Florida nightclub shooting: Two killed, 15 injured at Club Blu, Fort Myers

webfact

Florida nightclub shooting: Two killed, 15 injured at Club Blu, Fort Myers

Two people have been shot dead and as many as 15 more injured at a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida, CBS news has reported.

CBS quoted Lieutenant Jim Mulligan of the Lee County Sheriff's Office as telling its Fort Myers affiliate WINK-TV that a large number of deputies are at Club Blu, which was hosting a teen party.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/florida-nightclub-shooting-two-killed-15-injured-at-club-blu-fort-myers-20160725-gqdhfo.html

smh.jpg
-- Sydney Morning Herald 2016-07-25

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Obama's America.

Anyone think HRC will change it?

Pity the deputies weren't there BEFORE the shootings. I guess armed security will be a fixture at any gathering in the US from now on, or at least it should be.

Women are the fastest growing demographic owning guns in the US. Perhaps teenagers will be joining them now.

Pity the deputies weren't there BEFORE the shootings. I guess armed security will be a fixture at any gathering in the US from now on, or at least it should be.

Women are the fastest growing demographic owning guns in the US. Perhaps teenagers will be joining them now.

We have seen that having people with guns during those kinds of acts are useless.

In Dallas, where you have open-carrying weapons, it added : confusion, slowed down the police and didn t help at all because in case like thise, even the people with guns try to flee and not play "hero"....

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

No mention of nationality but i would not be shocked if he was a Muslim they love spreading their religion of peace.

A bit like Anders Behring Breivik, Andreas Lubitz, Or the numerous shootings repertoried here :

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting?

Nine pages of shootings, most of them being white, latino or black with more casualties than this one....

We have seen that having people with guns during those kinds of acts are useless.

In Dallas, where you have open-carrying weapons, it added : confusion, slowed down the police and didn t help at all because in case like thise, even the people with guns try to flee and not play "hero"....

I don't know of any States that allow firearms in establishments that serve alcohol even when someone has a Concealed Carry permit.

If I had to make odds, I would say this is going to be African-American based on it being Ft Meyers.

It is not going to be Muslim.

I see it was an event targeting (pun not intended) African American youth.

Nothing as yet that there is any Islamist connection, which seems very doubtful.

Sadly, mass shootings aren't rare in the U.S. and the vast majority have nothing to do with Jihadist motivations.

Ironic text on the ad: "Security Strictly Enforced"

Look this is a hot political year, so sorry for stating the obvious.

Islamic motivated attacks are being politically exploited by trump.

The much more common NOT IDEOLOGICALLY motivated gun deaths further what the majority of Americans actually want -- better gun control.

Of course it's natural that a multiple casualty shooting in a Florida nightclub so soon after Orlando is going to raise the question about another Jihadist nightclub attack. But this one ... doesn't seem so.

Edited by Jingthing

No mention of nationality but i would not be shocked if he was a Muslim they love spreading their religion of peace.

I don't think so. In America shooting happen all the time and its part of their culture to shoot each other but I could be wrong. In Europe its a different story most of the time.

Around 12 years ago I was offered a well paid job in L.A. and also the money was good (250,000$ pa) I turned it down and prefer Thailand as it is more save.

The situation is getting worse and worse, trumps new immigration rules that he told on meet the press over the weekend that he would also make it difficult for French tourists to get visa due to their immigration politic that lets refugees from Syria enter France is to lean will not make things better. Also his comment about the latest shootings in Germany. Don't know if you saw the experiment with the 13 year old that was sent to buy cigarettes and denied then beer and denied last he was sent to a gun show and came out with a gun and ammunition. That's the republican way and it will not help the situation either even if we close all borders and not let any tourist in to the us.

The perpetrator here will not be Ali, Mohammed or Ismail but almost certainly DeShawn, Trevon or Darnell ( victims as well). Not a pejorative comment, simply reflecting the reality of 90% of these 'events'.

No mention of nationality but i would not be shocked if he was a Christian they love spreading their religion of peace.

No mention of nationality but i would not be shocked if he was a Christian they love spreading their religion of peace.

Most likely a Christian identified person yes but very unlikely done in the name of any kind of Christian terror ideology. So that would mean no equivalence to Islamic Jihad. But nice try.

Why are 13 year old kids at a nightclub at 1am in the morning ?

After all that's happened in the last couple of months, you can hardly blame the police for not going in to check out underage drinking or anything else at these "teen parties." Any police asking questions or poking around would have led to "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" stuff. Get used to it, this is what American policing is going to look like in the aftermath of Ferguson. Certain areas of towns and cities are going to be no-go areas and the shoot outs are going to skyrocket.

The perpetrator here will not be Ali, Mohammed or Ismail but almost certainly DeShawn, Trevon or Darnell ( victims as well). Not a pejorative comment, simply reflecting the reality of 90% of these 'events'.

A safe bet.

This is the target audience who do you think it appeals to?

post-246924-0-54250000-1469446816_thumb.

the first quote from the club mentioned that they HAD armed security. Why should ANY place HAVE to have armed security.. you're nuts!