Yingluck drops HBD song for brother, and it's really sappy

webfact

Got everyone attention, again. Got under the skin of the junta. Got their message across to their supporters. Good PR and good timing. Their supporters will be reinvigorated and the plan to get rid of Thaksin regime is way off course.

It's a sad day when a society worships a convicted criminal on the run. And a sister does a song like this for her brother! Very, very, very weird.

The society does have a weird way of expressing how they feel about the conviction by electing them back to the government. Perhaps the judiciary has really not live up the expectation of the society.

As has been reported before, Thais are OK with corruption, as long as they get a piece! Even if it is a small piece like a crappy tablet for their kid! LOL

The junta share your point of view. A month after the coup,they recalled back the million tablets depriving those who can't afford even 3 meals a day, a chance to advance their knowledge. Maybe that's was the agenda of the junta to subdue education.

A reminder they are not going anywhere.

Oh boy here's the Yingluck name once again it the headlines and the junta yellows must be absolutely seething at the timing of this one.

Actually it's quite a brilliant and gutsy move as she has the one thing the junta yellows crave and that they will never have.

The hearts and minds of the majority of the Thai people.

Could you please define "the majority of the Thai people"?

Would that be over 33,500,000 which was the population in 2013?

If it is so can you also explain how you managed to get that number? Did you do a poll or something like that?

I do agree that there are many millions who do adore her, but equally there are many other millions who don't.

I am just trying to counter your bias with mine.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can go into further detail, but speaking "very generally":

Yellow = Bangkok, and further south (less than majority of population)

Red = Everything else (majority of the population)

Screen_Shot_2016_07_27_at_17_55_05.png

Oh boy here's the Yingluck name once again it the headlines and the junta yellows must be absolutely seething at the timing of this one.

Actually it's quite a brilliant and gutsy move as she has the one thing the junta yellows crave and that they will never have.

In your dreams parrot.

Heats and minds, yeah right if you say so.

Corking good actress though, when she can remember the script. Even fooled some dopes she was really in charge whilst acting as PM.

If it is so can you also explain how you managed to get that number? Did you do a poll or something like that?

I do agree that there are many millions who do adore her, but equally there are many other millions who don't.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can go into further detail, but speaking "very generally":

Then how come she was elected with a large minority?

Doubt she would do so well again, even if the Shin enforcers worked overtime marshaling the voters.

As has been reported before, Thais are OK with corruption, as long as they get a piece! Even if it is a small piece like a crappy tablet for their kid! LOL

The junta share your point of view. A month after the coup,they recalled back the million tablets depriving those who can't afford even 3 meals a day, a chance to advance their knowledge. Maybe that's was the agenda of the junta to subdue education.

Eric, Yingluck promised a tablet :just like hers" for all the children. Instead cheap Chinese ones were supplied to a few. It was another PTP/Shin scam, a popular ploy which as usual didn't quite happen. But hey, some clan acolytes filched some money on the deal no doubt.

PTP changed Education Ministers nearly as often as their underwear - an each one hand picked for their expertise, skill and talent. Perhaps you'd like to list PTP's other achievements in education as well as providing a few shoddy tablets. How those kids hopes and anticipation must have been disappointed.

Got everyone attention, again. Got under the skin of the junta. Got their message across to their supporters. Good PR and good timing. Their supporters will be reinvigorated and the plan to get rid of Thaksin regime is way off course.

It's a sad day when a society worships a convicted criminal on the run. And a sister does a song like this for her brother! Very, very, very weird.

The society does have a weird way of expressing how they feel about the conviction by electing them back to the government. Perhaps the judiciary has really not live up the expectation of the society.

Did they? Could you provide a link to an article. I must have missed it. As for the three meals a day bit. You do realise that Yinglucks government cancelled the school uniform subsidy that Abhisits government had introduced. Supposedly to help pay for the tablets!

But that was 5 years ago in 2011. The stuttering parrot is talking about 2016.

Eric, Yingluck promised a tablet :just like hers" for all the children. Instead cheap Chinese ones were supplied to a few. It was another PTP/Shin scam, a popular ploy which as usual didn't quite happen. But hey, some clan acolytes filched some money on the deal no doubt.

PTP changed Education Ministers nearly as often as their underwear - an each one hand picked for their expertise, skill and talent. Perhaps you'd like to list PTP's other achievements in education as well as providing a few shoddy tablets. How those kids hopes and anticipation must have been disappointed.

My son never got one, nor did my neighbours 2 children either.

In fact very few ever got one at his school in Khampaeng Phet.

True, but this divide is fairly well entrenched to say the least and the point of the post was to simply to explain the 'general' population difference in spread which helps understand why certain things occur.

It's all academic though isn't it. The junta made damn sure that the Thai people never got the chance to express their opinion, and they seem somewhat reticent about allowing them to express their opinion at any time in the foreseeable future. Now why can that be - over to you "Baerboxer" and friends...

We quite understand if you wish to delay your answer until all the unseemly fuss about arresting 8 year old girls and the complaining niece of the conscript tortured to death dies down, it really does make such a mess of your peace, order and happiness narrative doesn't it?

Edited by JAG

Then how come she was elected with a large minority?

Doubt she would do so well again, even if the Shin enforcers worked overtime marshaling the voters.

Well there is one simple wayvto find out. Hold a free election let the people decide. Oh no can't do that cos then the junta would be out on their arse again and we'd have to have another coup. Speaking of shin enforcers what about the 100 000 coppers and all the troops present at the voting stations to help people vote "correctly"? ah that's right junta can do no wrong,time to round up some more monkeys and primary school kids then.

It's all academic though isn't it. The junta made damn sure that the Thai people never got the chance to express their opinion, and they seem somewhat reticent about allowing them to express their opinion at any time in the foreseeable future. Now why can that be - over to you "Baerboxer" and friends...

We quite understand if you wish to delay your answer until all the unseemly fuss about arresting 8 year old girls and the complaining niece of the conscript tortured to death dies down, it really does make such a mess of your peace, order and happiness narrative doesn't it?

The arrest of children under the age limit of criminal responsibility looks like yet another example of clueless police not knowing what to do and doing something daft instead, Remind us, which political clan to the police normally support? That helps explain their ineptness.

The arresting of the niece is appalling and someone in authority needs to do something about that case and why justice wasn't served at the time. Remind us, which political party were in government at the time of the actual incident? And what that government did about it?

Change is a slow. But it's coming.

Red = Everything else (majority of the population

Screen_Shot_2016_07_27_at_17_55_05.pngl there is one simple wayvto find out. Hold a free election let the people decide. Oh no can't do that cos then the junta would be out on their arse again and we'd have to have another coup. Speaking of shin enforcers what about the 100 000 coppers and all the troops present at the voting stations to help people vote "correctly"? ah that's right junta can do no wrong,time to round up some more monkeys and primary school kids then.

Or perhaps police being made to do their duty for once and prevent violence, intimidation and corruption so people can vote freely. They seem much more inclined to do their duty when under the watchful eye of the military.

We all read who murdered innocent bystanders and children and then celebrated it at their political rally - with police and MP's on stage.

Red = Everything else (majority of the population

Screen_Shot_2016_07_27_at_17_55_05.pngl there is one simple wayvto find out. Hold a free election let the people decide. Oh no can't do that cos then the junta would be out on their arse again and we'd have to have another coup. Speaking of shin enforcers what about the 100 000 coppers and all the troops present at the voting stations to help people vote "correctly"? ah that's right junta can do no wrong,time to round up some more monkeys and primary school kids then.

Or perhaps police being made to do their duty for once and prevent violence, intimidation and corruption so people can vote freely. They seem much more inclined to do their duty when under the watchful eye of the military.

We all read who murdered innocent bystanders and children and then celebrated it at their political rally - with police and MP's on stage.

The arrest of children under the age limit of criminal responsibility looks like yet another example of clueless police not knowing what to do and doing something daft instead, Remind us, which political clan to the police normally support? That helps explain their ineptness.

The arresting of the niece is appalling and someone in authority needs to do something about that case and why justice wasn't served at the time. Remind us, which political party were in government at the time of the actual incident? And what that government did about it?

Very ordinary attempt at deflection. Typical junta lover rhetoric red bad junta good. Unfortunately the one thing you can never deny is that they were democratically elected which is far more than you will ever be able to say about the Junta, and speaking of singing you guys really need to change the song but..but...but...Thaksin is really getting played out. You junta lovers just can't seem to ken that just because we hate the junta doesn't correalate into a love for the reds. May be too much of a reach for your brainwashed minds.

Dodged the question though, didn't you. Let me repeat it. The junta made damn sure that the Thai people never got the chance to express their opinion, and they seem somewhat reticent about allowing them to express their opinion at any time in the foreseeable future. Now why can that be?

True, but this divide is fairly well entrenched to say the least and the point of the post was to simply to explain the 'general' population difference in spread which helps understand why certain things occur.

In general it is possible but not necessarily correct 5 years later, especially after the many things that have come to light since that election. Whilst many rural people are not always that well educated they do understand that after the PTP election promises that they will be a lot better off (ignoring Thaksins word that everybody will be rich in 6 months) there are many thousands of rural families much worse off financially than they were before and household debt is increasing every year.

Farmers usually borrow money at the start of the planting season to buy seeds and fertiliser for their crops in the hope that sometime in the future after the harvest that they can not only pay off that debt but even have some money left over to survive until the next season. They need money for essentials such as food, clothing, money to pay the electricity bills, money for the kids school clothes etc.

Some of them, the richer farmers, DID do well under the PTP rice scheme but more than a million weren't included in it and therefore didn't get anything but still had to pay the increased costs of fertiliser etc.

Many of them have long memories and don't forget or forgive that easily.

This is not to say that the current lot in power are perfect, far from it, but sometimes they do try and less often they succeed.

Having talked to quite a few Thais locally in rural Khampaeng Phet they really don't care WHO is in power and government as they know that they will be screwed over anyway, it is just by how much that matters.

What most families want is some stability, which they sort of have now, enough money for food on the table, bills to be paid, kids to go to school and learn enough to get away and they pray to Buddha that their kids will not get involved in using or selling drugs.

What most families want is some stability, which they sort of have now, enough money for food on the table, bills to be paid, kids to go to school and learn enough to get away and they pray to Buddha that their kids will not get involved in using or selling drugs.

They had these prior to the coup as well.

They had all these prior to the street demonstrations starting in late 2013 as well

They had all these in 2010, 2012,and all of 2013..

Somtamnication, on 27 Jul 2016 - 05:29, said:

A born singing star. Can I buy the single at 7-11?w00t.gif

For every song you buy of her, you get a kg of rotten rice with it,,, free....

Only a kilo, I thought there was so much available they would be offering a minimum of 2 or 3 kilo's

Not all society..

In general it is possible but not necessarily correct 5 years later, especially after the many things that have come to light since that election. Whilst many rural people are not always that well educated they do understand that after the PTP election promises that they will be a lot better off (ignoring Thaksins word that everybody will be rich in 6 months) there are many thousands of rural families much worse off financially than they were before and household debt is increasing every year.

Farmers usually borrow money at the start of the planting season to buy seeds and fertiliser for their crops in the hope that sometime in the future after the harvest that they can not only pay off that debt but even have some money left over to survive until the next season. They need money for essentials such as food, clothing, money to pay the electricity bills, money for the kids school clothes etc.

Some of them, the richer farmers, DID do well under the PTP rice scheme but more than a million weren't included in it and therefore didn't get anything but still had to pay the increased costs of fertiliser etc.

Many of them have long memories and don't forget or forgive that easily.

This is not to say that the current lot in power are perfect, far from it, but sometimes they do try and less often they succeed.

Having talked to quite a few Thais locally in rural Khampaeng Phet they really don't care WHO is in power and government as they know that they will be screwed over anyway, it is just by how much that matters.

I understand what you are saying, and you probably know more than I've been able to learn in the last 8 years or so - amazing Thailand as they say.

I suppose I was trying to show how the rural population is greater than the city, and essentially rural Thailand is Red (aside from the south). This means pigs will fly before Phetchaburi is red or before Issan is Yellow etc.... I think this attitude observation can not be ignored.

What I posted is more to provide a visual background for people who didn't go through the things leading to the 08 Swampy dramas, then the several years of BKK bus burnings/shootings etc....and eventually the 'latest' coup.

It's not like the US/UK/AUS/CAN where people seem to switch sides comparatively easily.

The problem is a deep divide and a severe lack of choices...

If you ask the majority of uneducated Isarn Thais why do they think Taksin is better than the Army - you will get answers like. He is a business man and he can do better things for Thailand! the army dont do anything...

You see and there by lies the problem... Businessmen are given kudos, when in reality they will only want to further their own empires at the expense of the kingdom.

Where are the Ang San Sus or those political candidates that will put Thailand first before themselves or their schemes?

They dont exists here... never have and never will... very few heroes indeed...

As posted above ( or similar ) if the PM did a cover of ' You'll do it my way '  it would be very popular in karaoke bars , unless they were about to be shut down , ah but if they got sung in karaoke bars it might be what is needed to keep them going. Ok I'm going now.