first smartphone

knowing little about smartphones or Androids I was putting it of buying one but the old Nokia was giving me problems so I went ahead and bought a smartphone(why oh why are they called smartphones!!!),

I didn't buy a real cheapy but one priced at 2500 baht ,this ws in May and after one month the fun started and now the damn thing is useless.When I am o the phone after about ten minutes it cuts out and the screen goes dead but there is still power there as the backpage and settings buttons give a buzz.However I cannot seem to get it to shut down so I leave it on charge and hours later after pressing the off/on button it eventually springs to life.

I thought(stupidly )that most smartphones are made in china but after looking on the net I find mine ws mde in India!!!!!!Name of phone withheld!!!!!!

It doesn't really matter where it's made, hell my Ipad mini is made in China but quality on electronic devises from China can vary a lot, some are crap and some are pretty good.

I don't know any Indian branded phones but possible just as bad as the cheap China phones.

Which brand are we talking about?

OP sounds like your phone have issues, try a reset or if that don't help a hard reset. Yes taking out the battery can help too, do it sometimes on a old i-mobile i-style 7.1 and it works again.

Do you have anybody (expat) that can help you getting started using smart phones? 1 hour tuition will get you a long way if you are lost.

Good luck with your Indian phone.