Brutal murder of Swedish expat shot dead at home in Cha Am

Jonathan Fairfield

So one Swedish man killed in Pattaya, another one in Cha-Am and third died under strange circumstances in Phang-Nga during the last 10 days!

5% of the Swedish population comes to Thailand every year. That's 450,000 Swedes, not to mention those that have made this place their home.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys if you do not have any thing sensible to say why don't you just shut up!Some really stupid comments here,i have more often had the urge to tell idiots from

refraining to post on news like this.

Should we really be allowed to react with stupid ignorant post on news that is very sensitive to friends and family?Please show some respect and if you can not do that

try to get a life!!

There is a lot more to this story,there always is but let the police do their job.

@ happy joe,the kennel is located at least 25 km from Cha-am.

Hey man, you did not learn to read?

"police added they believe the man’s murder was the result of a personal feud, saying that he had argued with neighbours many times in the past."

So one Swedish man killed in Pattaya, another one in Cha-Am and third died under strange circumstances in Phang-Nga during the last 10 days!

And there are a lot more deaths that you dont hear about.Welcome to thailand.You do not get any respect anymore.

Oh what a shame.

Isn't the white skin working for us any more?

Might have something to do with the brown people's realization that the overwhelming majority of farangs here long term are just blue-balled losers who disrespect the country at every turn

"they found the body of Lars Frofjord [name transliterated] lying in the kitchen"

"Police also found an empty shotgun cartridge behind the property where the victim was found"

So where exactly was the body found? behind the property? or in the Kitchen? Sounds like a game of Cluedo or in this case clueless. Unless they meant the Kitchen is at the back of the property in which case it is craply written and I refer back to the reporter being clueless.

Armchair CSI on the case again

Well, you don't get shot in Thailand for no reason, obviously upset someone.

Agree, the problems might arise when someone get upset because you are a "farang", there are quite a few out there which get irritated very easily about it....whistling.gif

I sometimes ask myself; How many Thai's are murdered outside of Thailand vs how many foreigners are murdered inside Thailand? I think there may be an in balance.

Maybe you no undelstand, i explain to you my fliend.

In Thailand, at best, you will be considered just a "guest", as even many thaier than thai like to repeat to us.

So you are a foreigner into their home, an intruder of some sorts.

If you find an intruder at night into your home, you'll probably shoot to him, and in Thailand it's just the same, they simply have a wider idea of what their home is, and don't wait to get dark for doing it, it's all out in the sun.

I think an international agreement should urgently be found, to allow thais to carry their weapons with them when they travel abroad, so a balance between how many farangs are killed in Thailand and how many farangs are killed abroad can be restored, now it just doesn't sounds right....

A kennel ... in Cha Am ...
The neighbors will finally sleep peacefully.

Yes because of the two kennels next to each other, one of the farang and the other of his ex wife, surely was the one of farang to create nuisance (if any)....great facepalm.gif

And there are a lot more deaths that you dont hear about.Welcome to thailand.You do not get any respect anymore.

You never get respect. You earn it. The days of pith helmets are long gone.

Well I'd say - mix all dog barking sounds you can find on youtube together and play them loud 24/7 for a week. I guess there's a good possibility that at some point you will take your soundsystem out with a shotgun.

Despite the tragedy (and this absolutely does not mean that I agree with murdering someone over this) I have the gut feeling that this one is a clear case of what goes around comes around. Most likely people inquired nicely about what can be done about the dogs barking night and day, and most likely he just "barked" them away, perhaps using the F word and/or threatening them perhaps by sending the dogs after them, or similar... Prolonged fight with the ex also indicates that he perhaps did not have any common sense of when it is time to stop and let go, even if you believe you're not at fault...

Should be an easy case for the RTP to solve, but in the end... TIT sad.png

Edited by MockingJay

Worrying is it me or is there an increasing trend to more serious violence in Thailand. Countries with more homicide tend to be more unequal (America), have less gun controls (America) or more poverty and gangs and drugs (Honduras, Central Americas etc). Countries with lower homicide are like Sweden, Finland, Denmark, UK or Germany with less inequality, more social support, more education , more gun control, more social cohesion.

RIP.

Is it just me or have there been more farang deaths/killings lately than usual? I've also noticed that the police downplays these deaths, orders from the ministry of tourism?

I think there is same amount of deaths but reported more now.

Before they downplayed it.

I hope the police will not say another suicide because they r <deleted> stink.Now every day there is a case..Thailand is beautiful but keep away from its COBRAS?

Guys,just hop across the border and bring one over for the time you need..no fuss no mess no duicides ??

What an idiotic comment.

The police clearly said he was shot once and then again as he tried to climb out a window

How the hell will that end up being called a suicide?

First best guess is the initial report was incorrect and the offending officer has been reprimanded in a proper manner.

Mr Lars Donald Forfjord is the full name of the deceased. R.I.P

Police think the murder could be related to ongoing feuds, a conflict with his ex-missus, run-ins with neighbours and alcohol fueled shouting matches with local yobs.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Seems to be the normal way in Thailand to solve any sort of grievance . Get a gun and shoot! Gun culture at it's very best!

Normal??

Normal where?

You must live in Mosul because I don't see or hear of Thais sorting problems with firearms everywhere I go

America, on the other hand . . .

Well I'd say - mix all dog barking sounds you can find on youtube together and play them loud 24/7 for a week. I guess there's a good possibility that at some point you will take your soundsystem out with a shotgun.

Despite the tragedy (and this absolutely does not mean that I agree with murdering someone over this) I have the gut feeling that this one is a clear case of what goes around comes around. Most likely people inquired nicely about what can be done about the dogs barking night and day, and most likely he just "barked" them away, perhaps using the F word and/or threatening them perhaps by sending the dogs after them, or similar... Prolonged fight with the ex also indicates that he perhaps did not have any common sense of when it is time to stop and let go, even if you believe you're not at fault...

Should be an easy case for the RTP to solve, but in the end... TIT sad.png

Wow, how crass can you get?

Blaming the victim based on nothing more than assumptions and prejudices.

A new low.

Edited by Bluespunk

As being a Swede myself, I'm now happy to have relocated back to Sweden on a permanent basis.

I have noticed during my ten years in Thailand, farrangs are getting more and more targeted by the years.

I hope the police will not say another suicide because they r <deleted> stink.Now every day there is a case..Thailand is beautiful but keep away from its COBRAS?

Guys,just hop across the border and bring one over for the time you need..no fuss no mess no duicides ??

What an idiotic comment.

The police clearly said he was shot once and then again as he tried to climb out a window

How the hell will that end up being called a suicide?

How would you call it if someone is tired of his life and asks to be shot?

Murder!

As being a Swede myself, I'm now happy to have relocated back to Sweden on a permanent basis.

I have noticed during my ten years in Thailand, farrangs are getting more and more targeted by the years.

Or.... Farangs being bigger &lt;deleted&gt; these days..

Here is a link to a channel 7 news video report on the murder.

http://m.bugaboo.tv/watch/265564

If you are interested in seeing extra photos of the crime scene then try the following:-

Google - type

English to Thai

Copy and paste the name

Copy the Thai translation

Search past 24 hours

Use most relevant searches

Voila!

This is how I find out about Thai news stories.

R.i.p again to the deceased.

No offence meant.

Here is a link to a channel 7 news video report on the murder.

http://m.bugaboo.tv/watch/265564

If you are interested in seeing extra photos of the crime scene then try the following:-

Google - type

English to Thai

Copy and paste the name

Copy the Thai translation

Search past 24 hours

Use most relevant searches

Voila!

This is how I find out about Thai news stories.

R.i.p again to the deceased.

No offence meant.

And yet...