I'm buying my friends motorbike

He no longer lives in Thailand

I currently have

The green book sighned

Copy of his passport

Photos

And the transfer forms are complete

Do I require any thing else?

We're both Aussise Guys but I'm buying it but it will transfer into my Thai wife's name

Now is there a problem because the seller does no longer live in Thailand - Pattaya?

Thanks in advance Anybody

PS also can I do everything at the Transport dept

Hello again

As I said before the seller is no longer in Thailand

Hence does not reside in Thailand so does the residency form still apply?

Also the transfer will go into my Thai wife's name to make it easier.

I have the green book

A copy of his front page passport

Photos

Transfer forms

Power of attorney

So again do I still need a resident form from the seller who lives in AUS?

I would go to the Land Transport Office with the bike and talk to some of the gals in the shops outside. They may be able to help you get around the issue of not having the residency cert. It might help to offer then some incentive, if you know what i mean. If he has signed the green book and you have the sales agreements etc.. I would bet with the gals in the shops outside would be able to help you. You might also try talking to one of the administrators at one of the major Honda/Yamaha dealers in Pattaya like Mityon. I sold my Nouvo to a guy using the transfer service at Honda Mityon on Tepprasit Rd. in 2014 and at the time they did not ask me for a residency certificate. 1000 baht and everything was taken care of. 2 weeks later the buyer got the greenbook back with his name in it as owner.

Hello again

Ok got all that, as I said just concerned about the resident form from the seller.

But understand what yr saying

Thanks for taking the time to help me work this out. Maybe get my wife and her Thai lady friend to do the talking.

Thanks again.....

I would go to the Land Transport Office with the bike and talk to some of the gals in the shops outside. They may be able to help you get around the issue of not having the residency cert. It might help to offer then some incentive, if you know what i mean. If he has signed the green book and you have the sales agreements etc.. I would bet with the gals in the shops outside would be able to help you.

Good advice Likerdup1, here in Thailand a few baht seems to go a long way most of the time.

If you're friend is no longer in Thailand you will need to ask him to send you a signed copy of the exit stamp from his passport, its been discussed here that the exit stamp will be excepted in lieu of the residence certificate (which cant be issued as he isn't residing in Thailand anymore)

Edited by johng