Work Permit through BOI

2 hours ago, F K Thornbury said:

I had a feeling this would be an issue because, ya know, so before I left CW I asked for English version. And I was promptly reminded of the critical thinking capabilities of peeps in a place like a Thai government orifice.

What the BOI people are asking from you is utterly ridiculous. All that you should be required is a non 'O' visa with proof that you are married. The reason the visa was issued is irrelevant.  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

What the BOI people are asking from you is utterly ridiculous. All that you should be required is a non 'O' visa with proof that you are married. The reason the visa was issued is irrelevant.  :rolleyes:

I know, it's absurd. And what you said - "All that you should be required is a non 'O' visa with proof that you are married. The reason the visa was issued is irrelevant" - man, I've been trying to get somebody to grasp this for 4 weeks.

So here's the final verdict: in order to get the Thai Wife stamp you need to extend your visa for a year; in order to extend your visa for a year you need either 400K or 40K... but, since the BOI will not provide supporting docs to show that I have a WP in process, I have only the 400K option.

Or, really, no options because I don't have that money in a Thai bank.

So, for anyone hoping to get a WP through BOI with a non-O marriage and no "Thai Wife" stamp in your passport..... be prepared to show 400K or get a non-B.  End of story.

Thailand, where logic went to die.

• Like 2

Sooooo... Joe, could you (or anyone with experience) possibly answer a few quick questions on the corollary, which is that I need to get a non-B?

~Where's the best/easiest place to get one.

~Can I get one with multiple entries?

~How much does it cost?

Thanks,

FKT

40 minutes ago, F K Thornbury said:

Sooooo... Joe, could you (or anyone with experience) possibly answer a few quick questions on the corollary, which is that I need to get a non-B?

~Where's the best/easiest place to get one.

~Can I get one with multiple entries?

~How much does it cost?

Thanks,

FKT

It is nuts that they will not accept the non-o visa to do the work permit application since it is possible to do one with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

You will need supporting documents from your employer and a work permit application approval letter to get the non-b visa but they will often accept a letter from the BOI instead of the approval letter.

Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos or Penang Malaysia would be good locations.

Penang is the only place to get a multiple entry non-b visa but you need a work permit with at least 8 months of validity to apply for it.

All single entry non immigrant visas cost 2000 baht.