Brutal murder of Swedish expat shot dead at home in Cha Am

Jonathan Fairfield

From another forum........

13 december 2015 kl 18:32

"My friend Brian phoned the kennel Europe 2 weeks ago. He asked if they took the cats there. The lady he was talking to said that she had a catteri. Brian drove to Springfeild Golf Club where the lady met him. When he came to kennlen showed the lady catteriet. The boxes were set against a wall. The cats were in the same room as the dogs ???????? Very frivolous. Beside the kennel Europe is Kennel Scandinavia. Brian ran in there and spoke with a Swedish man. He showed a wonderful catteri where Brian left their cats. Brian says that the lady at the kennel Europe lies about the kennel and cattery. Brian was very pleased with the Kennel Scandinavia and he takes his cats there again. Never again Kennel Europe says Brian."

he was running his western business beside a thai business? thats a dangerous thing to do especially if you are more successful.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you don't get shot in Thailand for no reason, obviously upset someone.

Yes, one can get shot anywhere, particularly in Thailand, for merely being in the way of someone else's plans.

"I'm innocent!"

"Not of being in the way you're not. Goodnight and good luck in the next life, which I am merely bringing on. They call me a facilitator."

RIP.

Is it just me or have there been more farang deaths/killings lately than usual? I've also noticed that the police downplays these deaths, orders from the ministry of tourism?

I agree with you there do seem to be a larger than average number recently. Of course we will get the posters "it happens everywhere" which of course it doesn't. Of course they sweep it under the carpet, we are not really welcomed here in Thailand just our money is and don't forget it looks bad for tourism. In the eyes of Thailand we are a race of people to be tolerated nothing more. If something bad happens then what the hell it doesn't matter.

Of course there are a lot of other countries with the same attitude so let's not just blame Thailand or think of it being unique in this respect it isn't.

My advice is "Do not fight with Thai people" here!!!

If you are involved in feud with Thais,they will mostly fight back.It is about "clean face" as well.

We should try not to provoke any dispute and live our life peaceful here!!!

It does happened at" west " as well,even more often than here in many so called "high developed countries"!!!

As far as I read news here,most crimes and death attacks are cos. passion here,not money!!!

I live in Philippines and the cases of foreigners being murdered are extremely low but reading all this in Thailand it does seem a very regular occurance not a particularly friendly place is it. I was coming to live there but the visa crap and all these deaths and beatings is putting me off I have to say. Chiang mai was my chosen destination maybe its safer there

i keep repeating this is not paradise here, this is a wild jungle!

Beware or you might the next to bite the dust.

It is very easy to make enemies here. The problem is you don't know that you have made an enemy!! They will smile at you while plotting to have you blown away!

"they found the body of Lars Frofjord [name transliterated] lying in the kitchen"

"Police also found an empty shotgun cartridge behind the property where the victim was found"

So where exactly was the body found? behind the property? or in the Kitchen? Sounds like a game of Cluedo or in this case clueless. Unless they meant the Kitchen is at the back of the property in which case it is craply written and I refer back to the reporter being clueless.

From another forum........

13 december 2015 kl 18:32

"My friend Brian phoned the kennel Europe 2 weeks ago. He asked if they took the cats there. The lady he was talking to said that she had a catteri. Brian drove to Springfeild Golf Club where the lady met him. When he came to kennlen showed the lady catteriet. The boxes were set against a wall. The cats were in the same room as the dogs ???????? Very frivolous. Beside the kennel Europe is Kennel Scandinavia. Brian ran in there and spoke with a Swedish man. He showed a wonderful catteri where Brian left their cats. Brian says that the lady at the kennel Europe lies about the kennel and cattery. Brian was very pleased with the Kennel Scandinavia and he takes his cats there again. Never again Kennel Europe says Brian."

he was running his western business beside a thai business? thats a dangerous thing to do especially if you are more successful.

The thai business beside this western business was his ex-wife...

I hope the police will not say another suicide because they r <deleted> stink.Now every day there is a case..Thailand is beautiful but keep away from its COBRAS?

Guys,just hop across the border and bring one over for the time you need..no fuss no mess no duicides ??

What an idiotic comment.

The police clearly said he was shot once and then again as he tried to climb out a window

How the hell will that end up being called a suicide?

How would you call it if someone is tired of his life and asks to be shot?

So one Swedish man killed in Pattaya, another one in Cha-Am and third died under strange circumstances in Phang-Nga during the last 10 days!

And there are a lot more deaths that you dont hear about.Welcome to thailand.You do not get any respect anymore.

Neighbours or ex wife, police must as always tell us who did it or was it "self inflicted" Tuicide?

Why should the police "always' tell us, English speaking, visitors to their country. Do visitors to your country demand that they be told, in their own language, about every crime that occurs in your country of origin ?

I think police in most countries operated on a "needs to know basis", and therefore we should get used to the fact, that we don't fall into that category for most of the time.

Perhaps we are seeing some sort of progress here. The police did not immediately label this crime a suicide. That is some sort of miracle. Somehow appropriate for Buddhist Lent. Maybe they are getting pressure over their constant suicide conclusions? Maybe a little too much egg on the face lately?

Look guys if you do not have any thing sensible to say why don't you just shut up!Some really stupid comments here,i have more often had the urge to tell idiots from

refraining to post on news like this.

Should we really be allowed to react with stupid ignorant post on news that is very sensitive to friends and family?Please show some respect and if you can not do that

try to get a life!!

There is a lot more to this story,there always is but let the police do their job.

@ happy joe,the kennel is located at least 25 km from Cha-am.

Amazing. Even though there has been absolutely no mention of suicide by any investigating officer at this time, that does not prevent the TV suicide squad from their knee jerk presumptions.

Pathetic schadenfreude.

Get used to it brother, this forum here is open to any fool all hours of the day, just keep scrolling and ignore the dumb ones is my advice

"they found the body of Lars Frofjord [name transliterated] lying in the kitchen"

"Police also found an empty shotgun cartridge behind the property where the victim was found"

So where exactly was the body found? behind the property? or in the Kitchen? Sounds like a game of Cluedo or in this case clueless. Unless they meant the Kitchen is at the back of the property in which case it is craply written and I refer back to the reporter being clueless.

There can be many explanations; and we all know the reporting is never spot-on.

However, it does say the body was found in the kitchen and the shotgun shell was found in the backyard.

The perp may have been outside and shot him as he tried to climb out the kitchen window.

Or maybe the shotgun does not automatically eject the shell and the perp ejected it outside getting away.

There was also a bullet hole, not a shot pattern, in the door of the truck in the front of the house--could that have been the shot in the arm he suffered while in the truck, or could that bullet hole may have been from an earlier encounter with a shooter elsewhere?

The shot gun shell may not have been shot, but a slug, which may account for the "bullet hole" in the truck. However, it seems unlikely he would have been shot at in his truck and gone inside his house to use the computer.

Since police believe he was in his house using his computer when he was shot, he may have been shot in the arm and as he tried to flee out the kitchen window, he was done in with another bullet--and the shotgun shell in the backyard had nothing to do with the incident.

Or, one of his dogs may have become jealous of his treatment of cats and put out a contract.

However, most likely the employee did it because he didn't get the holidays off.