Singapore with my Thai wife any issue getting in

It can and does happen, I've seen Thai women being taken aside, seemingly at random, I'm assuming they're Thai as they were on our flight, and there have been reports of wives/girlfriends having problems.

We go there fairly regularly and my partner was taken aside once but stood her ground and was let in, her sister however has been refused entry a couple of times when visiting her Singaporean boyfriend.

I think that as long as she has a return ticket, a hotel booking and sufficient funds, she shouldn't encounter a problem. My partner always takes her previous passports with her.

Your passport doesn't come into the equation.

• Like 2

When I went to Singapore with my Thai Wife I just told Customs she was my wife and with me and they let her in with no problems.

I too hear Thai Women can be rejected but I think they are more concerned with single Thai Females traveling alone, for obvious reasons. Been their a few times with my wife and no problems at all. Had Hotel Reservations and a Return Ticket but her or I was never was asked for it,

Just been to Singapore two month ago with my Thai daughter with Thai passport, no problems at all – we actually entered twice as also being in Johor, Malaysia. The rules says, that you need at least 6 moth validity before your passport expire, mine was only 5½ month, so I was little nervous, but no problem.

Have also been in Singapore with my Thai girlfriend a couple of times, but some years ago, and never had any questions in Immigration; just straight through.

However, it's always up to the immigration officer to allow entrance – but if your spouse has no previous bad standing with Singapore and travelling with a Westerner, I cannot imagine any problems.

Wish a good trip – and do consider to visit Sentosa Island during your stay in Singapore...smile.png

Some years ago (1980) I took my then Thai girlfriend and her 3 children (by her previous marriage) to Singapore.

We had no problem at Singapore immigration, but at the hotel the clerk asked me if I was in fact married to my Thai girlfriend....which I wasn't.....and if the children were mine.

I looked him straight in the eye and lied to him....asking him why would I travel with a Thai woman and three children if they weren't mine?

He just smiled, and gave me the keys for our rooms.

The kids spent most of the time there in the hotel pool, their mother and I had other business to attend to.

3 days in Singapore, and we all enjoyed the stay.

Took the kids to Sentosa and the beach there by the Skyway. They loved that.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Some years ago (1980) I took my then Thai girlfriend and her 3 children (by her previous marriage) to Singapore.

We had no problem at Singapore immigration, but at the hotel the clerk asked me if I was in fact married to my Thai girlfriend....which I wasn't.....and if the children were mine.

I looked him straight in the eye and lied to him....asking him why would I travel with a Thai woman and three children if they weren't mine?

The kids spent most of the time there in the hotel pool, their mother and I had other business to attend to.

Been a few times with SWMBO never had an issue.

Re Sentosa, can anyone tell me what was the approx taxi fare to there from the airport?

Re Sentosa, can anyone tell me what was the approx taxi fare to there from the airport?

Think to remember it was under S$30 for a taxi from Sentosa (Resort World) to airport two month ago, it's a fairly short ride, about 15 minutes when no traffic.

Think to remember it was under S$30 for a taxi from Sentosa (Resort World) to airport two month ago, it's a fairly short ride, about 15 minutes when no traffic.

Thanks, Hotel quoted 90++ for pick up and then return. 2 journeys.

Thanks, Hotel quoted 90++ for pick up and then return. 2 journeys.

Always more expensive with hotel car, but taxis in Singapore is no problem; very regulated, kind drivers and go by meter. Only if you cross border, i.e. going to Johor, you will need a Malaysian hotel car.