Non-o For Supporting A Thai Child

Sunbelt!!! thanks

that clears things up.

you state this, "This was not posted by us as you have pointed out, but this is accurate on the birth certificate. Also have it certified at the Regional District office. "

I have a court order that states I am the sole parent of my child, (needed this to apply for her thai passport with out her mom)

will that suffice? in lew if aving the BC certified? If Not how do I gte this certified? At the Ampur or ...

Also her last name and mine ar the same as well as she holds a US passport

Can't leave 800 in the bank as I dont have 800 in the bank :-)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunbelt!!! thanks

that clears things up.

You are welcome.
I have a court order that states I am the sole parent of my child, (needed this to apply for her thai passport with out her mom)

will that suffice? in lew if aving the BC certified? If Not how do I gte this certified? At the Ampur or ...

It will help. We have had cases where the birth certificate was fine. However some officers are asking for it to be certified at the Regional District office.

Tell me where your child was born and I'll give you the address on Tuesday. (Our office is closed for the Holiday tomorrow. )

Good

Good thing, this new law came out then as they say mana from heaven.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Just want to say a big thank you to the Sunbelt group for all the great free advice you are giving out on this forum.

I am in a similar situation to some of the other posters and have learnt a lot about my situation from just reading their posts.

I am going to go to my local Immigration office in the next few days and try to sort out my visa. If I have problems I will definitely get you guys to sort it for me as I think your charges as posted are reasonable compared doing visa runs every few months.

I printed out your advice to other posters and Ms Beach who happened to see it said that she would show it to friends who were having problems, so maybe they will contact you.

Thank you.

Beachcomber.

Sunbelt!!! thanks

that clears things up.

You are welcome.

It will help. We have had cases where the birth certificate was fine. However some officers are asking for it to be certified at the Regional District office.

Tell me where your child was born and I'll give you the address on Tuesday. (Our office is closed for the Holiday tomorrow. )

She was born in Phuket and I live here as well so .....Thanks again.......:-)

Curious, Tomorrow is Constitution day. The goverment in place thru out the constition in Sept. LOL

Good
Good thing, this new law came out then as they say mana from heaven.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

... yellow book

It helps you to open a bank account and get credit. Also with a drivers license.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Does it help in getting away with the 90-day (address) declarations?

--

Re: Grandfather Clause

If I understand correctly, I will loose my grandfather clause on a visa extension based on support of Thai wife with 400K in the bank, if I will apply for a visa based on National Police Order No. 606/2006 - Paragraph 7.17, clause 5 (i.e. living with my Thai child).

Till now, I have already extended "my wife support" visa (with 400K in the bank) 4 or 5 times.

But if I'll get an extension based on 7.17 (5), I will regain the grandfather clause rights based on that visa. Is it so?

P.S. After the age of 50, we probably loose some sharpness in understanding...

Does it help in getting away with the 90-day (address) declarations?
no

--

Re: Grandfather Clause

If I understand correctly, I will loose my grandfather clause on a visa extension based on support of Thai wife with 400K in the bank, if I will apply for a visa based on National Police Order No. 606/2006 - Paragraph 7.17, clause 5 (i.e. living with my Thai child).

Till now, I have already extended "my wife support" visa (with 400K in the bank) 4 or 5 times.

But if I'll get an extension based on 7.17 (5), I will regain the grandfather clause rights based on that visa. Is it so?

You loose the grandfather clause based on living with your Thai wife if you go for extension of stay based on living with the Thai child.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Just want to say a big thank you to the Sunbelt group for all the great free advice you are giving out on this forum.

I am in a similar situation to some of the other posters and have learnt a lot about my situation from just reading their posts.

I am going to go to my local Immigration office in the next few days and try to sort out my visa. If I have problems I will definitely get you guys to sort it for me as I think your charges as posted are reasonable compared doing visa runs every few months.

I printed out your advice to other posters and Ms Beach who happened to see it said that she would show it to friends who were having problems, so maybe they will contact you.

Thank you.

Beachcomber.

You are welcome. Any problems, we'll be happy to help.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Dear November rain!

Sorry, I don't know how to PM anymore..didn't find PM link. I'm mother of two adopted Thai children, and will (I hope so) have one more. I would like to know why You can not adopt "Your" child? Have You been contact with DSDW? We (my foreign husband and I) are also in the same situation that You with the visa, Non B, but not sure about the future! I would be happy to hear how are things going with You.

Dear November rain!

Sorry, I don't know how to PM anymore..didn't find PM link. I'm mother of two adopted Thai children, and will (I hope so) have one more. I would like to know why You can not adopt "Your" child? Have You been contact with DSDW? We (my foreign husband and I) are also in the same situation that You with the visa, Non B, but not sure about the future! I would be happy to hear how are things going with You.

Mouse over name and use the drop down menu (top right) to "send message". Just a click on the name will display the menu.

Edited by lopburi3

Hi My first Post here. Hope sunbelt can advice me..

I have a Philipino niece who is giving birth in the next week or so here in Bkk

I want to know how she can get her baby a Thai Birth Certificate and later to get a non O to stay with her child here in Bkk....that is IF the child will be accepted as a Thai National.??? the Father is a Thai but he has run out on her and can not be located.

Dont Think he wants to be found...Not even sure of his correct Family name also..

she is here on a 30 day exemption visa which she can not renew in Jan.

She has no income apart from what I would put in the bank ,if I could open an account in her name ,which we cant do with out a work permit. sorry its complicated. but hope you can help with some Sage advice PLEASE ...

PS should I ask her Doctor to issue her a 3 month no traval Medical Certificate ?

by all means ,ask the doctor to sign something you can take to immigration,and try and get an extension.im sure it is available under the circumstances .sure i heard 90 day extension available in these circumstances somewhere on the board.hope it was somebody who lives here and knows ,(for her sake)not just somebody who likes to think they know the rules.good luck :o

you DO NOT need a work permit to open a bank account!.if one bank refuses go to the next ,or go back on a different day and ask a different member of staff.i am amazed how many people continue to say this!!

I have tried many times to open an account different banks and branches BKK an Pattaya.. all say no work permit no account.

is there any way to get around this issue ?

by all means ,ask the doctor to sign something you can take to immigration,and try and get an extension.im sure it is available under the circumstances .sure i heard 90 day extension available in these circumstances somewhere on the board.hope it was somebody who lives here and knows ,(for her sake)not just somebody who likes to think they know the rules.good luck :o

Thanks I will ask the Doctor tomorrow for it and see what Immigration can give her 90 days would be a good start thanks

you DO NOT need a work permit to open a bank account!.if one bank refuses go to the next ,or go back on a different day and ask a different member of staff.i am amazed how many people continue to say this!!

I have tried many times to open an account different banks and branches BKK an Pattaya.. all say no work permit no account.

Keep trying different branches, different banks. Plenty of us have openned accounts (savings not checking) very recently with no trouble at all.

It helps if you dress properly (long pants, shoes, polo shirt....) Bring your passport along

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lopburi3

I am on my last 90 days of the visa, I'll have to take a trip to Singapore I suppose :D Unless someone can recommend KL...

I can only tell you what has just happened to me in Singapore.

I am under 50yrs with 5 yr old child (Thai/UK) seperated from his mother for the past 3.5 yrs (never married) with legal and sole custody of my child,granted by Thai Court.

I took all the legal paperwork along with childs Birth Certificate. I was REFUSED 1 yr O visa, and given 3 month single entry O!!!

THEY told me I needed a Marriage Cert plus Birth Cert of child to get 1 yr O even though I was not married to the mother AND had all neccessary Docs from the court.

They told me if I had the marriage Cert plus Birth Cert then I would not need anything else including bank statements or proof of income :D:D

Oh dear, this is not good news at all, has anybody else had any similar experiences as JacknDanny under the same circumstances?

If this is the case then I feel very very sad indeed, I don't consider myself a nuisance alien, one who comes here to do what the immigration dept considers illegal or anything like that, I am just here, living a nice little life with my small family, I have an income from the UK but it's not massive, big enough to take care of us just nicely although it is not enough to go through the process of getting my partner and baby boy visas for the UK, nor would I like to go back there!

Are we really considered worthless by the Thai immigration dept. that I will be unable to get a Non-O next time I travel out of the country to obtain one?? Surely it would be so much easier and more economical for the Thai government to take my money directly(as has been suggested countless times on this forum) then we could all stop farting around and worrying for gods sake!!

Does anybody out there have any influence??

Sunbelt, any clues? If I go to Singers for a new Non-O and get refused is there anything you can do for me?

Nikkijah, without getting lost in the myriad of replies that followed your initial question I have just been through the Divorce process. Having gained full custody of my son my first concern, and question to my Lawyer (Thai), was where do I stand regarding my Non-O Visa?

The long & the short of it, and I certainly lost sight of this point, is that the Non-O is NOT a Marriage Visa. The Non-O is a "dependants" Visa for visiting family resident in Thailand. The rules for applying for a long-stay Non-O do not change.

Provided you have the appropriate paperwork, in this case the Divorce Certicate (from the Amphoe) and supporting documents proving that you have custody and your child's Thai Birth Certificate then any Thai Consulate or Embassy will issue or renew your Non-O Visa. The Hull Consulate does not even require documents, although they certainly help, provided you complete the self-certification form included in their application pack.

Hope that helps....

Unfortunately Rob_Ptty I have not been married to then get divorced(yet :bah: ) so I'm not sure your situation is similar enough to mine to compare, as JacknDanny says, he went with all the officially required documents but was still refused :o

Sunbelt, please enlighten at least me and JacknDanny on what steps we can take next...

I see that JacknDanny posted his response on the 2nd of Dec so something may have happened since, can you shed any light on this JacknDanny/sunbelt?

Thanks all for your replies and advice, I just need clarification with regards to my particular situation

Nikkijah :D

JacknDanny...went with all the officially required documents but was still refused :o

From what I have read, JacknDanny received a single-entry non-O visa in Singapore.

--

Maestro

Thats right but it's a very expensive compulsory alternative to getting a 1 year multiple entry NON-O though isn't it, why wasn't he issued with a 1 year visa of the same category? A NON-O is a NON-O whether it is 3 months or 1 year so why the frugality?? I thought the decision was supposed to be the applicants whether or not he needed a short term NON-O or a long term...

Nikkijah :D

It has never been the applicants choice as to what a Consulate will issue. And few have a recent history of providing multi entry non immigrant O visas. If you intend to live in Thailand you are expected to obtain an extension of stay from immigration rather than depend on non immigrant visas. For those working in there home countries, and thus having a need for a multi entry type, the non immigrant multi entry O is normally fairly easy to obtain for the trips they may make each year.

It has never been the applicants choice as to what a Consulate will issue. And few have a recent history of providing multi entry non immigrant O visas. If you intend to live in Thailand you are expected to obtain an extension of stay from immigration rather than depend on non immigrant visas. For those working in there home countries, and thus having a need for a multi entry type, the non immigrant multi entry O is normally fairly easy to obtain for the trips they may make each year.

I meant that on the application form the applicant makes the choice of 3 or 12 months, obviously, the choice of what the consulate issues is up to the consulate.

So I intend to live in Thailand but from what I've read I am unable to obtain an extension because of my age(under 50).

So, I need to obtain a NON-O from Singapore but am concerned that I'll pay the airfair which is more expensive than to Penang and the hotels in Singapore are considerably more expensive than other surrounding countries, so, what I want to know is, has anybody else had the same problem as JacknDanny and only been offered a 3 month NON-O which is practically the same thing as a NON-O 12 month multiple entry visa except it costs more and thus allows you more time in the country.

Any of your experiences are appreciated

Nikkijah :o

Edited by Nikkijah

• 2 weeks later...
Hi My first Post here. Hope sunbelt can advice me..

I have a Philipino niece who is giving birth in the next week or so here in Bkk

I want to know how she can get her baby a Thai Birth Certificate and later to get a non O to stay with her child here in Bkk....that is IF the child will be accepted as a Thai National.??? the Father is a Thai but he has run out on her and can not be located.

Without the Thai Father being found and married to your niece, the baby cannot be a Thai national.
PS should I ask her Doctor to issue her a 3 month no traval Medical Certificate ?

yes.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

We have helped lots of people with this problem. You can open an account with the Bank of Ayudhya with our introduction. We provide the introduction as a free service.

So I intend to live in Thailand but from what I've read I am unable to obtain an extension because of my age(under 50).

Unless you were grand fathered( meaning you had the extension of stay based on support before Oct 1st 2006.) If you are a new applicant, then no new extension of stay is allowed for having a Thai child unless you are over 50 years old.

Also beware, it was not a walk in the park for JacknDanny to received a single-entry non-O visa in Singapore. He had to talk with the Ambassador after being denied.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

If you are grandfathered in, do you know what you have to provide as far as $$ is concerned, is it the 800k...400k...or 40k per month etc.

My last extension all I had to show was the letter from the bank, I did not even read it and cannot remember what the balance was at the time. But it went through no problem.

If you are grandfathered in, do you know what you have to provide as far as $$ is concerned, is it the 800k...400k...or 40k per month etc.

My last extension all I had to show was the letter from the bank, I did not even read it and cannot remember what the balance was at the time. But it went through no problem.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Always photo copy any documents you provide and that goes for anything.

I always get them to photo copy the initial one and put an original and official stamp on it and sign it.

Usually they don,t charge you if you ask at the time of providing the info.

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

• 1 month later...

Hello all;

Direct from Phuket immigration to obtain a 1 year extension on a type "o" visa for staying with your thai child if your over 50 ( IMPORTANT)

I just spoke with them. Am currently on a 1 year retirement extension and they know me there.

Told me

1. I need to show 500,000 in the bank three months (no idea where that came from but that's what they want to see)

2. Childs birth certificate

3. Childs House registration

4. Some sort of id for the child, (I have her passport)

4. Marriage/and or divorce paper ( I am legally divorced and the court gave me full custody)

Don't need any paper from the Amphur and can do right away, no sending papers to Bangkok.

So goes to show you its up to each office how they wnat to interpert the law. :o

But saves me having to deposit an extra 300,000

Hello all;

Direct from Phuket immigration to obtain a 1 year extension on a type "o" visa for staying with your thai child if your over 50 ( IMPORTANT)

I just spoke with them. Am currently on a 1 year retirement extension and they know me there.

Told me

1. I need to show 500,000 in the bank three months (no idea where that came from but that's what they want to see)

4. Marriage/and or divorce paper ( I am legally divorced and the court gave me full custody)

Don't need any paper from the Amphur and can do right away, no sending papers to Bangkok.

So goes to show you its up to each office how they wnat to interpert the law. :o

I find it hard to understand how they can interperate the rule that says no proof of income needed to mean 500,000 Baht needed.

If I were you I would go to Bangkok and apply there.

well I have not heard of amyone getting this in Bangkok except people thru Sunbelt and have heard of others in other offices being refused....

Like we have seen , Immigration interperts the law anyway they want to...

so you do the math

flight back and forth Min 5,000 baht

taxis' min 700 baht

Sunbelt charge 6,500

1 night min in Hotel and food 1,400

Visa charge 1,900

total 15,500 to make the visa in Bangkok

alot easier to borrow the monies I need and pay the 1% interest and do it here :-) + 1,900 visa charge

Hello all;

Told me

I find it hard to understand how they can interperate the rule that says no proof of income needed to mean 500,000 Baht needed.

If I were you I would go to Bangkok and apply there.

Here is how they came up with 500K. They went with paragraph 7.10 of the Police Order and not 7.17 (5)

7.10 In the case of foreign family whereas a member was granted to temporarily stay in the Kingdom on the purpose of studying in the Kingdom in accordance to 7.7 or 7.8. This only applies to the father, mother, spouse, child adopted child or child of the spouse.

In the case of the father or the mother, the father and the mother must have a bank account in Thailand and in their name showing the balance of no less than 500,000 Baht during the last 3 month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com