US: Wasserman Schultz goes from favored to on the outs

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one falls in disgrace.

Not quite. Hillary just hired DWS for her campaign, which, come to think of, she was already working for all these months anyway. Poor Sanders voters not only being cheated but having it rubbed in their faces. http://fortune.com/2016/07/24/wasserman-schultz-clinton-campaign/

I thank the Lord when partisan hacks like Schultz are exposed, and Donald Trump should be thankful too because in the latest two polls out over the weekend he is in the lead by 5 and 6% points respectively, and that is due more to the DNC corruption than a bounce from the GOP convention thumbsup.gif It looks like some of those folks sitting on the fence saw this latest revelation of corruption in the Democrat party as the final straw.

Wasserman- Schultz was a decent person. She knew that Sanders was a dangerous manipulative man who's policies would cause serious damage to the Democrats. Many people on these threads have called Sanders a commie. He is not, but that's what a majority of US nationals believe. The longer he played with the party, the more damage he caused. Sanders wasn't even a Democrat. He used the party, so why would anyone expect the people who worked hard to maintain the party, to keep the party functioning when it faced defeat in congressional elections, to embrace Sanders with his finger waving?

It's very easy to stick the political knives into Wasserman Schultz, but she worked hard to advance and had to deal with petty bigots and women haters along the way. This thread illustrates that. The Sanders supporters are not the people who paid for the party infrastructure, the researchers, the advertising. They rode coat tails.

I find it incredible that Obama gets attacked for not going farther than he did, while others rip into the man for going to far. Instead of blaming people like Clinton or Wasserman Schultz, they should look in their mirrors and consider the greedy , selfish, miserable bullies staring back at them.

Wait a minute...you mean I sent those emails about Bernie?

Schultz would make a far better Republican than a Democrat. You expect this kind of behaviour from Republicans. She should really join the Trump campaign than Hillary's.

Correct me if I am wrong but are Republicans supporting Wikileaks now? Assange seems to have gone from scum of the Earth to whistleblower champion status. Funny to watch Right Wingers jettison their hatreds when they perceive leaks favour their view.

Bernie was a real threat to Hillary's campaign they went to war to win the nomination and protect their backers. That's politics, you have to beat your opponent. The GOP did everything they could to get rid of Trump but couldn't.

Dirty tricks in politics Republicans cannot take the higher ground here they are the worst, Money in politics, you have to be kidding me Republicans are 100% owned and operated subsidiary by corruption awash with bribery from the big end of town.

Correct me if I am wrong but are Republicans supporting Wikileaks now?

Assange was leaking state secrets that threatened national security. All wikileaks is doing now is exposing the unethical activities of someone else who violated national security and got away with it.

The Dems, if not the entire US political system, are self-destructing even faster than the Republicans. Ms. Debbie was always part of the Clinton machine and installed as DNC head to pave the way for Hillary. Now the Dem insiders always saw Sanders as an outsider to be resisted at every opportunity forgetting that his supporters were indeed true Democrats. They still continue to trash talk Sanders and his supporters who they now desperately need to win against Trump. So Ms. Debbie finally gets outed as having interfered with the democratic process and as having stacked the deck against Sanders and his supporters, again many of whom were mainstream Democrats, and they replace Debbie with another Clinton shill, Brazile, as interim DNC head and then Clinton hires the now disgraced Ms. Debbie. I thought that the Democratic Party had come to its senses when they took on Kaine as their VP choice, a moderate centrist without the Clinton baggage, but now I see that they will continue to self-destruct with their very flawed candidate and I am beginning to think that Trump will indeed come out victorious and the current US government will be at the end of its life cycle. As others have noted, whether the coming transition will be peaceful or violent is yet to be seen.

Sanders started a political revolution for the Dems, and Trump started one for the GOP. Somehow, Trump managed to consolidate his position over a weak GOP structure. Now, we are seeing what was perceived to be a stronger Dem structure caving in at the convention over Sanders/Clinton. We'll see this week if they can recover, but it's not certain Hilary can win.

Wow, never thought I would think this, but I do think Trump can and very well might win. Sad day for America, but a period of retrenchment, isolation, and disengagement with the world is coming led by an unqualified, intemperate leader. The US will change now, and I know the parallels have been falsely drawn with the Brexit in the UK, but they are there nonetheless: isolation, disengagement, turning inward.

I understand that Wasserman Schultz and her shamed boss will still be able to apply for positions collecting coins at the Republican White House in Jan.

True to their word, Republicans are offering these two people the position of, Sanitation Engineer.

More jobs for the unemployed....

Isn't that Great?

They must promise not to use government servers to generate tissue paper from emails.

The Dems, if not the entire US political system, are self-destructing even faster than the Republicans. Ms. Debbie was always part of the Clinton machine and installed as DNC head to pave the way for Hillary. Now the Dem insiders always saw Sanders as an outsider to be resisted at every opportunity forgetting that his supporters were indeed true Democrats. They still continue to trash talk Sanders and his supporters who they now desperately need to win against Trump. So Ms. Debbie finally gets outed as having interfered with the democratic process and as having stacked the deck against Sanders and his supporters, again many of whom were mainstream Democrats, and they replace Debbie with another Clinton shill, Brazile, as interim DNC head and then Clinton hires the now disgraced Ms. Debbie. I thought that the Democratic Party had come to its senses when they took on Kaine as their VP choice, a moderate centrist without the Clinton baggage, but now I see that they will continue to self-destruct with their very flawed candidate and I am beginning to think that Trump will indeed come out victorious and the current US government will be at the end of its life cycle. As others have noted, whether the coming transition will be peaceful or violent is yet to be seen.

Sanders started a political revolution for the Dems, and Trump started one for the GOP. Somehow, Trump managed to consolidate his position over a weak GOP structure. Now, we are seeing what was perceived to be a stronger Dem structure caving in at the convention over Sanders/Clinton. We'll see this week if they can recover, but it's not certain Hilary can win.

Wow, never thought I would think this, but I do think Trump can and very well might win. Sad day for America, but a period of retrenchment, isolation, and disengagement with the world is coming led by an unqualified, intemperate leader. The US will change now, and I know the parallels have been falsely drawn with the Brexit in the UK, but they are there nonetheless: isolation, disengagement, turning inward.

People will vote for change...as one would turn to the lottery for Hope.

Anything is better than the status quo.....

Through him at the wall....if it sticks, then make him president. By the way, if he fails, he will be impeached with a vengeance.

Hillary will never get impeached....same like Obama...as they run the system. Trump does not.

People worry too much.

Edited by slipperylobster

There is nothing illegal or illicit here, just Democratic Party internal politics. The DNC can support anyone they want. If the rank-and-file doesn't like it, they can press for changes at the top, and that's what they got. Democracy in action.

Do you really think she resigned for doing nothing wrong? The DNC is not supposed to favor one candidate over another. They did, DWS was all in and now she has moved openly over to the side she was covertly supporting...

13620258_1198434573531185_63742875988204

Well she wouldn't want to hire someone out of character who doesn't fit in. Still it wouldn't even be a risk going for quality because who's ever heard of a good apple turning bad apples good?

Assange was leaking state secrets that threatened national security. All wikileaks is doing now is exposing the unethical activities of someone else who violated national security and got away with it.

Exactly. It's an amazing deflection now. it's all Putin's fault. If they had no corruption to expose there would be no issue, period.

I understand that Wasserman Schultz and her shamed boss will still be able to apply for positions collecting coins at the Republican White House in Jan.

Hopefully their uniforms will not have pockets or many of those coins will likely "disappear".

People will vote for change...as one would turn to the lottery for Hope.

Anything is better than the status quo.....

Through him at the wall....if it sticks, then make him president. By the way, if he fails, he will be impeached with a vengeance.

Hillary will never get impeached....same like Obama...as they run the system. Trump does not.

People worry too much.

Your message, and all of the Trump supporters has been change, and when that change is accompanied by great vision, great execution plan, and precise and good leader, that is good. The problem with Trump is he doesn't have any of those things, he just plays on fears and is short on substance. So, I feel we will get a pig in a poke..for sure.

But, I agree, impeachment is there as a way to boost his ass out, though ugly. The danger is that this person consolidates power in this environment and takes the US down.

Yes, Hilary is everything ugly with politics as usual. Competent, but ugly.

They released much more, you're cherry picking.

Wikileaks was extremely unpopular with Republicans for many reasons.

I think the Brits are about to get pulled into the American presidential race. I think the GBP is about to get sold mercilessly as an example to Americans of what happens when you choose to step away from the status quo establishment, utterly corrupt though it may be.

I think the Brits are about to get pulled into the American presidential race. I think the GBP is about to get sold mercilessly as an example to Americans of what happens when you choose to step away from the status quo establishment, utterly corrupt though it may be.

I hope every Trump supporter on this forum reads your 3 line post. The most valuable post of the entire form regarding the US presidential race. Very well put. Perfect.

I hope every Trump supporter on this forum reads your 3 line post. The most valuable post of the entire form regarding the US presidential race. Very well put. Perfect.

It stinks to high Heaven, but should provide a great buy for Cable.

Wow, never thought I would think this, but I do think Trump can and very well might win. Sad day for America,

I think it was Obama that started the revolution within the Democratic Party with his unfulfilled promises of change that excited the nascent "progressive" movement. But after defeating Hillary in 2008 the Clinton machine quickly bought him out by backing Obama but forcing his hand with Hillary as Sec. of State and the inclusion of those Wall Street weasels like Larry Summers and the evil Tim Geitner into the inner entourage. Perhaps even more sorrowful, as part of bargain with the devil, Obama brought in that corporate shill Eric Holder as Attorney General. Crikey, I got more soul in my little toe than that Oreo has in total. So the progressives, shallow as they often are in their little "social media" worlds, reached out to Sanders and now the Dems want to throw out the baby with the bathwater and hand the election to the little Bavarian Donald Trump and his idiotic supporters. This is the ultimate case of dumb and dumber. A very sad period indeed.

Oh well. She's expendable.

That's all you needed to say as it describes EVERY Clinton affiliate. whistling.gif

Politics is a hardball game, dude.

Anyway apparently not that expendable. Didn't Clinton give her an important new job?

Edited by Jingthing

And Hillary keeps lying saying she knew nothing about the emails yet promotes Wasserman in her campaign team. Hillary could put on a clinic about lying.

Normally a candidate wouldn't be reading internal DNC emails. Do you have evidence that Hillary did or this just about personal bias against her?

BTW, trump lies much much more than Hillary, but nobody expects trump to be truthful.

All politicians lie of course, but there are different levels and frequencies of course.

And Hillary keeps lying saying she knew nothing about the emails yet promotes Wasserman in her campaign team. Hillary could put on a clinic about lying.

Normally a candidate wouldn't be reading internal DNC emails. Do you have evidence that Hillary did or this just about personal bias against her?

BTW, trump lies much much more than Hillary, but nobody expects trump to be truthful.

All politicians lie of course, but there are different levels and frequencies of course.

If Clinton were honourable -- she would not have hired her to her campaign. What Wasserman did was dishonest and repugnant. Her job in the DNC was to hold a free and fair set of primaries (elections) to allow the rank and file to select the new presidential nomination. What she did should be illegal since it was essentially fixing an election... and Wasserman should be in prison not in Hillary's campaign. The fact that Hillary has chosen someone like that shows that she also lacks morals. It is as wrong as the current Thai junta fixing the next election... it is no different.

So Hillary did not lie and she knew nothing sbout these 1,000's of emails AND if she did lie then its OK since she is a politician.

The two-pronged defense.

Nicely played.

"Yes officer of course I was speeding but all the other cars were speeding as well." Does that often work for you?

Clinton probably knew nothing about what was going on but in the eyes of the conservatives, she would be guilty of not knowing.

Clinton is a liar because the conservatives say she is a liar and they have been saying it for so long it has become a mantra. The Clinton's are probably the most investigated people on earth and for sur in US politics. As for the level of dishonesty, this is what Ken Starr had to say have his $80 million dollar investigation of Whitewater:

Starr also chose this occasion to completely exonerate President Clinton of any wrongdoing in the Travelgate and Filegate matters;[41] Democrats on the committee immediately criticized Starr for withholding these findings, as well as the Whitewater one, until after the 1998 Congressional elections.[42] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_controversy

Clinton probably knew nothing about what was going on but in the eyes of the conservatives, she would be guilty of not knowing.

I gave the benefit of the doubt to Hillary but it still does not answer the question of why she would "promote" or "hire" someone that was effectively guilty of rigging the primaries (election). What Wasserman repugnant -- but apparently Hillary obviously does not agree -- she seems to be fine with people rigging elections if it is in her interest.