Couple Of Days In Ubon - Recommendations Wanted Pls

stament

Hi,

I'm going to be spending a couple of days in Ubon and wondered if any BM's could recommend somewhere good to stay (middle of the range) say upto 800THB per night.

Also recommendations on food places (not western) would be good and a couple of decent bars that are a bit lively and maybe show English football.

We are planning to then go to Chong Mek and onto Champasak in Laos for a couple of days, before going down the Mekong to Cambodia. So if anybody has any recommendations in these places of places to stay and eat they would be welcomed too. :o

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm going to be spending a couple of days in Ubon and wondered if any BM's could recommend somewhere good to stay (middle of the range) say upto 800THB per night.

Also recommendations on food places (not western) would be good and a couple of decent bars that are a bit lively and maybe show English football.

We are planning to then go to Chong Mek and onto Champasak in Laos for a couple of days, before going down the Mekong to Cambodia. So if anybody has any recommendations in these places of places to stay and eat they would be welcomed too. :o

Many thanks

Hi Statement

welcome to Ubon

In town there is many places to stay with that arrange and this time of the year you dont need to reserve any just walk in...

Bar's with Premier legue....live music,,, Bier Garden, you can sit outside there as well and look the footie, nice but bit off from center.

Food, dont worry abt that ,, where ever you go there is stall for that and hope you like spicy as they all are...

enjoy your stay here.

unfortunetly im not going to be here, but there is many (5-10 Lol)of farang's here and they are hanging out most of the night's....

Hi,

As Marco said there are a few places to stay, I think their is a list posted somewhere. The Pathumrat is a bit above your price at around 1200, then there are some very clean but basic rooms for about 400 behind the Wrong Way cafe (PM TV member wrongway for details). There are some other hotels but I don't have personal experience. Richard and Ting in the WrongWay would also be able to give you advice on other eateries (apart from their own).

Near Khong Chiam is a beauttiful resort hotel, overlooking the Mekong, called the Khong Chiam Toh Sang Resort. Balinese style, and although well above your mentioned budget, you may choose to spoil yourself with a night there - perhaps stay at the cheaper rooms in Ubon to compensate ? You could go from Ubon via Phibun to Kong Chiam, then head south to Chong Mek the next day. If you ar ereally idling your time away, you could stay in Phibun at the Kaeng Saphue hotel, north of the river just off the road to Kong Chiam - it is on the Mae Nam Mun facing what will be rapids later in the dry season. Also stop by my house for a cold one... (PM for details).

In Champasak there are a couple of guest houses by the river between the ferry and Wat Phu, but I have not stayed - we stayed in Pakse and went to Wat Phu as a day trip. Wat Phu is beautiful, very atmospheric. Pakse has a number of hotels, we stayed in two as the people on the first tried to rip us off on a motorbike rental. I can't remember the name of either hotel, not the prices :o

Have a great trip :D

Cheers,

Mike

Bar's with Premier legue....live music,,, Bier Garden, you can sit outside there as well and look the footie, nice but bit off from center.

Hi Marco,

I hate TV in a bar, but where is the Bier Garden ? Nice to sit outside and have a cold one ... :o

Cheers,

Mike

Mike

Beer Garden is next roud in line from Televiz, you recall ESSO junction by the BKK bank...

Bier Garden is end of that rouad toward's to the Big scools and Prison side.

I been there few times, it's actually not only A Bar, you can get good food also, and it's build from Scadinavian wood panel, foodalso Menu is in both TH&ENG, prices,, not cheapest but not that expensive.

Hi Marco,

I hate TV in a bar, but where is the Bier Garden ? Nice to sit outside and have a cold one ... :o

Cheers,

Mike

Was cruising yesterday in the town with bike and that place called now A"FINE DAY"

Hi Marco,

Cheers,

Mike

Mike

Beer Garden is next roud in line from Televiz, you recall ESSO junction by the BKK bank...

Bier Garden is end of that rouad toward's to the Big scools and Prison side.

I been there few times, it's actually not only A Bar, you can get good food also, and it's build from Scadinavian wood panel, foodalso Menu is in both TH&ENG, prices,, not cheapest but not that expensive.

Thanks Marco, will give it a try. Maybe we can meet up there sometime when we are both in town at the same time !