500-1468244892_thumb.

Thanks!

I would love to but unfortunately it´s impossible for me to take her with me in my situation. I´m very very sad that I have to leave her and I really hope I can find somebody to take good care of her.

If you are unable to re-home the dog and abandon her to the streets, you are in fact condemning the dog to death. If that can`t be helped then II would hate to have that on my conscience.

Taking in a stray does not mean you are just a caretaker for the dog, that is the Thai way of thinking, it`s means that dog belongs to you and becomes your responsibility. Think about it.

Do you really think that I will abandon my beloved dog to the streets??? It´s the same thing in every forum, people who have no idea about the situation, come tell their wise opinions...

If I want to abandon my dog and leave her for certain death, do you really think that I come to this forum and ask for help? In life unexpected things happen and then you try to ask some kind people to help, but all you get is these same opinions...

Edited by Ukic

Do you really think that I will abandon my beloved dog to the streets??? It´s the same thing in every forum, people who have no idea about the situation, come tell their wise opinions...

If I want to abandon my dog and leave her for certain death, do you really think that I come to this forum and ask for help? In life unexpected things happen and then you try to ask some kind people to help, but all you get is these same opinions...

I don`t care about your situation, I am thinking about what the near future holds for the dog and it seems what you are saying is; due to circumstances beyond your control you may not have any choice but to abandon your dog if not able to be re-homed. A dog is for life and if your future in Thailand is uncertain then people like you should not take on dogs, it`s irresponsible. My girlfriend`s parents dog is 16 years old, so dogs can live for a long time that must be taken into consideration.

So what happens if no one offers to take the dog, then what do you propose to do? My dogs were strays but I am retired and knew from day one that I will be here for the remainder of their lives and we adore them. If it came to a situation where I had to leave my dogs I couldn`t live with myself.

Somehow you should postpone your plans until your dog is found a suitable new home because it`s your responsibility and not the fault of the dog that may have to suffer the consequences and I am sure that anyone that loves dogs will agree with me.

Edited by cyberfarang

Your post is a complete

strawman argument with yourself. The op gave no indication what his fallback plan is. I like him for taking in a stray and his effort to place the dog now that he can no longer care for it. I would still like him if he put the dog in a shelter or abandoned the dog after being unsuccessful finding a new home. Why? Because he gave it a good life and care for 1 1/2 years.

Baseless Pontificating is unattractive and merely trolling in my opinion.

Good luck to the op whatever the outcome.

I've cared for soi dogs much to my wife's displeasure at first that have come to be fed three times a day and they've abandoned me.

Buddhist precept:

impermanence

I don`t care about your situation, I am thinking about what the near future holds for the dog and it seems what you are saying is; due to circumstances beyond your control you may not have any choice but to abandon your dog if not able to be re-homed. A dog is for life and if your future in Thailand is uncertain then people like you should not take on dogs, it`s irresponsible. My girlfriend`s parents dog is 16 years old, so dogs can live for a long time that must be taken into consideration.

So what happens if no one offers to take the dog, then what do you propose to do? My dogs were strays but I am retired and knew from day one that I will be here for the remainder of their lives and we adore them. If it came to a situation where I had to leave my dogs I couldn`t live with myself.

Somehow you should postpone your plans until your dog is found a suitable new home because it`s your responsibility and not the fault of the dog that may have to suffer the consequences and I am sure that anyone that loves dogs will agree with me.

Like I said before, I will never ever leave my dog to bad hands period. I´m a little bit younger than you so I still have things in life to take care of but it does not mean that I would leave my dog to the streets... Believe me, it will not happen.

Instead of focusing on what I did wrong etc. Can we focus on finding this great dog a new home because she deserves it!

Have you found a home for Leo yet? I have a friend who is interested. I tried to PM you, but an error message said you aren't receiving messages. PM me with contact info, if you want.

Edited by EASYDOGG