Safe Deposit Boxes outside the financial system

Hi,

Over the course of the next few months I might need to rent a safe deposit box. Since I would like to be this located outside a bank / the financial banking system, I only just started to do some initial research and come across 2 companies here in Bangkok:

CB Lockers

and

Safe Deposit Box Bangkok

Does anyone have any experience with either of the 2 services?

Cheers

DUS

Why would you trust a private company owned by an individual more than a Govt bank with valuables?

I have used the 2nd one years ago and their security is very high tech.... But i only stored important documents there... Not cash or gold Bars etc so I had no worries

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2016 at 4:28 AM, B1TcoinLife said:

Why would you trust a private company owned by an individual more than a Govt bank with valuables?

Because the largest confiscations of wealth  throughout history - directly and indirectly - have always been done by governments.

Governments and their banks can even take value from homeless beggars through an indirect tax we call "inflation", and routinely do so.

Valuables you have with a private company, such as CBLockers or Malca-Amit, you can insure against theft, damage, etc. It's more expensive and uncertain to insure against "confiscation" by governments, because most policies have an exclusion clause for government-related loss -- war, acts of civil unrest, revolutions, etc.

A private company is by definition interested in remaining in business at a profit, which means having voluntary, loyal customers. So, they can only steal your valuables once, as an exit scam.

And you can sue them for it, IF they do.

Any government entity gets 100% of its funds through involuntary "contributions". So, they have a captive "clientèle" in the form of "citizens" living on its turf. They stay "in business" whether you like them or not, and don't need to "earn your business" by acting honorably...

So, if a government told its money-making arm - the banks - to "confiscate, nationalize, etc" your safe-deposit box valuables, there is no one you will be able to sue, and your valuables will be even more surely a  total loss.