Airline Ticket is 35 Days Trip

Hello,

I booked an airline ticket from US to BKK and just saw it was for 35 days.

I recall folks having problems being able to get past the Check-in ticket agents at the originating airport if its in excess of 30 days.

I do not have time to apply for a 60-day visa.

What are my options?

Can I buy a bus ticket to another country online to show at the US airport?

Thanks

I just phoned Delta Airlines in the US and they said that they will not issue me a boarding pass if my travel to Thailand is greater than 30 days without having an actual VISA.

I explained to them the method to receive a 30-day extension for 1,900 Bhat (about $60USD) and the phone representative told me that would not be acceptable.

The only option would be to show onward travel during my original 30 days.

Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap bus ticket online so that I have some proof to offer them?

Thanks

• Like 1

Looks like I can buy a ticket online from 12go.asia to Siam Reap for under 1,000THB and Delta US office says a copy of this purchase/itinerary will be sufficient proof to show onward travel.

https://12go.asia/en/travel/bangkok/siem-reap?date=2016-07-31

Well, the site did open and when I went to purchase ticket the site quit.

Just buy the cheapest ticket out of BKK that you can find. That will be accepted as long as it's within the 30 days.

Or any other Thai airport with international connections.

AirAsia, Online booking.

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur, between 1200 and 1600 during the next weeks.

Pattaya - Kuala Lumpur 1290.

"Payment" fees for credit card will be added (about 100).

So wou will surelt find a throw away booking for less than 50 USD.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Looks like I can buy a ticket online from 12go.asia to Siam Reap for under 1,000THB and Delta US office says a copy of this purchase/itinerary will be sufficient proof to show onward travel.

--------------------------

In most airports the airlines have an office, with real live people working there.

You can walk in and talk to them and with money in your hand make a reservation and/or buy a ticket without ever going online.

We Dinosaurs used to do it like that.

Some of us still do.

Still some of Dinosaurs were using computers before you were probably even born.

My last 9 years before I retired in 2010 I was a communications systems technician for the U.S. military.

I could and did analyze and solve problems in computer communications system, often from thousands of miles away.

That was how I made my living then.

--------------------------

In most airports the airlines have an office, with real live people working there.

You can walk in and talk to them and with money in your hand make a reservation and/or buy a ticket without ever going online.

We Dinosaurs used to do it like that.

Some of us still do.

Still some of Dinosaurs were using computers before you were probably even born.

My last 9 years before I retired in 2010 I was a communications systems technician for the U.S. military.

I could and did analyze and solve problems in computer communications system, often from thousands of miles away.

That was how I made my living then.

I don't think he would find an office at an airport in the states for any of the low cost carriers that fly out of here.

I have not bought a ticket at an office or agency in many years. Always do it on line and normally save a good deal of money that way.

• Like 1

I don't think he would find an office at an airport in the states for any of the low cost carriers that fly out of here.

I have not bought a ticket at an office or agency in many years. Always do it on line and normally save a good deal of money that way.

Agree.

Not even a ticket agent in the US would care/be capable to handle Thai LCCs.

I must admit that I could never try Air Asia from outside Thailand but really it's an internationally operating airline so why not.

Flights to Cambodia under 1000 Baht?

I checked Air Asia. Thai Smile and Angkor Air.

No way,

Didn't even check Bangkok Air (high price airline).

Are you referring to a bus ticket?

By theory a confirmed/paid bus reservation COULD work but I wouldn't try.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Times sure have changed. Ten years ago I arrived in Bangkok on a JAL flight from Hawaii without a visa. My return flight was 39 days later. I got a 5 day extension at Suan Phlu and was told to pay the other four days of overstay (500B/day) at the airport when I left. I still have the passport with the overstay stamp.

However, would not try that today.