Sell bike with Chonburi plates in Bangkok --process? how is it done?

likerdup1

Hi I have a nice clean 2013 Yamaha Nouvo, DELETED

The only concern is it has Choburi plates since thats where I bought. I then moved to Bangkok in March.

Question: What is the process for selling a bike with Chonburi plates here in Bangkok? What extra things have to be done? Can it all be done at the Land Transport Office here in Bangkok? If so which one is best for this?

thank you for any helpful advice!

Likerdup

Edited by seedy
classified ad

You can start by going to land transport and change your address and plate for Bangkok.

You will need the address certificate from Immigration or Embassy to do this.

After selling in Bangkok area will be easier with transfer done in Bangkok.

Or you may sell the bike to a shop ...they will take care of the changes.buy will give you less for the bike,

This is why, I changed my plate when I moved to another province so I can sell locally quickly.

For you as the seller..there really is no requirement to do anything...the buyer ( if living in BKK or any province not Chonburi ) will be the one with the problem. tongue.png

You don't have to go to a DLT to sell a bike just give the buyer all the relevant paperwork...make sure you write a receipt stating you sold the bike

to so and so on such a date...this will cover you if the new buyer uses the vehicle for something dodgy. also get a copy of their passport or ID card

you could market the bike to someone living in Chonburi province then they would have an easier time..not having to "move" the bike to a new province.

relevant paperwork

Thai seller needs to supply.
Signed copy of ID card front and back ( not expired )
Signed copy of house registration ( not allways required )
signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/ blue book signed by current owner
Foreigner seller needs to supply.
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )
For foreign seller, in stead of certificate of residence also work permit or yellow housebook is accepted.
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport
instead of residence certificateand valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension ( not expired )

( if seller is not going with you to DLT )

signed " nungsue moub umnart "

umnart_drl6_.pdfหนังสือมอบอำนาจ
( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/blue book signed by current owner.

For you as the seller..there really is no requirement to do anything...the buyer ( if living in BKK or any province not Chonburi ) will be the one with the problem ..

You say "problem" .. It's nothing to worry about, it's just routine. It will cost him another license plate.

I think that's the most comprehensive directions on selling a bike, I have only bought bikes like this and it sounds a perfect run down but is a certificate of residence always required ?

You say "problem" .. It's nothing to worry about, it's just routine. It will cost him another license plate.

Yes you're correct its routine and nothing to worry about but.....

It is a problem when someone who doesn't know turns up at the DLT thinking the transaction can be done a dealt with in one go only to find out that they may be having to make 2 more trips..

Of course if you get some "agency" to do all the running around and paperwork for you its not a problem at all just takes a bit longer and costs a bit more.

Certificate of residence is required for Pattaya other people from different provinces have said they didn't need it.

Edited by johng

Yes you're correct its routine and nothing to worry about but.....

It is a problem when someone who doesn't know turns up at the DLT thinking the transaction can be done a dealt with in one go only to find out that they may be having to make 2 more trips..

Lol .. Yes, I bought a bike in Roi-Et and registered it in the south.

I was there in the queue at 8.00 am completed all the paperwork by 10.00 and then told to come back the next day for a check. I had visions of a thorough inspection or something ..

Next day, 8.30 am, straight to the front of the queue for a check over, completed the next stage of paperwork with new plates within 30 minutes. I was mystified why I couldn't do it all within the first morning.

thanks very much, this is sll very helpful. Do I just need to sign the two documents that are in Thai language ? if so where on those documents do i need to sign? It is tough to tell because I do not read Thai