New expressway linking Bangkok’s west to inner city is ready to open

rooster59

New expressway linking Bangkok’s west to inner city is ready to open

154_Expressway-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Traveling by cars from the western part of Bangkok to the heart of the capital will soon be faster and more convenient as the Sri Rat-Outer Ring Road expressway project is now completed and ready to open next month.

This was disclosed by the transport minister after he inspected the readiness of the project yesterday before next month’s official opening.

The project is a 6-lane elevated expressway, mostly constructed in the existing right of way of the Red Line Mass Transit Railway (Bangsue-Talingchan Section) route with the total length of 16.7 kilometers.

The project starts from Karnchanaphisek Road (Outer Ring Road) at a location near Mahasawat Water Treatment Plant and the route runs through the east direction along the existing right of way of the southern railway route and crossing the Chao Phraya River at Rama VI Bridge prior to ending at Kampaemgphet 2 road, north of Mochit 2 bus terminal.

155_Arkom
Mr Arkom Termphittaya-Paisit, The Transport Minister

Mr Arkom Termphittaya-Paisit, the transport minister, said the expressway would be fully completed by the end of this month, or sooner than schedule.

This expressway will help ease traffic congestion on the west of the Outer Ringroad or Karnchanaphisek road into the heart of the capital, he said.

He said before the official opening on August 20, the Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT) will open the expressway for a free trial run for vehicles from August 15-17.

The fee is 50 baht for a vehicle with four wheels, 75 baht for vehicles with 6-10 wheels and 110 baht for vehicles with over 10 wheels.

156_Expressway.jpg

153_Expressway.jpg

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-expressway-linking-bangkoks-west-inner-city-ready-open/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-23

post-247607-0-33504700-1469250998_thumb.

post-247607-0-86689000-1469251009_thumb.

post-247607-0-94954200-1469251023_thumb.

For those who have time and leisure tongue.png

(it's worth opening and browse through)

A 24 min HD (drone?) flight video over the road under construction.

Edited by KhunBENQ

For those who have time and leisure tongue.png

(it's worth opening and browse through)

A 24 min HD (drone?) flight video over the road under construction.

Thanks for the video, very informative! biggrin.pngwai.gif

It comes out a bit far south for me, but if it reduces the traffic on Rattanathibet Rd it won't be a bad thing :)

Route 9 has always been a race-track, it's not going to get any better :(

Just what is needed...another race track for lunatic Thai drivers !

Don't be so negative. This has to be a great improvement to move tens of thousands of vehicles every day. Obviously you don't need to travel much on the road system to appreciate a good initiative. I suppose you complain about new BTS or MRT extensions too. Well done to the Thai authorities I say... Edited by AliasJohn

Just what is needed...another race track for lunatic Thai drivers !

Don't be so negative. This has to be a great improvement to move tens of thousands of vehicles every day. Obviously you don't need to travel much on the road system to appreciate a good initiative. I suppose you complain about new BTS or MRT extensions too. Well done to the Thai authorities I say...

The countryboys complaint about anything which is built in BKK. They want them to build skytrains, elevated highways, supermalls, walking bridges in their own village in the sticks, right next to the temple.

I wished they made a special lane for motocy's on this highway. Everything is always for cars, motorcycles are less then soidogs.