Staying In Thailand After Childs Birth

i am a uk national [32] and have been here in thailand for 3 years.i dont teach,i am supported by my thai boyfriend.i was doing 30 day runs but i now have a 90 day extension as i am due to give birth to our child next month.

what i need to know is after this 90 days is up what visa can i apply for to stay here with my partner and child?

i dont want to get married as i am still trying to locate my husband[also thai] as he did a runner a year ago[nice] and need to sort out a divorce with him!

anything i can do?????????

thanks

i am a uk national [32] and have been here in thailand for 3 years.i dont teach,i am supported by my thai boyfriend.i was doing 30 day runs but i now have a 90 day extension as i am due to give birth to our child next month.

what i need to know is after this 90 days is up what visa can i apply for to stay here with my partner and child?

i dont want to get married as i am still trying to locate my husband[also thai] as he did a runner a year ago[nice] and need to sort out a divorce with him!

anything i can do?????????

thanks

Inside Thailand, you can get a 60 day extension to "visit" your child.

In Singapore or KL, you can get a one year multi entry "O" visa.

Good luck with the baby.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You mentioned that your Thai husband did a runner a year ago. You also mentioned that you were doing a 30 days visa run. Have you been doing this visa run for the entire time of 3 years that you have been here or only for the past one year after your husband left you? :o

Guardian, I believe your question and the answer to it may make a difference in the options the original poster has a the moment.

If Bagwan was and still is on an annual extension as a dependent of her Thai husband and if her husband does not have to be physically present for a new application for extension (I am not sure about this last point), she should be able to apply for a new extension with her marriage certificate.

Let’s hear the answer of Bagwan.

---------------

Maestro

this post brings up some interesting news for me ,that of 90 day and 60 day extensions.this is something i have never heard of before. am i correct in thinking they are extensions to a 30 day visa free entry? if so what are the criteria for these? any information would certainly be enlightening.

A question to Sunbelt Asia in regards to the 90 day in Thailand extension. I am perplexed a little.

Mearkat stated that she was doing 30 runs and was given a 90 extension due to being pregnant. Pregnant with a 1/2 Thai 1/2 U.K baby. Is this atypical to get an extension? The husband did a runner and the new Thai boyfriend is holding the bag...Legally she is married ? Signed paper work and all? She said that she doesn't want toget married. Whats up? Then if so really married, isn't it only the husband that can speak up for her? And he is no where to be found. Or did they have leniency, pity, on her?

Ok, what I really want to know is that an additional extension can be made in Thailand on that 90 day extension for visiting purposes as you stated.

I was told that I can only get a two week extension at the end of my expiring non o single entry only. I went to Penang and only recieved a non o 3 month single entry. this kind of applies to the same catagory for Mearkat has a 90 day extension and I a 90 day visa. are they given the same consideration? I have two children in Thai. One is 5 1/2 and the other is 3 1/2. For me to have a 90 day extension would be just wonderfully bliss.

given from Penang, was that my last (quite a few entries) were 30 runs.

This for me and I would believe for Mearkat would sooth some worries..

What is the actual amount of days that can really be got?

Thanks

A question to Sunbelt Asia in regards to the 90 day in Thailand extension. I am perplexed a little.

Mearkat stated that she was doing 30 runs and was given a 90 extension due to being pregnant. Pregnant with a 1/2 Thai 1/2 U.K baby. Is this atypical to get an extension? The husband did a runner and the new Thai boyfriend is holding the bag...Legally she is married ? Signed paper work and all? She said that she doesn't want toget married. Whats up? Then if so really married, isn't it only the husband that can speak up for her? And he is no where to be found. Or did they have leniency, pity, on her?

Ok, what I really want to know is that an additional extension can be made in Thailand on that 90 day extension for visiting purposes as you stated.

I was told that I can only get a two week extension at the end of my expiring non o single entry only. I went to Penang and only recieved a non o 3 month single entry. this kind of applies to the same catagory for Mearkat has a 90 day extension and I a 90 day visa. are they given the same consideration? I have two children in Thai. One is 5 1/2 and the other is 3 1/2. For me to have a 90 day extension would be just wonderfully bliss.

Thanks

It's normal to be given a 90 day extension with a doctor's certificate. If you're having a baby here, the doctor usually gives it when you are around 8 months pregnant. Don't think the father gets one though.

Would seem that a visit to the husband's family might help sort out the divorce difficulty. Surely they know where he is.

this post brings up some interesting news for me ,that of 90 day and 60 day extensions.this is something i have never heard of before. am i correct in thinking they are extensions to a 30 day visa free entry? if so what are the criteria for these? any information would certainly be enlightening.

The 90 day is based on medical under paragraph 7.24 of the National Police Office Order

No. 606/2006. You can get with a request issued by the doctor of the Hospital where the patient is being treated.

The 60 day is based on visit of your spouse or child under paragraph 7.23 of the National Police Office Order No. 606/2006. You can get it by providing the Thai national ID card, household registration and birth certificate ( or if married a marriage certificate) No income or funds in the bank is required.

These extensions are granted with a non immigration visa or you can change from a 30 day tourist visa exemption stamp or tourist visa.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Mearkat stated that she was doing 30 runs and was given a 90 extension due to being pregnant. Pregnant with a 1/2 Thai 1/2 U.K baby. Is this atypical to get an extension?

The 90 day is based on medical under paragraph 7.24 of the National Police Office Order

No. 606/2006. She can get with a request issued by the doctor of the Hospital where she is being treated.

As stated before

Inside Thailand, you can get a 60 day extension to "visit" your child.

Thanks

You can get a extension to visit your children for 60 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

that is excellent news sunbelt!! im sure a 60 day extension to a non imm o(single entry) would make a lot of difference to many with kids here,giving 150 days total.it will certainly be what i am looking to do when my little one arrives in february,as i usually leave the country twice a year anyway for work for 2 months each time. now i just have to survive untill the end of feb somehow!!!! thanks again for the info sunbelt.

just one more clarification please ,you say this extension can be applied for by providing Thai national ID card, household registration and birth certificate .do the documents have to be originals or are copies ok.i am asking mainly about the household registration document.thanks again.

just one more clarification please ,you say this extension can be applied for by providing Thai national ID card, household registration and birth certificate .do the documents have to be originals or are copies ok.i am asking mainly about the household registration document.thanks again.

Orginal and copies.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

original and copies !!! <deleted> , when you say household registration document, do you mean the tabien baan ?? i hope not because we have not got an original and no chance of getting it either!!

The blue book. If you don't have it, just take the copy. It goes smoother if you have originals. If you don't have it, then you can explain why you don't have the original if they ask, rather than saying" It's at home"

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt Asia

It never ceases to amaze me sometimes the valuable information that can be sprung upon you..

Will any immigration office be suffice, or does it have to be at bkk Suan Plu?

Anyway, thankyou very much for the great information. I need just about two more months to

get me through to the end of Feb. AND THIS IS IT..Fewwwwww.

I will give it a go...

Sincerely Uncletom

Sunbelt Asia

It never ceases to amaze me sometimes the valuable information that can be sprung upon you..

Will any immigration office be suffice, or does it have to be at bkk Suan Plu?

Anyway, thankyou very much for the great information. I need just about two more months to

get me through to the end of Feb. AND THIS IS IT..Fewwwwww.

I will give it a go...

Sincerely Uncletom

You are welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

BKk Suan Plu would be your best bet. Immigration there at least follows the rules unlike some provinces.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

i am legally married,but never did a marrige visa! kept doing the runs,easier than all the paperwork,does this make any difference,also my thai boyfriend is not left with the baggage,he knows the score. still doesnt make much sense to me,just need to know if i can stay here after the birth!

i am legally married,but never did a marrige visa! kept doing the runs,easier than all the paperwork,does this make any difference,also my thai boyfriend is not left with the baggage,he knows the score. still doesnt make much sense to me,just need to know if i can stay here after the birth!

Getting an extension of stay for a foreign woman married to a thai male is very straightforward and requires only that you are married (ie no income requirements as in the case of extensions of foreign men married to Thai women).

To Sunbelt Asia.

Well let me say to Mearkat first. I didn't mean to rock your boat. No maliciousness intended..

Sunbelt Asia.. Ok suan Plu is the best, but how is Chiang Mai's immigration? Should I go down and ask them first if this is possible up, and will they do it?.. Bkk is a couple of days trip that I would rather not do unless necessary. Prefer to stay with the kids.

Thanks again. Have a good day.

Uncletom