New car dealer discounts

I want to buy a new Toyota Yaris. The list price is 519,000 baht . Can I get a better price? ? ?

Nice motor that new shape yaris completely different shape to old version looks more manly. Price seems decent.

I fear those suggestions (whilst right) will bring out the know-it-alls who will accuse you of hiding behind your wife instead of not dealing with the matter yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I fear those suggestions (whilst right) will bring out the know-it-alls who will accuse you of hiding behind your wife instead of not dealing with the matter yourself."

And this is a problem if it will save you a chunk of cash !

Are people really so paranoid about dual pricing that they can't even buy a car?

The prices are listed. Ask to see them. Most dealers will have a monthly promotion. Ask to see that too. Most of the promotions are actually offered by the finance companies so by paying cash you are likely to be offered less.

At the end of the day they want the sale and you will get the same deal as anyone.

That said, beware of buying a ford in Sissaket. That may cost you.

Edited by puchooay

Why, tell us more. This might help perspective expat buyers worried about discounts.

I teach the owners daughter and I'm sure he would love to hear (honest) customers feedback on his (one of many) operations in the miss-spelt city you refer to?

Edited by DILLIGAD

I fear those suggestions (whilst right) will bring out the know-it-alls who will accuse you of hiding behind your wife instead of not dealing with the matter yourself.

"I fear those suggestions (whilst right) will bring out the know-it-alls who will accuse you of hiding behind your wife instead of not dealing with the matter yourself."

Not at all, Malt29 but you will see from TV posts after yours, that some (not me) are bound to disagree.

They are so smart (& predictable) that they cannot see the wood from the trees.

Have a good long weekend!

Not at all, Malt29 but you will see from TV posts after yours, that some (not me) are bound to disagree.

They are so smart (& predictable) that they cannot see the wood from the trees.

Have a good long weekend!

Please feel free to guide me and help me to realise any mistakes I have made.

By the way...I said nothing about any dealers in Sissaket(phonetically correct).

It was an "agent". The story was well known. Surprised you hadn't heard about it.

Sorry but your posts are confusing.

I have hijacked nothing and I think you will find my first post very informative for any expats wishing to buy a car.

Would you care to let me know what part of your post is very informative ?

I know nothing of the "story" either.

And certainly not paranoid about anything, let alone buying a car or a bike. Maybe not in every instance, however I am aware of several purchases being negotiated more favorably by a Thai than an expat.

Sorry but your posts are confusing.

I have hijacked nothing and I think you will find my first post very informative for any expats wishing to buy a car.

Would you care to let me know what part of your post is very informative ?

I know nothing of the "story" either.

And certainly not paranoid about anything, let alone buying a car or a bike. Maybe not in every instance, however I am aware of several purchases being negotiated more favorably by a Thai than an expat.

I was referring to my first post. My direct answer to the OP.

You should be able to get the following freebies:

- cash discount from the list price

- free 1st class insurance

- free film and decoration

- free red plate + car registration

Maybe some more. Just shop around at different Toyota dealers. I had to go back and forward a few times because I had 2 dealers wanting me to buy the car from them. Hope this helps

I have to agree,farang tax.Just about anything you buy.Have A Thai buy it for you.As far as the price Thai taxes are out f this world for A new car.You will get A better deal on A truck.

so yo are saying the list price will increase because a Farang is buying it.

big ole' pile off buffalo excrement right there.

Ok here's the thing..buying cars here in thailand can be a bit tricky if you don't know exactly what you're looking for..there are standards & different models come with different accessories..buying a car at a discounted price might lead you to some surprises as well..like the tool kit missing or the body kits different..so the simplest way is to tell your wife what exactly you're looking for let her negotiate & once the deal is finalised go by yourself & make sure that everything is as you wanted it to be..not to be stereotyping but women are not as technical minded as men when it comes to automobiles..best of luck

Ok here's the thing..buying cars here in thailand can be a bit tricky if you don't know exactly what you're looking for..there are standards & different models come with different accessories..buying a car at a discounted price might lead you to some surprises as well..like the tool kit missing or the body kits different..so the simplest way is to tell your wife what exactly you're looking for let her negotiate & once the deal is finalised go by yourself & make sure that everything is as you wanted it to be..not to be stereotyping but women are not as technical minded as men when it comes to automobiles..best of luck

Nonsense.

Are people really so paranoid about dual pricing that they can't even buy a car?

The prices are listed. Ask to see them. Most dealers will have a monthly promotion. Ask to see that too. Most of the promotions are actually offered by the finance companies so by paying cash you are likely to be offered less.

At the end of the day they want the sale and you will get the same deal as anyone.

I have never found a dealer offering a discount. All they may agree to is to throw in some extras - free Class 1 insurance for the first year, decorative bits like spoilers and so on.

I have only bought 2 new cars here but both times i got sizable discounts, plus free insurance and all the usual freebies without any need to have a Thai do the negotiation.

Being Henry Ford I'm very surprised you didn't get them both for free !

I live in Issan--- have brought 2 cars in the last 9 years (last one Honda accord over 1 mil) I have found Issan to be very bad for any discounts or free-bees, never brought here. I find it better to fly to BKK , if you know what you want then it doesn't take but a day to do the top dealers there, take another day for a show or shopping.

The actual discount on price is never that large, but they can make it up with the free--bees free insurance for 1st year ----so many numerous other things that I can hardly remember, .....a special spray treatment for the leather seats, the darkened film for the windows, I could have got the glass spray protection on the outside, but the company they dealt with wasn't as good as one I had been recommended, so they phoned that company and got me a large discount by putting it through as a dealer.

I really do recommend that paint glass spray protection---- lots of not so good roads in Thailand I haven't had 1 paint chip in over 3 years, it also comes with a life time re-fix guarantee...which means if you have an accident (& the wife's had a few) after the panel and paint respray, they will free of charge do that area with the glass spray finish again.

I'm sorry I don't go along with the paranoia that sending a little old Thai lady in gets you a discount---but if your an old farang you wont--your not going to a national park. I have compared my prices with many Thais that have the same motors......much the same price I was just a little cheaper, but I just got more free-bees than them.

Blue Bruce---do you know how to check the number on the plate inside front door to see when (what month etc it came off the production line ?) if not let me know I will PM it to you.

EDIT***Yer starting to remember now---- free cameras for reversing-an alarm around the car (6 of those buttons things that tell you when your to near) 50% off of the GPS system --this plays through the car TV-type screen (which plays videos) as well as a map, touch a button tells you where the nearest...... ATM-711-gas station...ect etc...

Who knows may if I had sent the wife in I would have got the car free.....

Edited by oxo1947

With that list price, you can get discount or freebies of 50k.

This has been my experience as well. I always pay cash but this is a disincentive for the dealers as they make so much money in fees from selling the financing.

Nonsense.
& what's here that's not making any sense to you?

Nonsense.
The content of your post.

Nonsense.
The content of your post.
The contents are from first hand experiences..what seems nonsense to you has indeed been practically witnessed by not only myself but a few friends as well..people learn after they're either ripped off or when they understand they could've got a better deal